Friedman: "I do think they would move Andrew Shaw"

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Honestly shaw has been playin pretty good the past few games!

Could he interest team with alot of caps hits with bad revenu, his salary drops significantly years after year! Like arizona or the Canes, shaw is still a decent player and effective in his owm way! If the cap hit isnt an issues, any team would like him.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
would mtl be interested in mathieu perrault? winnipeg could use a bottom-6 upgrade and kyle connor seems ready to be a top-6 guy.

idk if this is fair value or not;

shaw + fucale for perrault + 2nd?

or just

shaw + 2nd for perrault

Shaw is a pretty good player, but the Jets shouldn't be looking at acquiring anyone who would likely finish near the top of the team in penalty minutes until they can prove they can efficiently become one of the top penalty killing teams in the league.

They take too many penalties as is and their penalty killing outright SUCKS.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
i cant believe how far friedman has fallen so quickly

used to be considered by many to be bob mckenzie part 2 but now hes eklund level

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
i cant believe how far friedman has fallen so quickly

used to be considered by many to be bob mckenzie part 2 but now hes eklund level

Worst rumour was during last season's playoffs where he said Vatanen would fetch a top 10 pick.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'd like him back on the Hawks. Retain a million and we'll give you guys Anisimov in exchange (we would just need to convince him to waive his NMC).

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Chicago offers Kempny and a 3rd for Shaw with $1.9 retained

MTL needs defense right? Or more offense?

Take Jurco or Hinostroza if you want too

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
4 years at nearly 4 mil per for a 30pt 3rd liner...yeah, I do suppose they would move him lol

shaw is a cap dump at this point. a pair of 2nd rd picks for this guy is only the 3rd worst habs trade over the past couple years

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
No, only way The Hawks Trade for Shaw is for something like

Shaw, Galchenyuk and schlemko

For

Seabrook, Panik and something like Gustafson

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Would the Devils and Habs have any interest in something like this?

Lovejoy
(pick)
(prospect)

for

Shaw (30% or less retention)

Pick, prospect and retention can all be adjusted to make the value fair.

Could also throw in guys like Davidson and Jimmy Hayes (just for example) if you wanted to balance the # of forwards and D on each team.

Falon

May 21, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
Montreal does not have a lot of assets to get a player to help them right now. They might be able to pry Shipachyov out of Vegas, for the right price, maybe also McNabb or Garrison. The price would be picks and prospects.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Shaw has actually looked much better this year. He's showing some nice speed and hands we didn't see much of last year. He might've had some injury or conditioning issues last season because he's really got some extra zip in his game now.

It's funny to see so many people saying bad contract(3.9$) for a 30-35 point 3rd liner who has nice edge to his game, when a huge section of this forum thinks his predecessor Lars Eller is great when he gets basically the same pay (contract signed 5 years so increase represents inflation) for less point production and plays like soft tampon.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I know it's his job, but over the last few years there hasn't been a single prominent media member that has speculated as much as Friedman. "I do think" seems to be a very common theme in all of his "Thoughts" articles (I realize the irony here), and he's usually spitballing and throwing out his own ideas for stuff.

I take what I can get, but he's become so unreliable.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
I really don't like playing the "What could've been" game but Montreal missed out on Girard and DeBrincat with the 2 second rounders we traded to acquire Andrew Shaw :( .... On top of that, we overpaid him and gave him too much term. Horrible asset management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad