I’m done with # 47 on our team !!

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Yeah im not a fan of engvall in the slightest. We need production from the bottom. Mikheyev is getting chances but cant score. Engvall is literally useless. Vesey is just as useless. Kerfoot is now top 6. Basically only boyd and spezza

Reactions: Teeder Keon

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
When our lines are fully healthy
Thornton - Matthews - Marner
Simmonds - JT - Nylander
Hyman - Kerfoot - Mikheyev
Vesey/Barabanov/Engvall - Boyd - Spezza

Scoring 13 goals per 82 games as a 13th forward is quite impressive actually.
Sure he's not the best player, but, what do you expect from a 13th forward?
4th lines are not supposed to make or break your team.

Reactions: saltming

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The reality on this situation, is pretty much the reality from the beginning of time with Leafs fans. There has to be someone to be mad at. 82-0, there's a scape goat. Let me present today's "problem child" and target of angry fans Ire, if only because there had to be someone. Engvall, the most vanilla of all hated players. But, someone had to step up to be hated. Congrats, the angry little people are upset at you today.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Simmonds - JT - Nylander

Hockey is more than goals and points and winning championships is more that stats .
All players can make a difference in a game regardless of their time on the ice or field , by many different ways , a good high energy shift , a big hit , a timely goal , coming to the aid of a teammate , a blocked shot , taking a hit to make a play , a fight , controlling the puck , killing a penalty , and many other ways .
I admire 4 th liners and the dedication it takes to play limited time in a game . It’s a tough job being a grunt but believe me the top liners in a team really respect them when they do those little things ...

Reactions: Cobra777

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Hockey is more than goals and points and winning championships is more that stats .
All players can make a difference in a game regardless of their time on the ice or field , by many different ways , a good high energy shift , a big hit , a timely goal , coming to the aid of a teammate , a blocked shot , taking a hit to make a play , a fight , controlling the puck , killing a penalty , and many other ways .
I admire 4 th liners and the dedication it takes to play limited time in a game . It’s a tough job being a grunt but believe me the top liners in a team really respect them when they do those little things ...

I assure you every team in the NHL has a forward equal or worse than Engvall in their lineup.
It's not a big deal. If he isn't playing well, you can rotate him in/out of the lineup.

Reactions: unitedstars87

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
The reality on this situation, is pretty much the reality from the beginning of time with Leafs fans. There has to be someone to be mad at. 82-0, there's a scape goat. Let me present today's "problem child" and target of angry fans Ire, if only because there had to be someone. Engvall, the most vanilla of all hated players. But, someone had to step up to be hated. Congrats, the angry little people are upset at you today.
If your descriptive word “vanilla” means a player that doesn’t play with heart and doesn’t give away pucks at the thought of getting hit , or a player that goes into a corner and literally turns his head and pokes at a puck looking away , or a player that doesn’t receive a pass because he sees , hears , or feels a opponent coming at him , or a player that won’t engage himself like a pro in order to help his.team in the common goal of winning games and championships , then your right , I guess I’m one of those “little people “ upset at him or players like him . You see I like cheering for or being on teams that or coaching teams that or surrounding myself with , people , players , teammates that are winners and will do whatever it takes to win shifts , moments , games , playoffs and championships ..
I guess to some “ passive big people “ that’s too much to ask for ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobra777

Tmart335

Aug 19, 2018

Not an Engvall fan, I guess haha all good! Thought he has been alright myself. When you’re paying almost 45 million for your top 2 lines, you need cheap guys to fill the bottom slots.

Spezza, engvall, vesey, simmonds, barabanov , Boyd , galchenyuk , petan . All these guys basically make under 1.5 million.

I can see how you don’t like some of them, but this is what we have to work with. I can see how you would like some more grit and physicality , but who would you recommend we could get for this price?

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
Not an Engvall fan, I guess haha all good! Thought he has been alright myself. When you’re paying almost 45 million for your top 2 lines, you need cheap guys to fill the bottom slots.

Spezza, engvall, vesey, simmonds, barabanov , Boyd , galchenyuk , petan . All these guys basically make under 1.5 million.

I can see how you don’t like some of them, but this is what we have to work with. I can see how you would like some more grit and physicality , but who would you recommend we could get for this price?
Good points you make , I would just like some more sandpaper and determined players in my bottom 6
I’m ok with most of our guys , at least when I see Petan play , he tries to take the body , I can see with his size that he at least tries ..
Also ok with Boyd and Spezz they all bring something to the table
I’m not a fan of Vesey at all , but there again I’ve seen him at least take the body once and awhile
Not 47
I guess all I’m asking that we have our bottom 6 be at least willing to do those little but tough things ...
I get that we can’t get terrific players due to the economics of today’s hockey , but cmon , I think we can get all of our bottom six to have Baaaaallls
Hey Mat Martin is still contributing on the island

Last edited:

Tmart335

Aug 19, 2018
Good points you make , I would just like some more sandpaper and determined players in my bottom 6
I’m ok with most of our guys , at least when I see Petan play , he tries to take the body , I can see with his size that he at least tries ..
Also ok with Boyd and Spezz they all bring something to the table
I’m not a fan of Vesey at all , but there again I’ve seen him at least take the body once and I while
Not 47
I guess all I’m asking that we have our bottom 6 be at least willing to do those little but tough things ...
I get that we can’t get terrific players due to the economics of today’s hockey , but cmon , I think we can get all of our bottom six to have Baaaaallls
Hey Mat Martin is still contributing on the island

I agree with most of your points. We are missing a physical player that can play .

would pay a lot to see a player like Brady Tkachuk on the team . Tkachuk matthews Marner would be quite the first line haha

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
I agree with most of your points. We are missing a physical player that can play .

would pay a lot to see a player like Brady Tkachuk on the team . Tkachuk matthews Marner would be quite the first line haha
I’m hoping that Robertson will join our team soon and be one of our left wingers on one of our top 2 lines

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Engvall is solid, has some desirable qualities (size, reach, speed, defensive play, decent puck skills) but he seems to lack the physicality and aggressiveness you'd like to see out of a player in his role

horner

May 22, 2007
Up until he signed his contract he was playing alot better not now .

It's to bad with his size and skating he could be a forse going to the net but refuses.

To bad

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Well, if we get back to first principles, it surprises me you didn't rag on another worse player in our bottom six, who also skate around and is ok defensively and has reasonable size and is invisible physically and offensively aka Vesey. I wish we could do a either a brain upgrade so he could understand the opportunity in life he is blowing or a heart transplant for obvious reasons.
Hoping he is in the press box tonight.
Anyways, Engvall is not our worst bottom 6.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
I was a big fan last year but the guy loses every puck battle, is as soft as Freddie the Goat and has some brutal cough ups in the O and neutral zones.

but give me him over Petan, Vesey and Barabanov all day long

Last edited:
Reactions: ToneDog

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
I get mad when I see an 11million dollar player not producing.

When the marginal NHLer plays like a marginal NHLer I just chalk that up to him being a marginal NHLer.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Is Engvall the forward version of marincin now? A perfectly good 13 14 player that we want gone? What do we expect from a player at that spot?
Engvall is noy a liability on the ice, right there I'm happy for a 4th line replacement level player.
Seems to move the puck from the D zone to the O zone with regularity, I'm really smiling now
Cycles well and wears out the other lines, seems like a bonus.
He's not a thug, but he he is good for us.
We could do a lot worse at this level of a player.
Imagine Fraser or Orr on this team in that spot :help:

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I get the frustration with Engvall, but he is a decent 4th line player for the money he was signed for. Our 4th liners are not the problem.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I watch Engvall and usually feel just whelmed. He does some things pretty well and I think that he's the most creative passer we have in the bottom six. But part of the frustration is that the player we saw when he made the team full time last year was a beast compared to his play today. He looked like a guy with all the tools and who could be a top6 wing option. Now watching him he just seems like a guy who floats around 80% of the time and does good things 20% of the time. There's nothing particularly wrong with those kind of results, but there feels like there's just so much more there if he upped his motor.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Lololol that’s awesome

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long years
Stole million man's soul an faith
And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game
There is a special place in hell for people like you.
...the throne.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Simmonds - JT - Nylander

This. He is a low cost rotation player. You need a few of those. As long as they aren't costing you games, there's no issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad