I really hate RDS.ca

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
There's about 3 persons on RDS that I have some respect in the Hockey Department: Pierre Houde, Marc Denis and Renaud Lavoie as an insider. The rest are a bunch of idiots, especially Gaston Therrien. God is he ****ing clueless :laugh: How he landed that job is beyond me.

So you have no respect for Stéphane Leroux, Vincent Damphousse, Guy Carbonneau, Patrick Lalime, Denis Gauthier, Félix Séguin, Norman Flynn, etc.??? David Arsenault, Alain Crête and Stéphane Langdeau are also doing pretty good job in their respective roles. Luc Gélinas isn't bad either, but he gets laughed at because of his bad English, which is a bit juvenile.

Every channel has their more "colorful" guys. And RDS is no exception, so I don't mind Bergeron or Stock or Le Baron, as long as they don't take all the place.

But I agree with everybody here that I can't stand Gaston Therrien and I don't understand the importance RDS gives to such a poor analyst.

Jerk Store*

I don't think RDS being Habs centric is a good thing. It has it's uses, but regional media is notoriously less professional than national media. Both pander to the ignorant masses and care more about popularity than journalist ethics, but RDS is geared especially toward groupthink. The language issue let's the, get away more too, because they know most of their audience would prefer French sources and therefore have less alternatives.

Don't get me wrong, TSN is awful too and panders to Toronto, and ESPN to big American markets, but there audience isn't nearly as homogenous as RDS'. And not being filled with Habs fans isn't a bad thing, if I want t hear the opinions of people whose opinion is warped by watching far more Habs than other teams, I'll come here. Sometimes it's nice to remember there are 29 other teams out there.

Well said. I feel RDS is responsible for the ignorance (lack of general hockey knowledge) of the average Habs fans.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
So you have no respect for Stéphane Leroux, Vincent Damphousse, Guy Carbonneau, Patrick Lalime, Denis Gauthier, Félix Séguin, Norman Flynn, etc.??? David Arsenault, Alain Crête and Stéphane Langdeau are also doing pretty good job in their respective roles. Luc Gélinas isn't bad either, but he gets laughed at because of his bad English, which is a bit juvenile.

Every channel has their more "colorful" guys. And RDS is no exception, so I don't mind Bergeron or Stock or Le Baron, as long as they don't take all the place.

But I agree with everybody here that I can't stand Gaston Therrien and I don't understand the importance RDS gives to such a poor analyst.

Of the guys you listed, I would not put Stephane Langdeau on the good side of the ledger. The rest have credibility, although Seguin, Arsenault and Crete have the least.

Flynn needs to be consistent between his English opinions and those in french. He plays to the audience too hard.

The problem with all these guys is that they do not drive the bus, they are passengers.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Funny thing is when Denis Gauthier talks about dirty hits when he was a dirty ****er back in his nhl days.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

I didn't thought about them when I wrote my post. Leroux has my full respect. Vinny and Carbo too but Carbo says stupid stuff sometimes. He gets influenced by Bergeron et Cie. Lalime is decent, Gauthier... no comment. Normand Flynn is pretty ****ing clueless. There's days he's almost Gaston Therrien-bad. Seguin, Crête and Arsenault do their jobs well. Langdeau, though, is a **** sucker of epic proportions. I can't stand him. Same for Le Baron.

And I understand people making fun of Gelinas. I wouldn't care if he had a thick Québécois accent. The problem is when he translates stuff, it's more often than not tout croche.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Almost worked there. Did I dodge a bullet ?

They have the worst marketing on this side of the earth. Their website is ****, the guy who takes care of scores during games has no clue how to do it, their website is down half the time, they hire people who talk out of their ***** and I could go on forever.

As a graphic designer, I would never work there, ever. Plus, if job sites are any indication it looks like their graphic team is a revolving door.

Honesty, "Le Réseau des BS" needs a quality competitor, they've had monopoly for way too long. The result is a ****** network...

But the one guy I can't stand is Norman Flynn, nevermind PJ Stock and Gaston Therrien... The guy was saying that Plekanec needs to have more than one dimension (scoring) that he needs to take care of other aspects of his game. That he needs to make sure to put up the points otherwise M. Therrien is gonna be on him...

Wait what? The most defensively responsible forward on the team is unidimensional? Reeeeeally?

I hate the entire network with a passion.

That felt good... aaaaaahhhh.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

The sad thing is that most of the french shows on TV covering the Habs are just bad.
I also feel that a lot of some people hold back, mainly guys like Carbo or Damphousse that clearly have the best hockey knowledge. They hear some of their colleagues say some really dumb crap, and you see them stay politically correct whenever they disagree, they'll say a few words and then move on. Sometimes they just mumble and shake their heads, not really showing whether they disagreed or not.
It's not just on RDS, I made the mistake of watching Le Match yesterday (or just tuning in) and they were actually debating and whining about how the new Habs slogan ''No Excuses'' was writting in English only. I mean, my head nearly exploded because of how hard I smacked my forehead. At this point, I can't believe these guys actually say this stuff because of their beliefs. You can't be that dumb and stuck up. They have to be doing this only to stir controversy up.

All in all, it's really too bad. But most sports station, even on the radio, would be to change the majority of their staff. It's so bad.

feds91

May 17, 2004
During 2 or 3 year's ago NHL trade deadline, I remember that RDS posted a really big trade on their website. I kept going to TSN.ca and Sportsnet.ca to look for that trade, but it never actually materialized.

At last year's draft when they had Teuvo Teräväinen as the Habs 3rd overall pick, I was really nervous! I started actually getting pissed that Habs wouldn't draft Galchenyuk or Forsberg. What a friggen epic fail by RDS.

Also, when I won a contest a few year's back, RDS was suppose to send me hockey sticks, a jacket and gloves. After like a zillion phone calls and probably about a year later, I finally would get my prize.

They just lack professionalism in my opinion. It's like that time when Eklund appeared on Sportsnet during the trade deadline day. :shakehead

21gionta21

Jan 12, 2009
montreal
I'm also guilty of watching "le match" yesterday for a few minutes......and then was just at a loss of words when the " experts " lol we're talking about how the Habs new slogan was only in English and you had that moron rejean tremblay pulling a fit and another guy saying he called the bell center to get to the bottom of this " problem " ......I was speechless for like 20 minutes..... After all these months of no hockey and the Habs haven't even played a game yet these guys are talking about this ??? Really ....how is this even tolerated .....it's a joke....A big joke it's so pathetic.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
And now you have Michel Therrien talking with these idiots on lantichambre tonight...it makes the team look like a amateur club.

Last edited:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
"François Bouillon" on TSN's Game On : Canadiens Outlook... talk about professionalism...

That mistake has been happening for years.

Which is odd because it's not like Francis is a rare name or something.

BTW, speaking of RDS.ca, can anyone else since yesterday not view any of their videos on their Ipad?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad