Injury Report: Hyman knee-on-knee (Update May 10: Back at practice)

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
That was also the time the team was in the process of getting Babcock fired. Basing his performance on points those first few games isn't the strongest argument.

Context is important.

I stated that all the experts maintain that you need to play in games to get up to game speed, and simply practicing isn't enough to do so.

You stated that the last time Hyman came back from a knee injury, he came "roaring back". I showed you that that was simply not true.

There's no need to create excuses and to call those excuses "context".

Reactions: Cobra777 and Jmo89

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I stated that all the experts maintain that you need to play in games to get up to game speed, and simply practicing isn't enough to do so.

You stated that the last time Hyman came back from a knee injury, he came "roaring back". I showed you that that was simply not true.

There's no need to create excuses and to call those excuses "context".

You didn't even know he missed games, so spare me your spreadsheet driven observations of how well he played in his return. The consensus was that he came back "without missing a beat"

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
You didn't even know he missed games, so spare me your spreadsheet driven observations of how well he played in his return. The consensus was that he came back "without missing a beat"

I was aware he missed games, I was just puzzled by your statement that he came roaring back when he clearly struggled out of the gate, as any player would in his situation...

If you don't trust "spreadsheets" (I didn't realize simply pointing out goals and assists by month qualified as spreadsheets, but ok), could you point out whose "consensus" you were relying on?

Reactions: Jmo89

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
Hope there's no rust and he can continue where he left off. He's been skating for the most part, and it's only been a few weeks so it should be alright methinks.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Love how people's opinions of players is more important than their performance. You are right - he did exactly what he was brought here to do. No idea what the other poster is talking about......headscratchingly uninformed post. Seems to be a long-term pattern there.

Ironic, I guess you don’t remember when Ben Harpur got a pre-season game, played well, was praised by Babcock and rewarded with another game, only instead of judging him on his play a little pack of posters acted like petulant children, cracking stupid jokes about his size and whining constantly about him based on opinion, not his play. You were one of the ringleaders, so you see the irony of trying to act superior now when someone else does it.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Ironic, I guess you don’t remember when Ben Harpur got a pre-season game, played well, was praised by Babcock and rewarded with another game, only instead of judging him on his play a little pack of posters acted like petulant children, cracking stupid jokes about his size and whining constantly about him based on opinion, not his play. You were one of the ringleaders, so you see the irony of trying to act superior now when someone else does it.
huh? Harpur was never good. If earning one extra preseason game before being dropped from the roster is your proof that he was beyond criticism at the time, it isn't very convincing

Reactions: LFCTML

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
But you're also seeing more forwards participating in the defense of the club. And Marner is starting to get some shooting to his game, while maybe not the strongest, with everyone focused on Matthews, does give him a good luck at the net at times.
Yep, fake to Matthews, shoot top shelf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->