Hyman/McAvoy & Wagner/Rielly hits Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Didn't McAvoy try to headsmash marner into the boards in the first 30 secs of the game?

His penalized cross-check? Yeah what does that have to do with Hyman’s late hit on McAvoy?

Fact stands if this happened to a Leaf freshly back from a concussion this place would be going nuts.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Didn't McAvoy try to headsmash marner into the boards in the first 30 secs of the game?

It was a light push on a little flower-in-the-wind. But I guess it was enough for Marner to pack it in and play scared for the rest of the game.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
His penalized cross-check? Yeah what does that have to do with Hyman’s late hit on McAvoy?

Fact stands if this happened to a Leaf freshly back from a concussion this place would be going nuts.

For sure, but I'm bringing that up in defense to "Wagner did it to retaliate". Same logic can be applied to Hyman?

I think Wagner's hit could have been a lot worse had Rielly not dodged it. Only difference is McAvoy was looking off into space 1.5 secs after making a pass.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
For sure, but I'm bringing that up in defense to "Wagner did it to retaliate". Same logic can be applied to Hyman?

I think Wagner's hit could have been a lot worse had Rielly not dodged it. Only difference is McAvoy was looking off into space 1.5 secs after making a pass.

Wagner’s was 100% an emotional retaliation. It could have been a lot harder if Reilly didn’t peel off at the last second. But I also can’t say for sure if his intention was to hit anywhere but the body, but I’d say it was for sure charging.

Hyman’s hit was 100% intended as a late hit. He’s staring at McAvoy the whole time. His intention was to hit regardless of when he got rid of the puck. Some people are saying a hit to the head but I haven’t seen an angle that really shows where he was actually hit. Maybe it was retaliation too.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Rielly tried to do something but he got wrapped up quick.

C'mon, he got "wrapped up" by Nyqvist of all people. He skated in hard from the point, but had already started gliding before he got "wrapped up."

If Reilly really wanted to do something, he certainly could have gotten free from from Gustav Nyqvist.

Reactions: FanSince72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad