Post-Game Talk: I hate that team

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers get beat 2-1 in a game in which they had only 20 SOG while having several PP's and half the thread surmising Nurse as the culprit. Seems like fault finding is random again.
Nurse doesn't have a monopoly on the suck, no, but he sure wasn't good.

Though the forwards combining for 6 measly shots on goal 5v5 is more of a problem for me than any defenceman we iced last night.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Depends on what you can get back I think.

You’re not gonna get anything resembling his value.

Probably a 2nd round pick and a guy like Severson and maybe a B or C level prospect.

Which is a decent haul, but when Bouchard gets Norris votes on a different team in 3 or 4 years you’ll wanna throw yourself off the High Level Bridge.

Reactions: Oilhawks

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
An unbiased analysis of the game would probably point to our inability to shoot the f***ing puck as the major reason for the loss.

This is the answer.

As dumb as the Oilers were in that game it was right there for the taking had we just shot the puck. Fleury looked shaky as well. But in typical Oiler fashion when the team isn't handling the puck well or passing well they choose to add complexity to their game rather than simplify and just shoot the god damn puck. 8-10 more shots and that game is in OT if not an Oilers win, but we just choose not to.

I love Leon, but someone has to talk to him about his refusal to shoot it 5v5. He literally only shoots when he's set up for the net side one timer. He just will not shoot otherwise in nearly any circumstance. The highlight for him last night was dishing a sweet little blind backhand sauce pass right on the tape of a Wild d-man in front of their net with no Oilers in the vicinity all while he had a lane to fire it. Drives me crazy.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Seems pretty standard for this board, actually.
Neilsen and Lt. Eric this morning "it's either we are a cup contender or we aren't making the playoffs"

Essentially them talking about the standard messages they get after a win or a loss. No real middle ground lol

Reasonable Oil Fan

Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
Oilers get beat 2-1 in a game in which they had only 20 SOG while having several PP's and half the thread surmising Nurse as the culprit. Seems like fault finding is random again.
Typical,
I admit, Im not a big fan of that contract at all but, its the easiest thing for people to blame. If he makes a questionable play at any point in the game and we end up losing, he will get shouldered with it.
When, in actuality, it was a tough game, we were flat AND the Wild aren't terrible. Gotta give them some credit too

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
There's almost no way to even break even on that trade, because Bouchard is seriously underrated right now and he's going to improve. If he went to a team where he got PP1 minutes and didn't have his every mistake dissected like an 8th grader with a cow's eye, he'd get 50 points in his sleep.
Bouchard kills our power play which should be the one thing the Oilers can count on this year. Bouchard needs to be kept exclusively on PP2.

Looks like he's playing in his sleep right now on many nights.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Weren't the Wild supposed to be saddled with 2 crippling contracts starting this year?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Bouchard kills our power play which should be the one thing the Oilers can count on this year. Bouchard needs to be kept exclusively on PP2.

Looks like he's playing in his sleep right now on many nights.
Statistically speaking this isn't accurate in the slightest.

Bouchard's better than Barrie on the powerplay this year by every conceivable margin.

Shots, Goals, Expected goals, scoring chances, dangerous chances, are all better with Bouchard on the ice than with Barrie.

Barrie's singlehandedly caused two shorthanded goals against as well.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You’re not gonna get anything resembling his value.

Probably a 2nd round pick and a guy like Severson and maybe a B or C level prospect.

Which is a decent haul, but when Bouchard gets Norris votes on a different team in 3 or 4 years you’ll wanna throw yourself off the High Level Bridge.
Maybe. Hard to say imo.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
not THAT hard to say.

I mean, (virtually) look me in the eye and tell me you trust Ken Holland to get good value in an Evan Bouchard trade.
Current GM notwithstanding, I’m talking in terms of general principles.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
There's almost no way to even break even on that trade, because Bouchard is seriously underrated right now and he's going to improve. If he went to a team where he got PP1 minutes and didn't have his every mistake dissected like an 8th grader with a cow's eye, he'd get 50 points in his sleep.
Exactly you don’t trade Bouch because of his shortcomings you find someone that can offset them to play with him. Much like Keith did last year. Who that is I have no clue but trading Bouch would be an epic fail:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nurse doesn't have a monopoly on the suck, no, but he sure wasn't good.

Though the forwards combining for 6 measly shots on goal 5v5 is more of a problem for me than any defenceman we iced last night.
If it was a game where we had a ton of zone time and little shots I’d mostly agree but I think we spent far too much time in our own zone 5v5

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Off game for McDrai, but can't rely on them to carry every single game.

Janmark is a 4th liner at best. Hyman needs to be dropped down the lineup on to a line that doesn't require him to make plays to superstars. He can't hang.

All of our defence are butter soft imposters. Count the amount of clean breakouts compared to Minny. We are a joke.

Minnesota and most other teams dominate us in the offensive zone. We only score off the rush.
Apparently Hyman can hang. Hat trick tonight who would of thought :huh:

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad