Injury Report: Hyman knee-on-knee (Update May 10: Back at practice)

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax

So I guess we'll get some sort of update later tonight

Somebody also pointed out that Zach Hyman's right foot was not completely planted when contact was made, which is another very good sign; you can see from the hit that almost all of his weight was planted on his left leg.

Reactions: HellasLEAF

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Hey guys. John Shannon was on Oilers Now (Our lunch time Oilers show) with Bob Stauffer

he said Hyman asked to go back intot he game last night, but they wanted to be cautious.

He also said he would not be surprised to see Hyman in tomorrow night.

You guys can relax a little :)

Don't shoot the messenger. That is what Shannon said

Thanks, much appreciated.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I think he's going to be ok. It looks like his right leg wasn't planted. Regardless, I want Sabourin dressed for Tuesday's game so at least he'll go after any neantherdals who will be tempted to hurt any of our other stars. We already know that Simmonds doesn't seem to think that is part of his game any longer.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Hey guys. John Shannon was on Oilers Now (Our lunch time Oilers show) with Bob Stauffer

he said Hyman asked to go back intot he game last night, but they wanted to be cautious.

He also said he would not be surprised to see Hyman in tomorrow night.

You guys can relax a little :)

Don't shoot the messenger. That is what Shannon said

Appreciate you dude!

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I think he's going to be ok. It looks like his right leg wasn't planted. Regardless, I want Sabourin dressed for Tuesday's game so at least he'll go after any neantherdals who will be tempted to hurt any of our other stars. We already know that Simmonds doesn't seem to think that is part of his game any longer.

I think that in general Sabourin and others should get a game or two before the end of the season in order to rest some players regardless. Not necessarily to fight, but certainly he can choose to do so if anyone takes liberties from now until the end of the year.

Get Sandin into a game, Hutton and whomever they can put in the lineup. It keeps everyone fresh and motivated.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
2 games for maybe taking a guy out for the rest of the year, this is just punishment NHL? :skeptic:

Even if you suspend him for life, it's a nobody player on the verge of retirement playing for a team that isn't making the playoffs. You could suspend their whole team for this and all it would do is give them a better pick.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver

"The good news is, Dreger says that early reports are that it’s not as bad as it might have appeared. While the injury looked severe on Sunday and that Hyman was in clear pain, it sounds like things could have been much worse and that a tear isn’t believed to have occurred."

(Caveat: It's Dreger)

Thanks, fingers crossed! Added this to the OP

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
2 games for maybe taking a guy out for the rest of the year, this is just punishment NHL? :skeptic:

Well hopefully it isn't too bad. We'll probably know today sometime?

If its the rest of the season then no the punishment wouldn't be enough... but unfortunately that's the world we live in.

Rarely does the punishment actually fit the crime.

DcW

Feb 27, 2018
It kills me the lack of reaction from the team. Should have been some kind of reaction on the play. Edler was tossed I get that. Someone needs to address him the next game (Hyman may do it himself if he’s back)

I understand the game has changed and it’s not the early 90’s. I’m looking for engagement. Show you aren’t going to just sit back. Johnny T is repeatedly getting knocked around by the Thachuk brothers and never see any response. If it’s deflating to watch for us, it’s got to be deflating for them too.
Momentum and playing with a purpose are real things. Imagine if there was a response right away. Few guys after Edler, big scrum ensues. Next face off someone takes a big run back, another scrum, maybe a scrap? The energy lifts, everyone hits an extra gear, plays a bit harder, hungrier. Does the outcome of the game change? I think so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad