Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v3 | Mon, May 13 | @ Bal | 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | Berrios vs Burnes

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Because Mattingly is not a good coach and everywhere he has gone in his professional career has been cursed.

Plus being an elite hitter usually doesn’t translate to being a good hitting coach.
No.

But you should be able to talk approach, what to look for and how to prepare for an at bat.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Nice double for the Babe. 2nd/3rd no out.

Miraculously they both score on two separate infield groundouts.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
He was also an elite 1B fielder and is here to help Vladdy… who has somehow gotten worse defensively these last two years. I legitimately can’t explain what he does here but I can’t imagine he’s helping.
Not to mention since he's been here, the key offensive players have declined in their production.

He has stated on a few occasions the Jays lack power so they need to be more contact hitters which to me is bizarre. Springer, Vladdy, Bo, Jansen, Varsho and maybe Davis are all capable of hitting 30+ homers.

Martinez takes a lot of criticism but at least he has a good track record of being a hitting coach.

Reactions: Eyedea

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
He was also an elite 1B fielder and is here to help Vladdy… who has somehow gotten worse defensively these last two years. I legitimately can’t explain what he does here but I can’t imagine he’s helping.
This AB is what is driving me crazy about the Jays.

Vlad pulls off a fastball for strike 1, then proceeds to take an inside fastball for a strike, before swinging and missing at a middle middle fastball.

What the hell are you looking for?

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Vlad pulls off a fastball for strike 1, then proceeds to take an inside fastball for a strike, before swinging and missing at a middle middle fastball.

What the hell are you looking for?
His fastball approach has been the most frustrating part since last year.

Reactions: Jojalu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad