Movies: 'I AM LEGEND' Sequel Announced w/ Will Smith & Michael B. Jordan

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Not zombies.
Since my use of this word causes unexpected problems here, I propose a new term ss + zombies, which means all those who have lost their minds and started hunting people, due to supernatural, scientific or any other reasons

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Since my use of this word causes unexpected problems here, I propose a new term ss + zombies, which means all those who have lost their minds and started hunting people, due to supernatural, scientific or any other reasons
They have not lost their minds. They are actually very intelligent that is what makes this novella and even the movie different. In the books he calls them vampires if I recall.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
They have not lost their minds. They are actually very intelligent that is what makes this novella and even the movie different. In the books he calls them vampires if I recall.
In the novella and first adaptation (The Last Man on Earth), many are intelligent, but many others have lost their minds. They beat on Neville's front door because they're too stupid to find other ways in, are afraid of garlic and mirrors and act like vegetables during the day. It's only later in the story that he meets the intelligent ones whose bodies were more resistant to the plague than the rest of the population.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
In the novella and first adaptation (The Last Man on Earth), many are intelligent, but many others have lost their minds. They beat on Neville's front door because they're too stupid to find other ways in, are afraid of garlic and mirrors and act like vegetables during the day. It's only later in the story that he meets the intelligent ones whose bodies were more resistant to the plague than the rest of the population.
If I recall, been a number of years since I last read it, the ones that you say "lost their minds" are ones that are reanimated by the bacteria (maybe why some call them zombies) while living people who are infected change but retain a certain level of consciousness and intelligence.

They also have many of the tell tale sign in literature and movies of being more vampire like in that they are hurt by sun light and garlic etc. that you mentioned and in the end Matheson has Neville refer as them as vampires and his theory is that he is immune because he was bitten by a vampire bat years before lol.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
I'm just gonna start calling the Wolfman a zombie, cause this is the internet so nothing has to make sense for me to make myself right
I wouldn't do that, but calling by this name various infected bastards like those in this movie about which this thread is, or like in that TV series with a girl who resembles the Russian boxer Denis Lebedev, makes excellent sense, since the similarities between them and zombies are quite obvious and strong and in fact it's the same thing

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Yes, I saw an alternative ending where they turned out to be a bunch of decent guys, I wish them all the best then

Reactions: Supermassive

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I'm fed up with movies about zombies. Not the walking undead, they're great. But actors like Will Smith whose careers died years ago and are now zombified. What a travesty he won an Oscar for what was little more than a PR piece paid for by the Williams sisters
I sure liked his career a lot more before he built up his wealth and was able to choose his own projects build his Hollywood family business. It's all garbage now. Same with Dwayne Johnson. The masses adore him, but WOOF what unmitigated vanity project trash...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad