I Can't Stand the Oilers Goal Celebration Song

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
The song choices in general at Rexall are outdated.

I noticed they played 'Killing in the Name of' during all their penalties in the last game I saw.

The music guy seems to only know songs from Guitar Hero or

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Another criticism of the song selection at Rexall is all the covers instead of the authentic version.

if you're playing "Radar Love" Its by Golden Earring. There is no other. Stop it with the inane cover versions.

Classics are classics, repeat after me...

But if you absolutely have to play a cover of such a classic let it be Ministry's version and not the pathetic version by White Lion

jebus, this is easy

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
Just let each player submit a goal song. When that player scores, their goal song plays.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
If I remember correctly, Oiler fans voted for the song they wanted a couple of summers ago.

Like most democratic processes, the results tend to be disappointing over the long haul.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I hate it too. Really hope they change it next year for the new arena.

I would be okay with the players picking their own songs. Or as a locker room picking the song.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Pretty sure the fans voted on it as people were complaining about everything so the team let the fans screw this one up

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Song is brutal, No wonder players don't wanna score.

I loved the Still D.R.E. for Draisaitl for a little bit there but he hasn't scored in a long time so I don't know if they still do that.

The last time I remember thinking any of the music selections were particularly apt beyond that was when they had "you're gonna go far kid" by the offspring, or whatever its called. Too bad none of those kids went anywhere. They had a great year, though - which I attribute to the song.

I would normally throw in with the "let the locker room decide" crowd but we know from interviews that there are a lot of pop music / country fans in the locker room.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Metric is a terrible choice. It's been 2 years of this **** music and I was sick of it after the first goal. Oilers marketing group is god awful. What else is new? We've had to endure crappy food forever and the most horrendous DJ's in recent memory.

I remember that DJ Dragon coming on here and trying to defend himself. lmao

I miss the old Blur Song 2.

lol yeah that guy was a complete tool,

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
http://fans.oilers.nhl.com/community/topic/15523-oilers-fire-dj-dragon/?st=0

Had to google it and I came across the main boards thread. Makes me want to punch every single person in there. Yes, I have a wide range of music preference, but imo hard rock and AC/DC belongs at hockey games.

The main boards is why we have Metric as our current song. Makes sense now.

Most fans see it this way and most rinks abide by it. Hockey is that kind of on edge physical and dangerous game that some of the piped in music is just so totally off cue.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I haven't heard it yet, but if Bieber- Sorry comes on I may lose my shiet.

What do you think I do when Maroon 5 Animals comes on almost every game...:shakehead:rant:

make it stop!!!!!!!:D

If there is a worse song in the history of mankind I don't want to hear it.

Special hell for me would be that song playing on repeat in a trapped elevator. I'm not sure what my actions would be..

The goal song has a similar effect. That the chorus repeats like that is just sad. The same sound over and over and over..

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
What do you think I do when Maroon 5 Animals comes on almost every game...:shakehead:rant:

make it stop!!!!!!!:D

If there is a worse song in the history of mankind I don't want to hear it.

Seriously, the pop era is just too much. I don't mind Maroon 5, but the latest few songs have killed my love for them. Animals is a terrible song!!!!!!!

I will admit though the song selection this year has improved slightly. The goal song needs to be changed every year.

Kayen

SLAPPAPPYSHEV
Apr 28, 2009
The North
I don't mind some hard EDM/Rock/Hip-Hop at games... But some of this poppy stuff... I don't approve.
I want something that'll get my heart bumping, not something that'll give me estrogen level increases

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Pretty sure the fans voted on it as people were complaining about everything so the team let the fans screw this one up

Who in their right mind would pick Stadium love out of all songs though? As if damn Pitbull and that euro trance song wasn't bad enough. Hopefully there's an actual new good goal song in the new arena.

Pennertration

Oct 25, 2007
Calgary
In the minority but I like the song. Not necessarily as the goal song but I like it getting steady play during the team's last season at Rexall. It makes some sense for it to be played in this particular season.

And I have no problem with Killing In The Name Of either - situation wise, it's perfect.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Absolutely horrible. Metric is the definition of underwhelming, fits our team perfectly.

Pretty sure we have a 14 year old running the music at Rexall. Sorry 14 year olds, but your taste in music sucks.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
In the minority but I like the song. Not necessarily as the goal song but I like it getting steady play during the team's last season at Rexall. It makes some sense for it to be played in this particular season.

And I have no problem with Killing In The Name Of either - situation wise, it's perfect.

It isn't a bad song to listen to. But as a goal song, it isn't appealing to me. I liked kernkraft no matter how much its used; its still a kickass goal song.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad