I kinda like kerfoot.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He brings needed SPEED to our lineup .. and of course da goal of all goals so far .. a beauty to me .. and da boys really like him which matters a lot .. at 1.5-2M AAV then he is a keeper BUT 3.5M or more sorry no thanks

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He's definitely a player that some folks let a couple particularly bad plays he'd been involved with (and Yes they definitely were bad) define him as a player. Which obscures the fact that like 90% of the time he's a fine player in the top 9

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I like him a lot more on this team then I did two months ago on that team.

He fits much better. He is also snake bitten and is due.

Plus my son has become a very big fan of his since he turned his luck around.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Kerfoot does almost everything right and has great speed but usually can't finish plays. Happy for him he's had a few go his way lately. The other problem is he's prone to dumbass penalties at inopportune moments. Haven't seen one of those from him in awhile either.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Happy for Kerfoot...

...kind of feels like the new Aki Berg in a way.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Totally happy for the guy. He's always putting in a hard shift. He's just had the misfortune of being the DOLT on a few occasions

Reactions: aingefan

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I’m glad he scored for us to win.

Having said that, I won’t miss him in the least when he signs somewhere else.

Tries hard, shows up, stays healthy but makes too much, doesn’t fit in our top 6, and we have cheaper, better options for our 3rd line.

He just doesn’t fit and is too vanilla. Waiting for him to do something impactful every 10 games or so? Not for me.

Having said that, cheering for him to get some more while he’s still here.

Reactions: aingefan

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
craiyon_211442_Alexander_Kerfoot_donning_a_Toronto_Maple_Leafs_jersey.png

I have nothing to add but this is an AI generated image of Kerfoot

• Wow
Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs need the depth guys to score huge goals. Kudos to Kerfoot, i didnt realize how well liked he was in that room. At the post game press conference, he showed how humble he is as the media tried to get him to gloat about the goal.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I have a Love/Hate for Kerf. He does so many things right on the defensive side of the game. If you watch him without the puck in our zone his head is constantly on a swivel and he's always scanning to make a play on the puck. I also like his tenacity for a smaller guy. A play that may have gone unnoticed last game prior to his OT goal was a 50/50 puck in OT where Kerf was covering the point for a pinching Jake McCabe. The puck squirt down ice, and a speedy Ross Colton and Kerf were in a race to the puck. Kerf is on the outside, and if he loses that battle, Colton goes in all alone on a break. Kerf angled the bigger Colton away from the puck, and eventually won the battle. What was even better about that play is that Kerf positioned his body in a way that if he lost that 50/50 battle, it would run enough of a subtle interference on Colton to delay him just enough for the trailing TJ Brodie to get back into the play. Kerf ended up out muscling the bigger Colton and pushed the puck into the corner for Brodie to collect.

It was just an incredibly smart read by Kerf and even better execution. Not exactly a routine play for a Forward. I can't count how many times I've seen our own defense lose that battle.

Where Kerf tends to lose me is his offense. He is typically a black hole. And shockingly for no apparent reason. He's got a good shot, he's got good speed, and he's got good enough IQ to get into the areas to receive grade-A looks. He just seems to fumble f*** every opportunity. What is worse, is it clearly got to his head this season as well. He would try and make passes that he cannot make instead of shooting as he had no confidence to put the puck in the net. So he began squandering even more opportunities. Kerf doesn't need to change anything away from the puck. He just needs to change his belief in between his ears offensively. Be a shoot first guy. He's not Mitch. Put the puck on net whenever you get the look.

Reactions: 4thline

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Kerfoot’s dad is literally a billionaire, dude should just take a league min contract with us, he’s already set to inherit so much more money than his NHL career will provide 😂
Yes so true .. Greg got multiple billions from SAP after years of taking out $100M plus per out of his business .. heard he flew in on his Gulfstream for Tampa games .. Kerfoot does not play for $$$ or contracts .. he plays for love of game .. luv to meet da dude but told he stays to himself

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Yes so true .. Greg got multiple billions from SAP after years of taking out $100M plus per out of his business .. heard he flew in on his Gulfstream for Tampa games .. Kerfoot does not play for $$$ or contracts .. he plays for love of game .. luv to meet da dude but told he stays to himself
My guess is Kerf will do exactly that. He will sign a team friendly deal. Kerf and Mo both grew up in the most affluent area of the GVRD. Both of them played minor hockey at Hollyburn which is basically a country club.

Both Mo and Kerf come from money, Kerf to a much greater degree of course. But you can tell money is not the driving factor in where they decide to play. Mo definitely left money on the table last season because he wanted to be a career Maple Leaf. Being fairly compensated was important, but not to the point of hurting the team. Being a Leaf was always the biggest priority. I suspect Kerf will be of the same mindset given the money has already been sorted out for him in the long run.

He's an incredibly useful player. I think he just gets a bit more heat because of his AAV, which is understandable. If that number comes down to a Jarnkrok level or even less, he is worth every penny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad