Rumor: I Heard A Rumor...: Rumor Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Just like this dirt bag?

1vGLcUa.jpg
Kids who sow their oats usually are given more of a chance than Seguin was given in Boston. I know they were pissed that he was seen out during the playoffs and was a non factor that year. Patrick Kane had similar issues, but you don't give up on guys that young and talented when teammates can usually bring them around to act more professional.

Evander Kane IMO is a narcissistic malcontent who puts his own selfish needs ahead of the team. He is surly with the media, has had arguments with the coach, and speculated by some that he has skipped out on restaurant and grocery bills + was recently benched in Vancouver for some undisclosed reasons. I doubt any of this endears him to his teammates and his behavior is a distraction especially this year when the Jets have a solid chance at the playoffs.

I stand by my statement that he is a walking bag of dirt.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Here we go again..

The Jets and Evander Kane appear to be at a crossroads. It sounds like the bidding may be at hand...hearing Florida (e3), Toronto (e4), Montreal (e2) and Buffalo (e3) have interest.

More to come...

Could Tallon bag EKane without trading a member of the core or the 2015 first. I feel like a deal could be worked according to the current needs of the Jets because they're all in for sure this season.

Maybe the addition of a Brian Campbell to their defense would spark their interest.

I don't even really like EKane, but I think he's worth the gamble. He's 23, he shoots to score, he's a big body, he's scored 17, 19, 19 and 30. At least try. Could be the "needed a change of scenery" thing.

JeKigva.png
Campbell for Kane? Yes please.
Add something like a second, retain salary on Campbell, do it.

But no to any 1st round picks, and Howden/Grimaldi/Trocheck/Petro, they are all question marks at this point, but considering his overall production, so is Kane (one 30 goal season, and pretty average outside of that). Plus, (and this is a big plus), the character issues drag his value down overall, not to mention how important character is to Tallon.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Sounds like a number of other athletes from all sports who, you hope, eventually grow from it..Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

He isn't the first athlete to be like this.

Not defending him, just playing devils advocate.

But to be frank, I'll take a guy that acts immature over a guy who hits his wife/fiance/gf, which was an issue that was rampant across all sports in 2014.

And being surly with the media? Yea, they deserve it SOMETIMES, but again maturity issues for sure.

At least he isnt pulling a Josh Gordon here........

just sayin.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Sounds like a number of other athletes from all sports who, you hope, eventually grow from it..Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

But to be frank, I'll take a guy that acts immature over a guy who hits his wife/fiance/gf, which was an issue that was rampant across all sports in 2014.

And being surly with the media? Yea, they deserve it SOMETIMES, but again maturity issues for sure.

just sayin.
Yes, he has been immature for quite a while. Last season he was scratched by Maurice also. When the media asked Maurice why, "he said it would be nice if he showed up at the rink," It was reported he was seen at the Raptors game the night before drinking a beer, so it could be speculated that he had one too many to make the morning skate. The recent Vancouver scratch led to similar speculation although Maurice has just commented that it was a coaches decision. Also, he is involved in a civil suit where a man is claiming injuries from a fight with Kane. Kane is claiming self defense. It was rumored that he also brought his then fiance on a road trip that some teammates were not too happy about.

The guy is a polarizing figure and I would cringe to think Tallon would even consider bringing him here.

Last edited:

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

just sayin.

That's all well and good and I understand that other athletes have been/will be like this, but I don't believe the locker room culture of the Panthers is established enough to take a risk on a player like this yet. Teams like Chicago, LA, Boston, Detroit, established teams like those have been winning for a long time are able to take risks on players like Kane because the leadership and attitude of the team are so solid that the professional attitude rubs off on the new guy rather than the selfish attitude disrupts everyone else. The Panthers brought in a lot of leadership and character this offseason and it's been beneficial, but I don't believe that it's been long enough where the locker room culture is that of a perennial contender. That takes time and experience. Maybe in two or three years the team will be able to take a risk like this, but I don't see it at this time.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
That's all well and good and I understand that other athletes have been/will be like this, but I don't believe the locker room culture of the Panthers is established enough to take a risk on a player like this yet. Teams like Chicago, LA, Boston, Detroit, established teams like those have been winning for a long time are able to take risks on players like Kane because the leadership and attitude of the team are so solid that the professional attitude rubs off on the new guy rather than the selfish attitude disrupts everyone else. The Panthers brought in a lot of leadership and character this offseason and it's been beneficial, but I don't believe that it's been long enough where the locker room culture is that of a perennial contender. That takes time and experience. Maybe in two or three years the team will be able to take a risk like this, but I don't see it at this time.

And I'll say to this, playing it safe has gotten the Panthers What exactly? we all know the track record. Why not take a risk for once?

LA didn't become goliaths till recently. Boston and Chicago had some down seasons but have history to support them.

Detroit is like the Spurs of Hockey. they just get the job done and are the exception to the rule to me.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
And I'll say to this, playing it safe has gotten the Panthers What exactly? we all know the track record. Why not take a risk for once?

LA didn't become goliaths till recently. Boston and Chicago had some down seasons but have history to support them.

Detroit is like the Spurs of Hockey. they just get the job done and are the exception to the rule to me.
Here is an article from 2012 that doesn't document his recent problems but hi-lites some from his first few years in the league. The writer is obviously very generous in sharing both sides of the coin thus reflecting the upside of dealing with a player he feels is a rare talent. Based on what has happened since this article, it is obvious that Mr. Kane is going to continue to do what he wants and when he wants regardless of the rules. I'm sure the Jets are asking for a huge price for this guy, and there may be someone willing to pay at some point.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...peg-seems-to-have-a-problem-with-evander-kane

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Here is an article from 2012 that doesn't document his recent problems but hi-lites some from his first few years in the league. The writer is obviously very generous in sharing both sides of the coin thus reflecting the upside of dealing with a player he feels is a rare talent. Based on what has happened since this article, it is obvious that Mr. Kane is going to continue to do what he wants and when he wants regardless of the rules. I'm sure the Jets are asking for a huge price for this guy, and there may be someone willing to pay at some point.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...peg-seems-to-have-a-problem-with-evander-kane

He seems to have got worse since this article was written. Well, hasn't met expectations at least.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Kanes still a kid, just like Seguin was. And if Kane starts doing his own ****, Guddy and Petro will teach him a couple lessons ;)

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Evander Kane is in no way comparable to Tyler Seguin or Patrick Kane. If he was no one would give a rats *** about his character. He just isn't a superstar, he isn't consistent, and is a royal ******. No thanks. Did you guys forget how great it would be if Nathan Horton played like a beast every night. Yeah he never showed up half the time and people got pretty frustrated.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Kanes still a kid, just like Seguin was. And if Kane starts doing his own ****, Guddy and Petro will teach him a couple lessons ;)

Well Kane is just as strong as Guddy. As for Petro, he better not get in Kane's face anytime soon.

Also, Kane is not a kid anymore.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
It has come out that Kane was scratched in Vancouver for a dress code violation. Apparently he showed up for a team meeting in sweats when he was required to wear a jacket and tie.

No big deal right? Just a continuation of him doing what he wants rather than following team rules. People say he does these things because he wants out of the Jets organization. I say he has character flaws and no matter where he goes he would continue his antics. His history has shown from the beginning that he doesn't care what people think, he is just going to do what he pleases.

He also has been playing hurt most of the year and actually doing very well. He apparently needs some kind of surgery and one writer suggested that the team would like him to have it done after the season. The writer also suggested that Kane could request the surgery now, thus showing the team he doesn't care about the rest of the season. My bet is he will continue to play injured, as he has never been accused of being soft.

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It has come out that Kane was scratched in Vancouver for a dress code violation. Apparently he showed up for a team meeting in sweats when he was required to wear a jacket and tie.

No big deal right? Just a continuation of him doing what he wants rather than following team rules.

He is so not becoming a Panther.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
These people about E.Kane. Really??

Google : Philly Flyers. With Carter, Richards, Lupul and our very own Upshall. I've heard personal stories about a player or two in that room as well.

Then get back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad