Rumor: I Heard A Rumor...: Rumor Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Here we go again..

The Jets and Evander Kane appear to be at a crossroads. It sounds like the bidding may be at hand...hearing Florida (e3), Toronto (e4), Montreal (e2) and Buffalo (e3) have interest.

More to come...

Could Tallon bag EKane without trading a member of the core or the 2015 first. I feel like a deal could be worked according to the current needs of the Jets because they're all in for sure this season.

Maybe the addition of a Brian Campbell to their defense would spark their interest.

I don't even really like EKane, but I think he's worth the gamble. He's 23, he shoots to score, he's a big body, he's scored 17, 19, 19 and 30. At least try. Could be the "needed a change of scenery" thing.

JeKigva.png

Doubt Tallon moves Campbell for Kane. Especially when his replacement is Olsen who he just flat out waived.

One of the musical chairs members is getting moved. Probably Bergenheim.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
As we know, Tallon puts a lot of stock into character. There have been off-ice issues surrounding this guy for awhile...so I'm not sure how keen Tallon would be on giving up assets for him.

On the other side of the coin, he has proven (when healthy) the ability to score at a decent clip. He scored 30 a few years ago, but really that was the only season he has surpassed 20 goals. This is somewhat alarming.

Me thinks Tallon will pass.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
As we know, Tallon puts a lot of stock into character. There have been off-ice issues surrounding this guy for awhile...so I'm not sure how keen Tallon would be on giving up assets for him.

On the other side of the coin, he has proven (when healthy) the ability to score at a decent clip. He scored 30 a few years ago, but really that was the only season he has surpassed 20 goals. This is somewhat alarming.

Agreed. Plus, this is coming from Eklund who is rarely ever right.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

I hope he makes a push. a change of scenery can do a guy wonders.

See Tyler Seguin. It's nice to take a risk every now and then. Why the heck not take one with this guy???? He can complement Bjugstad and Hayes. what a big monster line that could be

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
I hope he makes a push. a change of scenery can do a guy wonders.

See Tyler Seguin. It's nice to take a risk every now and then. Why the heck not take one with this guy???? He can complement Bjugstad and Hayes. what a big monster line that could be

Agreed. I think he can pot over 30 goals. He needs a change of scenery, he obviously doesnt like winnipeg and winnipeg doesnt like him

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Is Eklund like Fialkov pretty much?

Let me take a stab at it. Eklund says price is very high.

Does that mean he is very cheap? Olsen for Kane confirmed lol

I'm terrible at the offer game :laugh:

I do know that I want to keep Huby and Barkov to let them grow. I'd be ok with Kulikov but not ok with trading the 1st. Then again that leaves a hole on D. So I don't know.

mbitonti

Sep 30, 2013
I'm terrible at the offer game :laugh:

I do know that I want to keep Huby and Barkov to let them grow. I'd be ok with Kulikov but not ok with trading the 1st. Then again that leaves a hole on D. So I don't know.

I'd much rather have Kuli than Kane, mostly just because our D is already borderline in shambles right now. And I agree about keeping Huby and Barkov, and the rest of the core for that matter. Maybe 2016 1st + 2015 2nd + Boyes + their choice of Bergy, Flash, or Upshall? I know this is quantity for quality, but if they're scratching him anyway and trying to make a playoff push they might like the depth additions.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
If we traded a dman for kane, one of their dmen would have to come back the other way. My first thought was big byff, but thats getting way too blockbustery and expensive for my liking. You know tallon would ask about him though

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Just took a quick peek, but E. Kane makes 250k less than Bolland...if they can package upshall for this guy (I still like Bergenheim a lot), I say go for it.

I know people like Howden but would you Howden for this guy?

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Just took a quick peek, but E. Kane makes 250k less than Bolland...if they can package upshall for this guy (I still like Bergenheim a lot), I say go for it.

I know people like Howden but would you Howden for this guy?

I really dont want to give up Howden, because he adds that speed element that this team lacks, but if I would add him in a package for Kane. Id also give up our 1st rounder in 16, and would consider moving the 1st rounder in 15 if they wanted that one instead.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
I'd much rather have Kuli than Kane, mostly just because our D is already borderline in shambles right now. And I agree about keeping Huby and Barkov, and the rest of the core for that matter. Maybe 2016 1st + 2015 2nd + Boyes + their choice of Bergy, Flash, or Upshall? I know this is quantity for quality, but if they're scratching him anyway and trying to make a playoff push they might like the depth additions.

I was thinking about our 2016 1st as well. Kane being scratched may have diminished his value. They can't ( or at least I don't think they can) hold on to his one 30 goal season as leverage any more.

Seguin and Peverly got Eriksson, Button, Morrow, Smith and Fraser(who's no longer with them).

I could part with something like 2016 1st, Boyes and one of Howden/Trochek/Grimaldi.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I don't get all this BS Tallon get about character and he signed Scottie "Party" Upshall

I know he loves to draft guys with weak confidence

As for E. Kane

If the price is right. He's having issues off the ice again and his trade value is plummeting. Do we want a headcase here? If the price was very low as in Boyes / Upshall / prospect (not Grimaldi) / pick

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
He's 23 and exactly the type of player that would do wonders. Big, PF, fast, etc etc. Without moving the core I would put the 2016 1st, Tro and Howden.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
He's 23 and exactly the type of player that would do wonders. Big, PF, fast, etc etc. Without moving the core I would put the 2016 1st, Tro and Howden.

Want no part of Kane. Tallon spends millions of dollars on Character Guys then goes out and trades for a guy with bad character it isn't going to happen. Kane is not what we need either he is streaky and doesn't add much in the way of physicality only when he wants to. You guys are only thinking about his "ability" and not his actual play on the ice. We need a consistent goal scorer that can mesh with this team.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I really dont want to give up Howden, because he adds that speed element that this team lacks, but if I would add him in a package for Kane. Id also give up our 1st rounder in 16, and would consider moving the 1st rounder in 15 if they wanted that one instead.

I wouldn't. Seems like an overpayment to me. But I'm not too crazy about Kane. Sure, I would take him, but only for fair value. I don't think a 1st this year, plus Howden would be good value for us. Especially as we could be in the McDavid sweepstakes! Maybe if we know our draft position, and it is around 10th, I would be more tempted. Still think it could be a big risk.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
What has Kane done that is so egregious?

Maybe the guy just doesn't like the city anymore who knows.

Last I checked Luongo asked out of Vancouver for what, being benched for a game. guess what, he isnt the first player to ever get benched anywhere.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
What has Kane done that is so egregious?

Maybe the guy just doesn't like the city anymore who knows.

Last I checked Luongo asked out of Vancouver for what, being benched for a game. guess what, he isnt the first player to ever get benched anywhere.

Kane is very much a me-first guy, without the production to let him get away with having a me-first attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad