Rumor: I Heard A Rumor...: Rumor Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I'd take Weiss back, never should've left.

I'd take Jurco as well, though it would cost us a bit too much I fear.

If it needs to be said, I'm not down for giving first round for anyone not named Sid or OV.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

If it needs to be said, I'm not down for giving first round for anyone not named Sid or OV.

I don't want any part of Weiss. A ~$5 million cap hit over the next four years doesn't do much for this team, and there's already a lot of capable centers in the organization.

I just want the team to unload Fleischmann and Kopecky (and Bolland...I can dream, right? :help:) so the kids can show what they can do. I'm not giving up on the season yet, and I firmly believe that guys like Howden, Grimaldi, Shore, Trocheck, etc would be an improvement over Flash and Co.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

1. We sending Bolland over to acquire Weiss?

Even then, I think I wouldn't do it.

Yea, Jurco would be hard to get.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Weiss is done, he should hang up his skates. So I certainly don't want him back. It would be better for the Panthers to eat half of Soupy's salary than take Weiss albatross.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Now we want to move Campbell?

SPORTSNET: Nick Kypreos reports the Florida Panthers want to trade defenseman Brian Campbell and the Detroit Red Wings are interested in him. The Wings hope to move defenseman Jakub Kindl but the Panthers seek one of Detroit’s defense prospects and that’s not happening.

http://spectorshockey.net/blog/late...-wings-panthers-and-penguins-october-16-2014/

Could we not offer a little more than just Campbell for one of their D prospects? Especially if we don't retain salary?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Sweet.

I'm sure we'll have him badmouthing the team/fans once he is moved

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
So if Campbell is moved, then what? You guys really think a Kindl would do anything for us? Who would replace his minutes and role short term and long term.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
So if Campbell is moved, then what? You guys really think a Kindl would do anything for us? Who would replace his minutes and role short term and long term.

I'll stand by this.

Addition by subtraction.

IMO he is waiting for the day to get out of Sunrise. Wouldn't be shocked to read later he is a cancer in the locker room.

His play for the past year + has been lazy.

As for who will replace his TOI? Probably will give more ice time to Gudbranson and Olsen.

Won't be pretty, but not that far off from what we see now.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Campbell has really frustrated me the last year. I understand that he's upset with both his and the team's situation but as one of the captains of the team, I expect a lot more from him. He needs to lead by example and he obviously hasn't. I think a lot of the locker room problems lately can be traced directly to Campbell and Versteeg. Good riddance.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
That would do wonders for Ekblad's development too.. yeah, nope.

Campbell gets no respect around here these days, people sure love to mistake him for some two-way physical beast that isn't playing up to his potential.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I'll stand by this.

Addition by subtraction.

IMO he is waiting for the day to get out of Sunrise. Wouldn't be shocked to read later he is a cancer in the locker room.

His play for the past year + has been lazy.

As for who will replace his TOI? Probably will give more ice time to Gudbranson and Olsen.

Won't be pretty, but not that far off from what we see now.

Guys like Campbell need to be shipped out. I understand he plays a lot of minutes, but his impact on the locker room is much more important than his play on the ice right now. And it's pretty obvious he's mailed it in with his play as well as his leadership. Mitchell-Kulikov could pick up some of his minutes and Gudbranson has proved that he's a different player this season. Ekblad is obviously much better than his age suggests and can play a lot more than a typical 18-year-old. Getting guys that want to be here and take this team to the next level is so important right now.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
That would do wonders for Ekblad's development too.. yeah, nope.

Campbell gets no respect around here these days, people sure love to mistake him for some two-way physical beast that isn't playing up to his potential.

Exactly. Don't confuse his style of play with him playing lazy. The guy has played 25+ minutes a night for us every year. He has to budget his energy and slow the game down. That's just how he plays, it's not lazy. He will really be missed if he's gone.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
If the deal was for Kindl then I'm sure something would have been done by now. So I don't think we have to worry about adding another 5/6 D man.

I'm for trading Campbell because there's really only one way to have Gudbranson and Kulikov grow, clearly it isn't by having Campbell. I say its time to see what they are made of and throw the load on em. If Ekblad can already handle 23 mins a game I think he'll be just fine with out Campbell.

Of course I only do this if we are getting one of Detroits D prospects.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
If the deal was for Kindl then I'm sure something would have been done by now. So I don't think we have to worry about adding another 5/6 D man.

I'm for trading Campbell because there's really only one way to have Gudbranson and Kulikov grow, clearly it isn't by having Campbell. I say its time to see what they are made of and throw the load on em. If Ekblad can already handle 23 mins a game I think he'll be just fine with out Campbell.

Of course I only do this if we are getting one of Detroits D prospects.

Ekblad is able to handle playing 23 minutes playing with Campbell. I really don't want to see him having to play 20 minutes with Robak.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Its early yet. I'd wait a bit to see how campbell plays when he gets his legs under him. If he looks like he's in decline then I'd say get something for him while they can. Anything. I like Campbell but he looks like he's slowing down quite a bit.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Ekblad is able to handle playing 23 minutes playing with Campbell. I really don't want to see him having to play 20 minutes with Robak.

He doesn't have to be stuck with Robak. Stick him with Gudbranson, Kulikov or Mitchell. Last time I checked Gudbranson and Kulikov were supposed to be our 1 and 2 guys. I think its time they show us what they've got or we move them before its too late.

But again, I only do this deal if its an offer we can't refuse. Not just to get Campbell out of here for the sake of it. If a team is willing to over pay for his services, by golly take him.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
He doesn't have to be stuck with Robak. Stick him with Gudbranson, Kulikov or Mitchell. Last time I checked Gudbranson and Kulikov were supposed to be our 1 and 2 guys. I think its time they show us what they've got or we move them before its too late.

:shakehead... yeah, because at 22 and 23 years old respectively they need to be shipped out.... holy crap... some fans just amaze me...

Catsfan7

Jun 6, 2011
Coral Springs, FL
People talk about Campbell's minutes, but on 27 other teams he wouldn't even come close to the same time. Also, 27 other teams are fine without someone who needs to be out there for that long per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad