Hyman/McAvoy & Wagner/Rielly hits Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Yes I did cheer - not because McAvoy got hurt, but because I was happy Hyman finished his check and that the Leafs were responding physically.

It was late hit worthy of a penalty but nothing more. Nobody around me was calling for Hyman's head or for him to be suspended.

I sat down and a guy commented that the hit was a bit late but McAvoy didn't defend himself.

Why should someone defend themselves from a late hit? That makes zero sense.

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
What section were you sitting in?

Let me just say - it's hilarious how Bruins fans won't accept that a Habs/Leafs fan was at a game in Boston and cheered on Hyman's hit. I've even received angry DM's about it. Or maybe it's that some can't believe no one had the nerve to say anything to me.

I was somewhere to the right of the Bruins goalie when the hit happened, in the lower bowl, up from the defensive zone faceoff circle. If I wanted to lie I could just look up the seating layout and make something up.

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
Why should someone defend themselves from a late hit? That makes zero sense.

Late hit or not, it isn't wise to just stand there and let another player steamroll you. Maybe he genuinely didn't see Hyman coming - I don't know. It was a late hit for sure, worthy of a penalty but not a suspension in my opinion.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Just like Hyman.

Was wagner's hit retaliation for that terrible hit by Hyman?

Was Hymans hit was in retaliation for the terrible crosscheck from behind by McAvoy?

Round and round we go. 2 hits that were boarderline, let's move on. Anyone calling for a suspension is out to lunch.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
The context of Hyman's hit was that he was still angry at McAvoy for pushing over Marner in the first 15 seconds of the game. It was predatory as ****, there is simply no denying it.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
simply funny that you dont seem to care yet know Wagner was head hunting
You can quote me if you are going to refer to me :laugh: I think Wagner was going for his head. I didn't say I knew anything, I think he was going for his head....Rielly saw him in time and was able to brace for it. He didn't catch him in the head so it doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad