I really hate RDS.ca

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
I know what you'll tell me. To go to tsn.ca or another site. But RDS is still the one with the most habs news.

Now I'm a bit pissed off because they have as their main topic "une place pour Galchenyuk" (a place for Galchenyuk). You would think that someone has made official that Galchenyuk made the team. But no!!! It's just the opinion of Gaston Therrien. What the hell is that? I have no problem with putting blogs and stuff like that from the "experts" working for them, but as the main topic? And a title like that that is soooo misleading?

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I like RDS better than TSN. TSN is so unpersonal. And they always overhype the Leafs and underate the Habs. I like RDS' passion. Which leads them to "mettre la charrue avant les bœufs" sometimes, indeed. But then, you have François Gagnon trying to hold everyone off on L'Antichambre (about Galchenyuk). However, they might speculate, but it's very much almost 100% highly probable that Galchenyuk will make the team this year. I remember this summer when most posters would give me flak for suggesting that Galchenyuk would play wing and make the team...

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
I like RDS better than TSN. TSN is so unpersonal. And they always overhype the Leafs and underate the Habs. I like RDS' passion. Which leads them to "mettre la charrue avant les bœufs" sometimes, indeed. But then, you have François Gagnon trying to hold everyone off on L'Antichambre (about Galchenyuk). However, they might speculate, but it's very much almost 100% highly probable that Galchenyuk will make the team this year. I remember this summer when most posters would give me flak for suggesting that Galchenyuk would play wing and make the team...

Are you serious? RDS is crap

nikhilmtl

Nov 21, 2011

Tsn doesn't "undermine" the Habs or or overhype the leafs. This is just whiny Habs fans bs.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
If RDS is crap, what is TSN, ******** ? Medias are not perfect, we all know it, but how is TSN better than RDS ?

For one thing, they're much more professional as a whole. I don't really care for one much over the other, though. If I'm looking for news, TSN. If I'm watching the habs game, RDS.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
I never go on RDS because it gives me a headache. The site is so poorly laid out, it's a mess.

Same here, they lay out is horrible, seems somewhat cheap.

Maybe you guys should try hockeyinsideout.com instead or habsworld.net is not too bad either.

I personally don't mind the subjectivity as I expect it because the Habs are the only thing that make RDS relivant in anyway

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
If RDS is crap, what is TSN, ******** ? Medias are not perfect, we all know it, but how is TSN better than RDS ?

Come on...RDS are notorious for jumping the gun and posting rumors as fact. TSN is 100 times more professional when it comes to making sure the rumor is true and the source reliable before they go with a story.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
For one thing, they're much more professional as a whole. I don't really care for one much over the other, though. If I'm looking for news, TSN. If I'm watching the habs game, RDS.

Same here. I browse from one site to the other. They're not perfect. But what I like about RDS is that they have a lot more news and coverage about the Habs, that they are personal and that they care. I mean, just look at nhl.com, on their season analysis, their guy says François Bouillon, how can it be more unprofesional than RDS ? Check the link : http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=53&id=193152&lang=en&navid=nhl:topheads

Crap the link on NHL.com stays the same, it was about sleepers, and they mention Montréal, but just go down the page and watch the Canadiens Analysis...

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Come on...RDS are notorious for jumping the gun and posting rumors as fact. TSN is 100 times more professional when it comes to making sure the rumor is true and the source reliable before they go with a story.

TSN is also cold and way too Toronto friendly...

I agree with you guys that some guys on RDS are very annoying. What I'm saying is that they put up a better show.

Out East

Jan 11, 2013
Halifax NS
Misleading titles to provoke a false hope, or wild reaction is becoming common in the media. The lead story on TSN when we were waiting for news from the owners vote on the new CBA was "Bettman: I'm Sorry" My first reaction when I saw it was "here we go, the owners voted no..." Le Journal de Montreal ran an article "Markov reste en Russie" making it sound like he wasn't coming back at all, when the truth was he was only finishing out the road trip his russian team was on.

Shock and awe baby. That's the media in a nutshell. Just watch the weather channel. You'd swear the world was ending one city at a time the way they hype the weather.

Getting PO'ed at RDS and going elsewhere won't solve anything but I share your frustration.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

I agree with you guys that some guys on RDS are very annoying. What I'm saying is that they put up a better show.

Well, not for me. I'd rather deal with TSN's Toronto-centric coldness than RDS' lack of professionalism. RDS as journalism jumped the shark for me on the "Darkest Day in Habs History". They have no interest in informing, only in ratings and website hits.

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Francois "I want montreal to draft Galchenyuk but admitted I've never seen him play" Gagnon also needs to go. In other news I just created the longest middle name in the history of middle names. I'm doing everything right today let me pat myself on the back.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Well, not for me. I'd rather deal with TSN's Toronto-centric coldness than RDS' lack of professionalism. RDS as journalism jumped the shark for me on the "Darkest Day in Habs History". They have no interest in informing, only in ratings and website hits.

True. But they also have 10 times more clips about the Habs. I understand and agree with what you mean. But it's easy to know when they're being sensationalists, like they are now. Regardless, there is a lot of passionnate debates, ex Canadiens players and coaches, everybody fencing for their opinions, etc. RDS is way more dedicated to the Habs. Hence I like them better, even if I don't take everything they say to the dot.

Francois "I want montreal to draft Galchenyuk but admitted I've never seen him play" Gagnon also needs to go. In other news I just created the longest middle name in the history of middle names. I'm doing everything right today let me pat myself on the back.

I hate François Gagnon too. Vinny Damphousse laughs at him with his eyes everytime they meet on l'Antichambre.

tsn.ca/Montreal should solve your issues.

RDS still has way more information and debates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9om4MGINeM

this says it all about Gaston Therrien, whenever this idiot talks I lose 35.2 IQ points (yes the .2 was necessary)

Ahhhh Gaston. Made me giggle, a couple of days ago.

One name why TSN is better than RDS Bob Mckenzie, otherwise it's a bunch of clowns both ways, Pang, Dregger, Lavoie, Therrien, Bergeron, Mcguire just a bunch of clowns.

Only Hockey person that i trust fully are Pierre Lebrun and Mckenzie.

Pierre Lebrun works for RDS too, as a hockey insider. I love Mckenzie too. He's TSN's best. But how come doesn't TSN have good ex hockey players like RDS does ? They should have Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins legends working for them; they should hire all the pretty good Canadians ex NHL players they can... they should have more clips, more segments online.

Last edited:

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
One name why TSN is better than RDS Bob Mckenzie, otherwise it's a bunch of clowns both ways, Pang, Dregger, Lavoie, Therrien, Bergeron, Mcguire just a bunch of clowns.

Only Hockey person that i trust fully are Pierre Lebrun and Mckenzie.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
tsn.ca/Montreal should solve your issues.

agreed that TSN has more ''neutral'' cover of whatever is happening... but the need for homerism is used by RDS ... they know their viewers are harcore fans/or bandwagon fans until the nords come back.

Like overlords said... depends what you are looking for ... and covering the league, I'd rather watch TSN for mac's insiders and respectful point of views ... but their coverage of the habs is disgusting ... and the crap guys said on AM 730 was never as bad as what was said on 990 . In the french media you have a lot of ''what if'', and ''I keep thinking this/that'' ... ''in my opinion'' (and thats really boring to go through...cant stand it) but on the other hand how many times Ive i heard tony marinaro state his opinion as THE truth ? Much more annoying to me. just a question of taste. I wouldn't argue on which bowl of **** is better ... but there is a difference in the smell ...

jacklours

Mar 5, 2003
Magog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9om4MGINeM

this says it all about Gaston Therrien, whenever this idiot talks I lose 35.2 IQ points (yes the .2 was necessary)

WOW I can't believe there are people letting these guys on TV. I rarely watch RDS ever now because of that, but what he said is terrible.

He says (for those interested) : Galchenyuk didn't look great at the U20 because he didn't get much chance to play because Grigorenko was on the first PP wave. Is that right Gaston??

Last edited:

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
It's worse when you access rds with your smartphone. If I knew Gaston Therrien wrote this crap I wouldnt have clicked on it. But that's typical RDS crap, they always put their useless 'experts' crap on the front page.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->