Dreger: Hyman’s Agent given permission to speak with other teams

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Are the LeAfs going to have any players left? They’re losing all their hardest to play against forwards.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Are the LeAfs going to have any players left? They’re losing all their hardest to play against forwards.

Hyman hasn't been hard to play against for years now. He just skates and works hard

Im sure the Leafs have players they're targeting that's going to be cheaper version of hyman

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Hyman hasn't been hard to play against for years now. He just skates and works hard

Im sure the Leafs have players they're targeting that's going to be cheaper version of hyman

Granted I didn’t watch much of the Leafs this season, but it appeared at least to my neutral eye, that Hyman was one of their best players in the series against the Canadiens.

Reactions: spot and Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

You mean like Jumbo and Simmonds. Ya that really replaces what Hyman contributes. Landiskog maybe?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Granted I didn’t watch much of the Leafs this season, but it appeared at least to my neutral eye, that Hyman was one of their best players in the series against the Canadiens.

He actually wasn't. Huge disappointment granted he wasn't the biggest one in the series. He just didn't look the same after the injury

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
You mean like Jumbo and Simmonds. Ya that really replaces what Hyman contributes. Landiskog maybe?

Wtf are you talking about. Joe Thornton isn't even coming back and Wayne Simmonds has zero correlation with Hyman

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Will call it (already)!! This contract won’t age well. Nothing against hyman, he’s good but $5M x 6-8yrs is hefty! The guy played with matthews. The oilers could pair him with mcjesus and may get the same type of value as leafs did.

Not sure what kind of cap space the Oilers are working with, but Hyman might be very good for them.

Leafs? They just don't have the cap space to fit him unfortunately :(

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

Isnt hard to play against? Ask any dman who is defending his forcheck.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Doing anything to win. Very likely the GM that signs him will not be there for the entire length of the contract.

I get that to some degree, but a Hyman deal over 5 could look bad within 2-3 years not just 6 or 7. As soon as he can't win puck battles at the same level he can now he's not a top 6 forward. I think there's a decent chance he's going to be considered an albatros within the tenure of the GM who signs him.

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I’m speechless at the notion of this.

If a GM did this, I would question checking him into a psych ward.

8 frigan years.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
If Detroit signs him, it'll be plain as day why they did it: to keep Dylan Larkin happy. It was pretty clear that he wasn't happy with Mantha getting traded away, and he might be even more unhappy when Bertuzzi gets moved. They have to give him something.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
The Canucks have ZERO cap space to do anything this off season....
And when it comes to buy-outs... I BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT!

GM Armchair

Dec 16, 2019

You get what you pay for. Might as well go after the other nylander brother. Seems to fit the squad they are building in Toronto.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Why would you trade for his rights? He hit's free agency anyways. He's already denied home town discount type deals. So why trade so you can negotiate with him sooner? So he can tell you that he's going to free agency anyways and test the market just like he's told the Leafs?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I guess my definition of hard to play against means actually physically imposing. Hyman isn't an overly physical player at all. Shy's away from finishing checks and doesn't have a mean streak at all.

So you havent seem him play before. Gotchya. He doesnt hit the hurt, he hits to get the puck. Which is why alot of the nhl hits these days.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
You get what you pay for. Might as well go after the other nylander brother. Seems to fit the squad they are building in Toronto.

lmao Dubas Has Acquired and/or signed Jake Muzzin, Nick Foligno, Wayne Simmonds, Zach Bogosian, TJ Brodie, Kyle Clifford, Ben Hutton just in the span of 2 years.

We definitely still a soft team but Dubas is trying to fix that. I'm sure he's gonna try to the same this off-season. We've already been linked to guys like Coleman, Bertuzzi and Oleksiak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad