I kinda like kerfoot.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Right now I like what he offers on the third line more than what Kadri offered. People forget that yeah Kadri could be feisty, but he offered none of that last year.

As for Kerfoot, he’s the most penalized Leaf with 8 minors in 16 games and that has to change. In the entire league only 5 players had more minors. The opponents have scored 3 goals the last 3 penalties he’s had and 4 overall. During the game time thread I asked if he was “stupid” for taking so many penalties, his response yesterday was “just stupid penalties” lol. I’m sure he’ll get better though. I like him.

Agreed. Kadri was an absolute fiesty beast, but he showed zero of that last year in the regular season. Last year was brutal for him, and invisible most of the nights. Was very disappointing to see as a big Kadri fan/supporter.

That being said, I was watching Kadri's biggest hits/fights on youtube and he was a beast.

Reactions: BillNylander

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
He's just been okay.

Thankfully, Naz has also been just okay. Altogether, if they've played similar well, at least Kerfoot is 4 years younger & $1m/year cheaper.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
i think kerfoot ended being the steal of that deal..... if all we got was barrie everyone would be scream for the GM's head. look he has problems but like kappy hes looks like a wonder on the 3rd line we has problems going up the lineup.

as for the kadri comparison: look OBVIOUSLY kadri is better overall player using the eye test but the stats paint a different story
kadri 5 goals, 4 assists , 26 pim, 35 shots, 56% facoff, 51% CF, 0 +/-, 17:30min avg, 1blocks, 17 hits, 4 TA, 4GA
kerfoot, 5 goals, 3 assists, 16 pim, 24 shots, 48% faceoff, 56% CF, 5 +\- , 14min avg, 6blocks, 14 hits, 3 TA, 4 GV

so basically kadri has 1 extra point playing 3 minutes more a game and top powerplay time with some of the best players in the league. also has 10 min PIM and a whole 3 extra hits considering hes "tougher" a 0 +\-. color me unimpressed by kadri's stats.

kerfoot overall needs to be better defensive for sure but offensivly we cant complain. Mick, kerf and kappy might be the best 3rd line in the league.

as for the morons saying avs traded him because he had a crappy playoffs, really thats your argument ? do i need to list the hundreds of players who had bad playoffs over the years ? including kadri who has a terrible 3 goals in 19 playoff games.

Last edited:

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
i think kerfoot ended being the steal of that deal..... if all we got was barrie everyone would be scream for the GM's head. look he has problems but like kappy hes looks like a wonder on the 3rd line we has problems going up the lineup.

as for the kadri comparison: look OBVIOUSLY kadri is better overall player using the eye test but the stats paint a different story
kadri 5 goals, 4 assists , 26 pim, 35 shots, 56% facoff, 51% CF, 0 +/-, 17:30min avg, 1blocks, 17 hits, 4 TA, 4GA
kerfoot, 5 goals, 3 assists, 16 pim, 24 shots, 48% faceoff, 56% CF, 5 +\- , 14min avg, 6blocks, 14 hits, 3 TA, 4 GV

so basically kadri has 1 extra point playing 3 minutes more a game and top powerplay time with some of the best players in the league. also has 10 min PIM and a whole 3 extra hits considering hes "tougher" a 0 +\-. color me unimpressed by kadri's stats.

kerfoot overall needs to be better defensive for sure but offensivly we cant complain. Mick, kerf and kappy might be the best 3rd line in the league.

- Kadri actually has 26 hits, compared to Kerfoot's 18.
- Kadri has 2 fights already this season, which is why he has 10 extra PIM.
- That extra 10% in face-offs wins is pretty nice to have for our 3C (Kadri's 57% compared to Kerfoot's 47%)

We won the trade, but IMO we can't act like Kadri isn't the exact player we need. He's exactly the type of player everyone here is whining for. Colorado is going to use him as a winger beside MacKinnon too, something we never experimented here in Toronto.

Reactions: mclaren55

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
He is terrible and should look to be moved. Too many penalties, undersized, low IQ, does not understand situational hockey.

I have no axe to grind against Kerfoot. I watched every game of the SJ Colorado series last year and my takeaway was that Kerfoot was the worst player on either team. I could not believe what a scrub this guy was. Sure enough Dubas was waiting with open arms to take Sakics’ trash. Even worse, Dubas doubled down on his mistake by extending him.

He is a massive downgrade from Kadri and is just another player who is not hard to play against. He is the 2nd coming of David Desharnais, except with an even lower hockey IQ. Brian Boyle could’ve been signed for nothing and beings much more to the table, than this scrub.
Right on cue!

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
- Kadri actually has 26 hits, compared to Kerfoot's 18.
- Kadri has 2 fights already this season, which is why he has 10 extra PIM.
- That extra 10% in face-offs wins is pretty nice to have for our 3C (Kadri's 57% compared to Kerfoot's 47%)

We won the trade, but IMO we can't act like Kadri isn't the exact player we need. He's exactly the type of player everyone here is whining for. Colorado is going to use him as a winger beside MacKinnon too, something we never experimented here in Toronto.

- hockeyreference says your wrong.
- sure "fights"
- sure 56% but its an anomaly. hes a career 48% and only has 1 complely year of over 50%.

again id rather have kadri because hes better Overall but its so close and considering the cap hit its almost a wash.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Speaking of lack of discipline, Naz has 26 penalty minutes (10 more than Kerfoot) in one less game.

Outside of Kadri's occasional edgy game, which has been becoming much less common over the past few years, I'm liking Kerfoot much more.

I love Kadri -but theres no denying he has poor decision making AND is a marked man by the refs.

Not a great combination for certain situations (like a tense playiff series.

If the aavs make the playoffs i wont blink ifnhes suspended in the first round again

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Kerfoots low IQ was on display once again. Taking that penalty, at that time of game is inexcusable. Doesn’t understand the situation. Also was a total non factor.. because Vegas is a real team. Soft, weak board play.. the Leafs need a bigger #3 center. Kerfoot is too undersized to play a mans game.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
If you actually look at their numbers Kerfoot has been getting less OZone starts yet has much better possession stats, has about the same amount of hits, points, goals and PP points in spite of the fact Kadri plays PP1 with MacKinnon and Makar. Kadri pretty much is better on the dot and in taking more penalties, which apparently is a concern of yours anyway.

It's also worth noting Kadri has an even rating and been on ice for more goals against than Kerfoot who's a +5 even though Colorado has been a much better team to start.

This may help explain why there is 37 likes on a post basically calling you an uninformed moron, with 0 legit liking what you had to say.
I wouldn't worry about that poster. Obviously not who he pretends to be, and pretty clearly either someone with absolutely no hockey knowledge, or just a troll who posts something totally ridiculous and runs away and hides.

Ignore is the best option.

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Kerfoots low IQ was on display once again. Taking that penalty, at that time of game is inexcusable. Doesn’t understand the situation. Also was a total non factor.. because Vegas is a real team. Soft, weak board play.. the Leafs need a bigger #3 center. Kerfoot is too undersized to play a mans game.
a bench minor?

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
- hockeyreference says your wrong.
- sure "fights"
- sure 56% but its an anomaly. hes a career 48% and only has 1 complely year of over 50%.

again id rather have kadri because hes better Overall but its so close and considering the cap hit its almost a wash.

- NHL.com says you're wrong :laugh:
- You weren't angry when Matthews got a headshot, or when Andersen got run over? I'm the biggest advocate for skill > physicality, but even I know you need a skilled physical player in your lineup (right now it's Muzzin for us but ideally would like a forward as well). 99% of Leaf fans on here complain about wanting a Wilson in the lineup to protect their stars and play a skilled game. That was Kadri.
- 57% this year, 55% last year, and 50% the year before. Recent years says he's improved greatly.

I wouldn't call it a wash at all. Kadri for Kerfoot, right no, is not remotely close. Kerfoot's going to continue to get better and better as he's only 24 years old, so they could be equivalent in the future. But as of now, they're not close.

That being said, I can imagine Kerfoot becoming Tyler Johnson for us. That'd be fantastic.

Reactions: Boutette

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
- NHL.com says you're wrong :laugh:
- You weren't angry when Matthews got a headshot, or when Andersen got run over? I'm the biggest advocate for skill > physicality, but even I know you need a skilled physical player in your lineup (right now it's Muzzin for us but ideally would like a forward as well). 99% of Leaf fans on here complain about wanting a Wilson in the lineup to protect their stars and play a skilled game. That was Kadri.
- 57% this year, 55% last year, and 50% the year before. Recent years says he's improved greatly.

I wouldn't call it a wash at all. Kadri for Kerfoot, right no, is not remotely close. Kerfoot's going to continue to get better and better as he's only 24 years old, so they could be equivalent in the future. But as of now, they're not close.

That being said, I can imagine Kerfoot becoming Tyler Johnson for us. That'd be fantastic.
Kadri wasn't even close to a deterrent. DeBrusk actually made a dirty hit on Marleau to goad Kadri into taking a penalty/suspension on him

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Doing a nice job, will be even better when Hyman is back and he gets an upgrade on his wing.

Would be interested to see him used as a top 6 winger if we are trailing late in the game

I would think that Hyman plays with Tavares and Marner to continue the chemistry from last season.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

You are spectacularly consistent, are you this sunny in real life? I'm loving your upbeat attitude

Those Vegas guys play big boy hockey alright, sure we beat them and it was a very even game but they really showed us how men play the game

I mean next time they may even win

Reactions: Boutette

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
You are spectacularly consistent, are you this sunny in real life? I'm loving your upbeat attitude

Those Vegas guys play big boy hockey alright, sure we beat them and it was a very even game but they really showed us how men play the game

I mean next time they may even win

#realteam

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011

Bahaha yes hes one of the smartest NHL players but he has low IQ because of an accidental penalty. Not man enough for ya either eh.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Bahaha yes hes one of the smartest NHL players but he has low IQ because of an accidental penalty. Not man enough for ya either eh.

I don’t care about his “IQ”. I am talking hockey IQ. He does nothing well. Literally nothing. The deeper the season goes the more Kerfoot will get exposed. Dubas would’ve been the ONLY GM in the league to trade anything of value for Kerfoot.

Watching Kerfoot play is like watching a small dog trying to chase a car. He’s not built for playoff hockey or to play in the “trenches” as a center. The stiffer the competition the worse he will fade. You got a preview last night. Definition of a liability. When playoffs roll around and the matchup game intensifies, it becomes very easy for teams to have a major mismatch against Kerfoot. Dubas, who knows nothing about hockey or coaching wouldn’t understand this. Having Kadri, who can slot in anywhere in the lineup makes Babcocks life so much easier.

“The tape doesn’t lie”

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad