I May Be In The Minority . . . But I Believe That Kaapo Kakko Could Be Selected 1st Overall in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
This is actually so weird. DO people really prefer their highlight reels with music instead of the casting and ice sounds? Does anyone?
I don't think so.

But maybe the video maker wants to use it as an opportunity to show everyone what kind of music they like. But yeah, if I make highlight videos they're always with on-ice sounds.

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
I agree. Anyone who says Kakko doesn't have good enough straight line speed/acceleration clearly hasn't watched him enough this season.

Yeah, he still isn't elite fast but for a 6'2 guy his acceleration is very impressive.

Well, I go to every TPS home game, so I'd say I've watched him plenty enough. Maybe I'm just blind. :)

The way I see it, he is a bit below average in terms of speed. Of course, he can, and likely will, become a very productive forward in the vein of Rantanen. However, that's increasingly difficult in a league that favours speed over strength more and more. Having said that, I'm sure he'll develop that aspect of his game as well. We'll see how much..

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
This is actually so weird. DO people really prefer their highlight reels with music instead of the casting and ice sounds? Does anyone?
I don't think so.

But maybe the video maker wants to use it as an opportunity to show everyone what kind of music they like. But yeah, if I make highlight videos they're always with on-ice sounds.
My presentations include an audio component for a number of reasons, but one of them is to establish tone for a certain set of clips. It helps to provide cohesion within the video as well, allowing the reel to transition from one clip to the next with a sense of rhythm and purpose. I also look for musical cues to match with particular moments. I take inspiration from many 80s and 90s sports montages, as well as film. My choices are deliberate -- they're part of the story I want to tell. I enjoy cutting musical montages.

It's also a watermark.

Last edited:

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

100% if it’s a highlight reel where I want to be entertained.

I like the shift by shift videos or deep dive scouting videos with no music though.

Reactions: Nyx

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Hughes is comparable to Teravainen and Kakko is comparable to Forsberg. Was Matthews comparable to Stastny and Laine to a better Ovechkin?
Can you read my post again or do you want to misunderstand my post without putting any good arguments on the table? Can’t you see me comparing style of plays stating Jack Hughes having franchise ceiling compared to very good/borderline ceiling of Teravainen? I’m breaking his play to small nuances talking about movement patterns, physical growth and many other things all you do is say is nothing that adds anything constructive to the conversation. Can’t you squeeze more juice from your brains? I’m not saying everyone should agree with things i’ve posted it is ok to have different toughts but you bring nothing to the convo.

You’re stating Hughes having similar game to Kane... Only thing that they have in common they are short flashy players from United States. I believe it is really really lazy comparison to make and i have posted my reasons for that in Jack Hughes thread. That is pretty weak for a guy who calls himself a big hockey fan. You’re the guy who stated Svechnikov being higher tier goal scorer compared to Kakko who broke Liiga record for goal scoring and scored last half the season in pace of 38 goals which would be what Barkov and Laine had combined at their draft year. You didn’t say even slightly better but higher tier scorer... Do you even watch these players play?

I’m not here to mock Svechnikov i think he is really talented young player but i don’t think his goal scoring is even close to be next tier compared to Kakko.

Last edited:

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
I still feel it's close enough that I'd want NJ to take Hughes because he's a center, but man, I would not shed a tear if we ended up with Kaako...

TZdevils

Apr 10, 2019
Hughes is comparable to Teravainen and Kakko is comparable to Forsberg. Was Matthews comparable to Stastny and Laine to a better Ovechkin?
Hughes comparable to Teravainen????
That might be the most rediculous thing I have ever read on this board. There's no comparisons at all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad