hypothetical: Is it possible McDavid doesn't make the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
No, it is not at all possible nor in the least bit realistic that McDavid would be sent back to junior, regardless of how his camp performance is.

Reason being, he has absolutely nothing left to learn or gain from toying with the OHL as an 18 year old. It would literally be a wasted year.

Given that, the NHL is the only route that makes the slightest bit of common sense.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
They could send him to Zurich to play on a line with Austin Matthews that would be so good it'd rip a hole in the space/time continuum.

But no, there's no chance he doesn't make the team. If Draisaitl's better than him, he'd just take Ference's job.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Short answer: No.

Long answer: LOL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
brings down the quality of discussion and validity of this board. Simply an unnecessary thread. People giving honest responses, check yourselves.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Is this a serious thread? Just wondering since it was started by a leafs fan and I don't recognize many of the posters in it.

hawks889

Jul 6, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta,
Is it possible Bigfoot exists , is it possible that the Loch Ness Monster lurks in Scotland, sure its possible, but lets be realistic , on all these questions in this thread NOOOOOOOO

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Of course it is possible. No roster slot is guaranteed until the final roster is announced. Anything can happen. It is not likely that he fails to make the cut, though.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
OK 1st off not meant to be any sort of put down. Just a "Is it at all possible?"
So lets say McDavid has an OK camp but L.D has an AMAZING camp like 2.0ppg camp. Is there any way that any other prospect can keep McDavid out of the line up? or is it a case of no matter what happens McDavid is on the big club?

let me guess

You are a Maple Leaf--hoping the oilers send him to the OHL and McDavid demands a trade to the leafs?

hawks889

Jul 6, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta,
let me guess

You are a Maple Leaf--hoping the oilers send him to the OHL and McDavid demands a trade to the leafs?

Exactly, i guess leaf fans can dream, but when was the last time a 1st overall draft pick did not make the team in his 1st year, and let alone a supposed generational talent similar in hype to Mario, Lindros, or Crosby. There's a reason he has been compared to such talents and to suggest that he could be sent down to junior is basically a troll thread.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
OK 1st off not meant to be any sort of put down. Just a "Is it at all possible?"
So lets say McDavid has an OK camp but L.D has an AMAZING camp like 2.0ppg camp. Is there any way that any other prospect can keep McDavid out of the line up? or is it a case of no matter what happens McDavid is on the big club?

To answer your questions: Yes, I think it's hypothetically possible.

If McDavid were to have a terrible camp from here on out, and then look terrible and clearly not ready in the first 9 games of the season, then yes I believe he'd be sent back.

And to the people who will reply that there is no way in hell this happens: No **** :laugh: The OP was asking about a hypothetical question, not the probability of it happening.

bobbyt 91*

let me guess

:facepalm: yea its all a conspiracy:help: It was a hypothetical question to see if the Oilers are going to run their franchise the same way.
OBV McDavid is NHL ready and way way too good for jr but IMO there should be allowances for players that play over the 9 games to be able to go to the AHL.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
:facepalm: yea its all a conspiracy:help: It was a hypothetical question to see if the Oilers are going to run their franchise the same way.
OBV McDavid is NHL ready and way way too good for jr but IMO there should be allowances for players that play over the 9 games to be able to go to the AHL.

oilers are not going to send him down

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Can we just shut this thread down. This may be the dumbest post ever.

McDavid could take a giant **** on Katz's dining room table and he'd still make the team.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
:laugh:

Too funny...I was thinking the same thing as I scrolled through it.

until the mods kill it we can have fun with the question

"What would it take for the oilers to send McJesus back to the OHL"?

he could be caught with a sheep in the middle of ice rink in WEM and he still would not be sent down

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
What do you mean "run their franchise the same way"? Are the Oilers in the habit of sending their first overall picks back to junior?

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Id be interested to know if the nhl would let connor change his name to lance bouma for a week,

"jesus did you see lance bouma ? hes amazing"

"do you mean the one in calgary or edmonton?"

"edmonton"

"so...you mean connor mcdavid?"

".....yes"

bobbyt 91*

What do you mean "run their franchise the same way"? Are the Oilers in the habit of sending their first overall picks back to junior?

no they play their new shiny toy no matter what(not saying McDavid isn't NHL capable)<trying to avoid incoming ****-storm

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I was actually nice and answered the OP's question perfectly and he didn't even acknowledge, so yeah, I think he's just here to argue and isn't looking for an actual answer.

Take a hike, bobby t!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad