I really hate RDS.ca

TYLENOL

Dec 29, 2012
Stop complaining, the analysts on rds are very good. Ya, they can be homers and ya they dont know their facts as well as TSN . At least the analysts sound like they have passion for our habs.

Svart

Live Slow, Die Fat
Jul 5, 2006
I never go on RDS because it gives me a headache. The site is so poorly laid out, it's a mess.

They think it's 1997 still.

Apparently they'll be refreshing the look and design of the website soon.. it's about time.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
When there's linguistic diversity It's necessary to provide coverage for the two audiences. The New York Yankees have separate radio broadcasts for their Spanish- and English-speaking fans. The respective quality of RDS and TSN is another matter.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I don't think RDS being Habs centric is a good thing. It has it's uses, but regional media is notoriously less professional than national media. Both pander to the ignorant masses and care more about popularity than journalist ethics, but RDS is geared especially toward groupthink. The language issue let's the, get away more too, because they know most of their audience would prefer French sources and therefore have less alternatives.

Don't get me wrong, TSN is awful too and panders to Toronto, and ESPN to big American markets, but there audience isn't nearly as homogenous as RDS'. And not being filled with Habs fans isn't a bad thing, if I want t hear the opinions of people whose opinion is warped by watching far more Habs than other teams, I'll come here. Sometimes it's nice to remember there are 29 other teams out there.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
One thing I like about RDS.

chantalMachabee.jpg

Makander

Aug 12, 2008
They didnt post it as a fact, they said it could be possible that Galchenyuk make the team and i agree with them, knowing what we know about Therrien and his face when talking about Galchy im pretty sure he wants him to make the team and hell do everything possible to make him look good.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Galchenyuk is a lock for the Habs top 6. Just look at what he managed to achieve at the WJC despite not getting any PP time because of Grigorenko. He fully deserves a spot on the team.

Gaston is the man!

Silly Gaston. There's no way Gally makes the team if Grigorenko plays #1 PP at camp.

6 minutes too late :laugh:

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Whenever RDS is involved, i only listen to the actual facts and news and I filter all their bull **** opinions. They're often wrong, bigoted or subjective. So I don't bother. I rather watch any game on any channel but RDS as well. Even if their commentators are supporting the opposing team. Sometimes you hear the RDS people bashing the Habs, saying negative things or just being a huge bummer. So when I watch the opposing teams channel and I hear them support their team, it's more enjoyable. At least it feels exactly what an opposing fan would say.

**** RDS. This coming from a Frenchman.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Come on...RDS are notorious for jumping the gun and posting rumors as fact. TSN is 100 times more professional when it comes to making sure the rumor is true and the source reliable before they go with a story.

RDS rips off their news from TSN most of the time anyway, and when they manage to break out a news first, it usually comes from their one legit insider, Renaud Lavoie.

I don't remind them jumping the gun too often to be honest. Their website is just cheap, outdated, and filled with amateurism content for the most part. To think I used to post on their forums :laugh:.

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal
TSN is def Toronto centric. That said they are 100 times more watchable than RDS will ever hope to be. Like many here, I only have RDS for habs games.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
There's about 3 persons on RDS that I have some respect in the Hockey Department: Pierre Houde, Marc Denis and Renaud Lavoie as an insider. The rest are a bunch of idiots, especially Gaston Therrien. God is he ****ing clueless :laugh: How he landed that job is beyond me.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
I know what you'll tell me. To go to tsn.ca or another site. But RDS is still the one with the most habs news.

Now I'm a bit pissed off because they have as their main topic "une place pour Galchenyuk" (a place for Galchenyuk). You would think that someone has made official that Galchenyuk made the team. But no!!! It's just the opinion of Gaston Therrien. What the hell is that? I have no problem with putting blogs and stuff like that from the "experts" working for them, but as the main topic? And a title like that that is soooo misleading?

Chill out dude. Have you ever followed TSN and the crap they say/write about the Leafs? Also, just get a PVR, record the games and skip the commercial and interviews. And I also think there's nothing wrong with being excited about Galchenyuk.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Galchenyuk is a lock for the Habs top 6. Just look at what he managed to achieve at the WJC despite not getting any PP time because of Grigorenko. He fully deserves a spot on the team.

Gaston is the man!

6 minutes too late :laugh:

"getting any PP time because of Grigorenko"

They did not play for the same team, what are you talking about?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I've gotta love the posters who claim that TSN is Toronto centric and then turn around and claim the reason they watch RDS is because they talk about the Habs. Does the word irony mean anything to you?

Hands down TSN is heads & shoulders above the amateur show at RDS. The only reason i watch it is because they have more items on the Habs. But if I watched only RDS I would have no idea what went on in the rest of the league which seems to be a priority for most of their reporters.

Aside from the professionalism of TSN and amateurism of RDS there's also the little matter of overt bigotry & sexism on RDS. You see black faces(Germaine Franklin) Arab faces (Najib Kareem), Asian faces (John Lu) and quite a few women on TSN. What do you see on RDS? One woman and a group of let's-keep-these-nice jobs-among-ourselves-and-keep-the-ethnics-out. Last time I looked the gender split was the same in Quebec when compared to the rest of Canada. Also the minority split is very similar too but don't tell that to the effing bigots in RDS management.

RDS turns my stomach. If it wasn't for the Habs I would never watch that POS station.

Last edited:

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
In the battle of the worthless opinions, RDS is the heavyweight champ

RDS

Gaston Therrien
Bertrand Raymond
Michel Bergeron
Stephane Langdeau

TSN

Dave Hodge
Craig Button
?

As for insiders, there is simply no debate. RDS does not have anyone even close.

RDS serves up more Habs content, no doubt, but you always know that it is a baloney sandwich, not a meal at Joe Beef

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
RDS.ca feels very cheap and amateur-ish in terms of layout and looks. It's the "Le Journal De Montreal" of sports website.

Carboneer

Sep 25, 2008
Montreal
Also, TSN insiders are actually legit... remember when the Habs were for sure going to select Terevainen 3rd overall?

It was on the front page of RDS.ca... fail.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad