Hyman/McAvoy & Wagner/Rielly hits Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Slightly late, but right in the chest, not high, not blind side (although McAvoy wasnt looking). No suspension IMO.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Eh, if that's eye for an eye, which I agree it is, it's also entirely the fault of the refs who proceeded to make it worse by making another phantom call.
Maybe, I just think it's the type of old school mentality that the NHL is trying to phase out. It's a really weak and gutless move, especially a fringe NHL'er on a borderline star player.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Does anyone have video of Matt Grzelcyk's clipping major on Hyman on the same play? CBC didn't show it.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
It was slightly late. 2 minute interference.

Not sure why this is a thread this happens literally every game.

Reactions: Kurtz

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Did his head hit the boards? Would explain the concussion protocol, because the hit was late but not a headshot.

Possibly? I couldn’t tell. He seemed visibly shaken up which worries me considering it’s his second game back after a month away with a concussion.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Maybe late, but there's absolutely nothing else wrong with it. What's the precedent for interference? 5 if the guy gets injured, rarely do you ever seen any suspension based on interference alone.

I dunno... the clips damn sure look like there was an elbow in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad