Hypothetically, Who Would You Draft?

Who Do You Want At 10th Overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Pretty easily Boqvist. He's by far the most dynamic and has one of the highest offensive ceilings for any defenseman in this draft. I could totally see them passing on him because of perceived holes in his game or they wanted to take a more complete player and then in 2 years he comes in and tears it up and everyones is sitting in here saying see I told you we should of taken Boqvist over *insert name*

Edit: My question is, and I know it's extremely highly unlikely, but if we get to 10 and Boqvist and Walhstrom are on the board. Who do you go with?

I think if you pass on that dynamic of a player with that high of a ceiling then it really says something about your confidence in you coaching and player development systems. You can’t coach that kind of talent into a player.

Reactions: McDoused

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I think if you pass on that dynamic of a player with that high of a ceiling then it really says something about your confidence in you coaching and player development systems. You can’t coach that kind of talent into a player.
Exactly. You can't teach natural talent.

McJesusSaves97

I see the light
May 17, 2015
Cowtown: Behind Enemy Lines
Chose Boqvist, but it probably only takes a couple teams to pass on Wahlstrom for him to fall to #10...he is lowkey who I am hoping for. The concussion + work ethic concerns with Boqvist impact my preference, but I understand that if all goes well with Boqvist and his development, he is exactly what we need.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If that other is still Ryan Merkley it most certainly does not
:)

I'm on a Lonely Island with my vote I guess... but i'll be singing I'm On A Boat and gloating about how much of A Boss I am when I get that pick right and everyone else's pick busts out of the NHL. :)

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Even though I have argued that Smith is being undervalued, I have a hard time passing up on elite skill. If Boqvist is as good as many claim it would be tough to pass on him.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Thinking the stars are aligned for the OIlers to be extremely high on Boqvist. Right handed shot, dynamic offensive D. Been desperate for this kind of guy in the org for a long time, and I see no problem with taking that chance. We have a solid guy in the org now for developing D prospects too with Yawney. Perhaps Coffey helps too.

Reactions: BoldNewLettuce

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Opened the results to be viewed. I imagined we'd see about a 70/30 split, but Boqvist really ran away with it more than I thought.

Cmon Oilers, don't be stupid if things fall this way.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Isn't Boqvist like, barely draft eligible?
The only reason I think teams pass on him is that he is probably another year away compared to his close peers.

Imo at the end of the day he will be the second best defender in the draft.

Heard his concussion is a big reason why as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad