Post-Game Talk: Hyman the only Leaf to show up as Leafs lose 8-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Now they are right back in the playoff bubble. Florida is right on our ass. Need another heater to get out of it.
The out of town scoreboard has been a disaster for the Leafs over the last few games. They stumble and everybody around them is getting points every night

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Three losses and one point of the last three games.
Good thing is the team is scoring close to 4 goals a game.
Goalie needs to be better.
If your team scores 4 goals a game, goalie needs to make some saves.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don't understand why Matthews got 3 minutes in the third when Tavares has been absolute trash. Can't skate, make a play or do anything. Ifyou want to send a message, staple Tavares to the bench for a full period and get the message across.

Andersen is garbage. Can't believe Keefe had to be so conciliatory towards him after his garbage display vs Edmonton. Tonight it should be made clear he torpedoed the team before they even had a chance.

Oddly enough I thought Ceci had some interesting offensive rushes this game. Had some flashes of offensive smoothness that maybe could have been his game had the Senators not ruined his development.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
If lilijgren and sandin are not replacing two of ceci/holl/marincin than there is a problem.

Play the youth. I'll be happier to take this type of loss seeing lilijgren and sandin learning from it and trying to improve rather than seeing Marincin/ceci/hollt (the past 4 games or so so not a huge sample size of suckage making the same dumb plays.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
xG were 4.14-2.65 us.

This

On average, the best team at limiting scoring chances gives up about 22 a game at 5v5. We gave up 18. Our goaltending was just next level garbage.

People can go on about our defence all game long, but every team gives up a lot of scoring chances a game. Your goalie needs to bail you out sometimes.
Even if you adjust for score effects, the XG's were 3.64 to 1.82. We outplayed them but Florida got saves.
Freddy owes this team 2 games. The Jets one and this one.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I was kinda hoping the Panthers put up a 10 spot just to put a couple of more exclamation points on this crap effort

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Missed the game due to travel. Looks like I should be glad I did.

WTF happened

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
So what the f*** is this team? The Babcock team? Or the first 20 game Keefe team?

It would be sooooooo leafs for that whole Keefe streak just being false hope. Once again. Over and over again. It never ends.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
So what the **** is this team? The Babcock team? Or the first 20 game Keefe team?

It would be sooooooo leafs for that whole Keefe streak just being false hope. Once again. Over and over again. It never ends.
Somewhere in between. Teams usually get a bump when they hire a new coach.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Andersen has fallen apart in big moments his entire NHL career. Maybe it's why he chokes away so many potential shutouts with meaningless bad goals late in the games, can't function once he becomes aware of the moment.
some people just don't have the ability to deal with pressure. No matter how talented Andersen is, he just doesn't seem to have it mentally

Mitch Matthews

Sep 13, 2019
So what the **** is this team? The Babcock team? Or the first 20 game Keefe team?

I think we are somewhere in the middle of the two - not that bad but also not that good, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad