Injury Report: Hyman knee-on-knee (Update May 10: Back at practice)

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Good news for Zach, that could have turned out so much worse; hopefully he takes the proper amount of time & rest to comeback without any setbacks.

Whether or not he's back in 2 weeks, game 1 of playoffs, or a little later, the Leafs are more than capable of beating every team in the North & if they're a legit contender they'll do it; they'll need to pickup the slack though. For the time being, the Nick Foligno addition just became that much more important.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'm happy about this

Hyman being the person he is would suggest he will move heaven and earth to get back so he can help the team in the playoffs, it might be to soon but you know as he will give it his all

On a human level I'm really happy for him, the guy is going to get a new contract soon and dodging a major injury can only help his long term financial future

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Woo! Hockey gods looking out.
He'll be fresh come playoff time.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
upload_2021-4-19_21-8-36.png

Hopefully Simmonds gets to have a word with Edler by the end of the month.

weren't they talking that the other divisions will probably start the playoffs, before the north due to the canucks schedule?
That would be greasy, I hope they'd start them at the same time to be fair; even if that means overlapping the regular season & playoffs (once/if Calgary & Vancouver are officially eliminated).

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Sprained seems like good news. Did Edler get suspended?

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
This news is about as positive as one could expect under the circumstances. They are going to need all hands on deck when the playoffs roll around.

As much as the injury isn't good news, who knows? Maybe time off during the hectic schedule will help him reset other nicks and bruises, especially based on the way he plays.

There must be a number of battered players working through this intense schedule.

Reactions: Lumberg

Mar 26, 2010
The Vancouver Canuck organization is a pile of trash. I hate that team and fan base.

Edler has no class. Hopefully Simmonds takes care of him on the 29th when the Leafs play them at home in Toronto.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Just in time for the playoffs. The extra LTIR can be used to bring andersen back early.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
2 weeks Minimum.

Google says these things take 6 weeks to heal.

So he'll be back for the playoff but most def not 100%

f*** Edler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad