Post-Game Talk: I’m not even mad

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Hopefully they play the same way in Minny and LA, if they do they'll win for sure.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I have never, ever been less annoyed about getting the loser point. There's zero disappointment in me. They battled so hard to stay in this game and they got a point they never should have.

Though, there is the topic of Darnell Nurse. If there's any debate left on him vs Oscar, this game is a great reference point. Oscar played the same load against the Canes, while injured, and was better in every regard. Bear or even Bouchard should take those PP minutes. Nurse does not dish the puck as well, nor does he make good enough decisions to replace Klefbom there.

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
What a game. Loved how Lagesson looked in this one, need to work on our pp with Klefbom out. Bear might be the better fit.

Reactions: Kolja

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
There's something wrong with the Oilers play evaluation still... Nurse is getting PP1 and OT time, while Bear and Jones sit on the bench. That's a coach who has no clue what he's working with.

If Nurse will fetch you something pretty, he'd be gone by next year for sure if I was GM. Buy low, sell high.

Reactions: dustrock

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
We look like a playoff team, boys.

And Christ, did Nurse look like a lanky junior defenseman tonight?

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Smith got caught a little in no man's land thinking poke check. Either poke check or don't. Smith got the Oilers a point though, he certainly had a good game from what I saw (second half of the game).

Nurse looked gassed in the 3rd and OT.

Reactions: Samus44

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I am damn proud of this team, it's the definition of a TEAM, not the Edmonton McDrais.

They didn't get the 2nd point but whatever, it's the way they are playing that's important which is very hard and for each other. 3-1-1 against the Hawks, Lightning, Panthers, Canes and Bruins without McDavid and many others. Fantastic

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Good game.

Smith has a five hole the size of the grand canyon though.

Moo

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Thrilled with a point.

I won't even mention how silly that Nurse drive was or how abysmal Smith is on breakaways.

Big point!

Smith was really solid all game.

No McDavid, Klefbom, Kassian, Neal, Nygard, and Russell and we played like that? That’s a good sign. Outstanding effort by the guys tonight.

The only upsetting part is how Nurse played. All in all, really happy with the effort from the Oilers tonight.

Reactions: ElysiumAB

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Well earned point but Nurse was horrible today. Hopefully he's off the the top unit powerplay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad