I Can't Stand the Oilers Goal Celebration Song

McDeathbyCheerios*

Suggestions for goal songs

- Single Ladies
- Born this Way
- one of the victory themes from a Final Fantasy Game. 4 or 7 would be great

Pourinthecoal

Jul 13, 2009
It shouldn't be hard picking a goal song here - this is Alberta, we like hard rock, just that simple. AC/DC (take your pick), The Black Keys (Gold on the Ceiling), metallica (Sad but True riff, which would be appropriate any of the last 10years), or go right off the grid with Jesus Built My Hotrod by Ministry...

But yeah the current goal song is TERRIBLE as is many other things in this organization.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
It shouldn't be hard picking a goal song here - this is Alberta, we like hard rock, just that simple. AC/DC (take your pick), The Black Keys (Gold on the Ceiling), metallica (Sad but True riff, which would be appropriate any of the last 10years), or go right off the grid with Jesus Built My Hotrod by Ministry...

But yeah the current goal song is TERRIBLE as is many other things in this organization.

The Oilers had the Metallica Sad But True riff a couple years ago in Kid Rock's American Badass. I liked it as a goal song tbh.

Stadium love sucks as a goal song.

McDeathbyCheerios*

The Oilers had the Metallica Sad But True riff a couple years ago in Kid Rock's American Badass. I liked it as a goal song tbh.

Stadium love sucks as a goal song.
I'd take Metric over any garbage Kid Rock puts out any day. I think I'd prefer the sound of a garbage shute.

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
I attended the 2014 Oil Kings playoff run to the cup and while I'm not a huge fan of motley crue their goal song was kickstart my heart and it was amazingly fitting and got the crowd going :handclap:

Used it in the Memorial Cup as well.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010

The perfect goal song for this team, maybe even if the opposition scores as well.

And of course the only way to enjoy this team is being wasted and balls to the wall high.

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012
I attended the 2014 Oil Kings playoff run to the cup and while I'm not a huge fan of motley crue their goal song was kickstart my heart and it was amazingly fitting and got the crowd going :handclap:

Used it in the Memorial Cup as well.

Think that was our skate-out song a long while ago?

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Not to veer off topic but the Oil Kings a few years ago during their run came up with the most amazing song to come out to from the tunnel to start the game.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Not to veer off topic but the Oil Kings a few years ago during their run came up with the most amazing song to come out to from the tunnel to start the game.

Metallica opens up their concerts with this tune, or at least they used to. Didn't do it when I saw them not long ago.

Would be a fantastic song to use though.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Metallica opens up their concerts with this tune, or at least they used to. Didn't do it when I saw them not long ago.

Would be a fantastic song to use though.

As a game intro or goal song? I think it works better as an intro as you get the whole build up of the song rather than a 15 second snippet after a goal.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I was at the new years eve game and the guy on the organ played a quick bit of Nirvana's Lithium and then switched to Ol Lang Signe (however the hell you spell it)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad