McKenzie: "I believe the Oilers will add an experienced defenseman"

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Wings fans last year: "Vanek will get us a 1st at least"

*gets a 3rd round pick and a guy off waivers at TDL*

I think at most Green will fetch a 2nd and a meh prospect which is pretty good.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Do you really think a deadline rental like Green will net you a 2018 1st? That seems highly unlikely.

I would put it at a 50/50 shot. Really depends on the market, but the league is playing high transition hockey stylistically here lately and that is something he excels at. He has played well in Detroit with a heavy workload.

Again it depends on the prices at the deadline. Puck moving D-man also have sometimes exploded in value. It might not happen that way, perhaps he is only worth a 2nd round draft pick at that point. That or second round pick and a B prospect. But there is absolutely a chance a bidding war opens up on him. Green is a good hockey player, the danger if you're Detroit is he is a guy that struggles to stay healthy and could get hurt enough they get absolutely nothing.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wings fans last year: "Vanek will get us a 1st at least"

*gets a 3rd round pick and a guy off waivers at TDL*

I think at most Green will fetch a 2nd and a meh prospect which is pretty good.

This is as bad as but Gaustad got a first logic....

Vanek was having a very good season. It turns out his past history hurt him on the market and the way the Wings heavily used him offensively caught up. On the flip side we were laughed at about what Brendan Smith was likely to cost with even most Wings posters underselling what he returned. It will really depend on the market.

Mike Green is a terrific offensive D-man that is better than he used to be defensively. I think things could heat up for him in a substantial way. I think the Oilers have two second round picks this year too in terms of if they were dealing with them correct?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
This is as bad as but Gaustad got a first logic....

Vanek was having a very good season. It turns out his past history hurt him on the market and the way the Wings heavily used him offensively caught up. On the flip side we were laughed at about what Brendan Smith was likely to cost with even most Wings posters underselling what he returned. It will really depend on the market.

Mike Green is a terrific offensive D-man that is better than he used to be defensively. I think things could heat up for him in a substantial way. I think the Oilers have two second round picks this year too in terms of if they were dealing with them correct?
Just one 2nd round pick(Detroit has two though)
Shattenkirk only got a 1st(in a crap draft from the 1st team in the league) and some scraps. Shatty was younger, better, and had a lower cap hit than Green so I can't see him fetching the same at all.

I would go -
Drake Cagguila, Mark Fayne, 2018 2nd plus a conditional 2019 2nd if Green plays 50% of the first 2 rounds and the Oilers make the West finals in 2018

for

Mike Green and Riley Sheahan(shaves about 3.5m of salary off for Detroit)

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Just one 2nd round pick(Detroit has two though)
Shattenkirk only got a 1st(in a crap draft from the 1st team in the league) and some scraps. Shatty was younger, better, and had a lower cap hit than Green so I can't see him fetching the same at all.

I would go -
Drake Cagguila, Mark Fayne, 2018 2nd plus a conditional 2019 2nd if Green plays 50% of the first 2 rounds and the Oilers make the West finals in 2018

for

Mike Green and Riley Sheahan(shaves about 3.5m of salary off for Detroit)

Considering that 2018 is considered a deep draft I really don't think teams will be all that hot to cough up a 1st for a deadline rental.

I would certainly like Edmonton to acquire Green but not for a first. I like the idea of above offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad