I Can't Stand the Oilers Goal Celebration Song

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I attended the 2014 Oil Kings playoff run to the cup and while I'm not a huge fan of motley crue their goal song was kickstart my heart and it was amazingly fitting and got the crowd going :handclap:

Used it in the Memorial Cup as well.

Great tune.

I remember the Oilers opening video about 12-13 years ago(maybe longer) had that and had a bunch of Oilers racing cars at Capital Raceway. Marchant and a few others were in it.

Draiken

Jun 28, 2011
Stadium love is the perfect song to go with the teams attitude after they score... kind of tame.

Once the team gets good again, it needs to be this:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Edmonton is sinking and we're worried about the goal celebration song? What's next, the dress code of the beer vendors?:shakehead:laugh:

We don't score enough goals for this to be a problem for me. I'd be more concerned about the crap they play in between whistles.

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
http://fans.oilers.nhl.com/community/topic/15523-oilers-fire-dj-dragon/?st=0

Had to google it and I came across the main boards thread. Makes me want to punch every single person in there. Yes, I have a wide range of music preference, but imo hard rock and AC/DC belongs at hockey games.

The main boards is why we have Metric as our current song. Makes sense now.

Ew, gross no. There are not many genres that evolved with hockey and perhaps the strongest one is Canadian punk¹. Why would we want more clichéd belting from an Australian band that never had enything to do with hockey?

¹ That and rink organ music.

Last edited:

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Suggestions for goal songs

- Single Ladies
- Born this Way
- one of the victory themes from a Final Fantasy Game. 4 or 7 would be great

This league needs more midi files from classic games.

Drop some Zelda on us.

Anyone remember the last ever fight and appearance between Zach Stortini and Krys Barch? The announcer played Mike Tyson's Punch Out anthem. So awesome.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Would not mind if this was the game intro for the new arena

Or when we finally win a game.

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012
Edmonton is sinking and we're worried about the goal celebration song? What's next, the dress code of the beer vendors?:shakehead:laugh:

We don't score enough goals for this to be a problem for me. I'd be more concerned about the crap they play in between whistles.

Finding the time to worry about every other aspect of the team is not an issue.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Speaking of video game themes.

The Oilers are very much almost part of a fantasy world where they believe they can someday become a good team.

Maybe if the management plays this on a real Ocarina they can go back and relieve the 80's again.

Lets that be a goal song! I hate heavy metal but maybe i am nostalgic for that theme cause i love that game.

YAY NERDY THINGS!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad