Dreger: Hyman’s Agent given permission to speak with other teams

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
So you havent seem him play before. Gotchya. He doesnt hit the hurt, he hits to get the puck. Which is why alot of the nhl hits these days.

No its clear you haven't seen him play. I'm not dissing Hyman's play by any means but it's absolutely fair to say Hyman hasn't been a physical force since the Washigton Series.

"Hit to hurt" "Hit to get the puck"....lol shit doesn't matter. He barely hits at all. As I said, he's not a physically imposing player like a Josh Anderson for example. Because he's asking for Josh Anderson, if not more, type of money.

He's very good at retrieving pucks using his stick checking abilities.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No its clear you haven't seen him play. I'm not dissing Hyman's play by any means but it's absolutely fair to say Hyman hasn't been a physical force since the Washigton Series.

"Hit to hurt" "Hit to get the puck"....lol shit doesn't matter. He barely hits at all. As I said, he's not a physically imposing player like a Josh Anderson for example. Because he's asking for Josh Anderson, if not more, type of money.

He's not getting 5.5 million Anderson type money. Unless it's an idiot GM

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I just want him to sign with the Habs so I can hear the teeth clenching in the GTA...

lol you can have him. Hyman played the way he did cuz he played with Tavares/Mathews/Marner/Nylander.

He's not putting up the same numbers playing for any other team. That contract gonna be albatross

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
lol you can have him. Hyman played the way he did cuz he played with Tavares/Mathews/Marner/Nylander.

He's not putting up the same numbers playing for any other team. That contract gonna be albatross
For 3x3 and nothing more. He's not even as good as Armia.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
If hyman is leaving Toronto it's not going to be for a 4-5 year deal. Zach is getting 6-7 years at close to 6 million per. Love this player and will miss him but it's the smart move to let him go. This contract will be bad after 3 years. Good luck Zach :thumbu:
Isn't he like a $4.5-5M player? Seems like a big overpayment... and yeah, he won't age well, at all.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Isn't he like a $4.5-5M player? Seems like a big overpayment... and yeah, he won't age well, at all.
That’s what he should be payed but he will get overpaid for sure. It’s the multiple injuries he’s been accumulating the last few years and the hard miles on his body already that will make this contract get bad quick. Hard worker and good skater but all for not when he’s injured which is happening more

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Big fan of Hyman, really am but to pay him anything over 5m and then give him a 8 year contract is a mistake waiting to happen in year 4 onwards.

Nothing will upset fans more watching him on a top line grinding away and getting a glorious chance to score just to miss or fumble the puck.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
To be honest, the Clarkson deal was pretty much horrific from day one.
Agreed, I mocked it from day one. But Hyman's 2nd half of his contract could be almost as bad. He's 29, he gets injured every year and when his speed goes and/or his body breaks down, then you're basically paying a lot of money for a 3rd/4th liner.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008

true he doesn't hit hard but he's plenty physical in the corners he constantly butt-ends people under their arms so they can't use their stick and he's pretty rough at slamming his knees into people to pin them against the boards, and guessing probably everything else you can get away with in the corners because whenever there's a scrum after the whistle it's 50% chance it's someone upset at Hyman

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Did the Leafs even offer him anything? if they did and it was somewhere around 4X5 he would be stupid not to take it, he may get more money but I will bet it will be with a team who is not really a real contender

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Good luck zach.
Uggggh that rumoured ask is ugly. No way the leafs should even think about that

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Where are all the Leafs fan who were saying th guy would sign @ discount cause his folks are rich, and that he'd get 3M$ X 8years??? ROFL

They're probably at the same place as that guy that ranted endlessly about how Erik Johnson wasn't going to waive his NMC for the expansion draft.

It's too bad no one in this forum knows anyone like that though!

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
As an Oiler fan, i'm fine if it's a 3 -4 year deal max at 5 - 6 million. Anything more than 4 years..no thanks.

Reactions: MessierII

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
I think whoever signs him will overpay and give too much term. I'm also assuming he gets 6M on the open market. 5M or less would be reasonable but for some reason he give me David Clarkson vibes

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
I think whoever signs him will overpay and give too much term. I'm also assuming he gets 6M on the open market. 5M or less would be reasonable but for some reason he give me David Clarkson vibes
Think your right as I wouldn't be surprised if Hyman is viewing this contract as the last chance to hit a "home run" and get max term & cash.

Sure, he may be good for the first 2 - 4 years. After that, however, the contract could easily become a nightmare cap wise for the team that is paying him.

Reactions: KidLine93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad