Movies: 'I AM LEGEND' Sequel Announced w/ Will Smith & Michael B. Jordan

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Was thinking the same thing, while I have not watched it a while I remember he dies while the woman and kid make it out in the theatrical ending.

He could have made it out or something I guess…

Maybe he went down the hatch while the credits rolled.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
He could have made it out or something I guess…

Maybe he went down the hatch while the credits rolled.
No, he died in the explosion in the original ending, but he escapes with the lady and her daughter in the alternate ending

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Surprised no one just assumes Will Smith will be used in flashbacks

The news is that Smith will "star" in it. Just based on the language, it seems like a safe assumption that it won't just be in flashbacks. Also, if it were, then Smith and Jordan wouldn't be in any scenes together and would have to split the runtime (ex. half of the movie with Smith in the past and half with Jordan in the present), which would likely disappoint people.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
The news is that Smith will "star" in it. Just based on the language, it seems like a safe assumption that it won't just be in flashbacks. Also, if it were, then Smith and Jordan wouldn't be in any scenes together and would have to split the runtime (ex. half of the movie with Smith in the past and half with Jordan in the present), which would likely disappoint people.
It's likely going to disappoint regardless

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Hated that movie. Just the fact that they're doing a sequel indicates they've managed to totally mangle the entire point of the story.

In the novella, Robert Neville was the last human survivor of a plague of vampires that's wiped out almost everyone on the planet, a plague that he himself is immune to for whatever unexplained reason. Every day he goes out into the ruins of the city (iirc it might have been LA or SF) to find the remaining vampires, stake them, drag them out into the sun and kill them. Every night they flock to his house and bang on the boarded-up windows and doors to try to get in and kill him, and he drinks until he passes out. This goes on for years, decades. Eventually he starts going to the library to learn basic research skills to try to cure the vampire virus, though largely out of boredom than any other reason. He wasn't a scientist in the book, but the guy he used to carpool to work with is the head vampire who leads the night assaults...but he can never find him during the day. Anyway, the whole point of the story is that he thinks he's a monster hunter killing vampires, or at the very most he's putting suffering plague victims out of their misery. He doesn't consider them sentient...but the twist is they are. The ones that have survived this long have adapted to the virus, and they're the new strain of humanity that will carry the species forward. He wasn't killing monsters, he was killing husbands, fathers, mothers, kids...he spent decades wiping out entire bloodlines by the thousands and never once did he ever feel bad about it. Eventually they manage to capture him and take him to the vampire city. As he's locked in a tower waiting execution, he looks out of the crowd of vampires all staring up at him in terror, and the last passage is something like: "As the vampire was the myth of the human, so now the human becomes the myth of the vampire. I was the monster that stalked the daylight. I will be the feared boogeyman mothers tell their kids about to scare them. I am legend." Neville = Devil. Get it?

That movie was a travesty to Richard Matheson. A sequel continues the bad ideas.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

Good point, cant imagine why anyone would say Will Smith is starring unless hes in half the movie...

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Hated that movie. Just the fact that they're doing a sequel indicates they've managed to totally mangle the entire point of the story.

In the novella, Robert Neville was the last human survivor of a plague of vampires that's wiped out almost everyone on the planet, a plague that he himself is immune to for whatever unexplained reason. Every day he goes out into the ruins of the city (iirc it might have been LA or SF) to find the remaining vampires, stake them, drag them out into the sun and kill them. Every night they flock to his house and bang on the boarded-up windows and doors to try to get in and kill him, and he drinks until he passes out. This goes on for years, decades. Eventually he starts going to the library to learn basic research skills to try to cure the vampire virus, though largely out of boredom than any other reason. He wasn't a scientist in the book, but the guy he used to carpool to work with is the head vampire who leads the night assaults...but he can never find him during the day. Anyway, the whole point of the story is that he thinks he's a monster hunter killing vampires, or at the very most he's putting suffering plague victims out of their misery. He doesn't consider them sentient...but the twist is they are. The ones that have survived this long have adapted to the virus, and they're the new strain of humanity that will carry the species forward. He wasn't killing monsters, he was killing husbands, fathers, mothers, kids...he spent decades wiping out entire bloodlines by the thousands and never once did he ever feel bad about it. Eventually they manage to capture him and take him to the vampire city. As he's locked in a tower waiting execution, he looks out of the crowd of vampires all staring up at him in terror, and the last passage is something like: "As the vampire was the myth of the human, so now the human becomes the myth of the vampire. I was the monster that stalked the daylight. I will be the feared boogeyman mothers tell their kids about to scare them. I am legend." Neville = Devil. Get it?

That movie was a travesty to Richard Matheson. A sequel continues the bad ideas.

It's ironic that, of the three main adaptations of the novella, the one that kept its title is the least faithful one. The Last Man on Earth (with Vincent Price) and The Omega Man (with Charlton Heston) are closer adaptations.

Reactions: MAHJ71

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Not compelled to see a sequel to that movie. I don't even know what it could be about since Smith died in the last one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad