Waived: Hutch Waived

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Leafs gave up their 2020 5th round pick to acquire Hutchinson from Florida, and I would be surprised if any team claimed Hutchinson for free today.

Its almost like Florida knowingly gave Leafs a boat anchor to help drag them down in this years head to head playoff race.

Head to Head Hutchinson gave up 4 goals in an 8-4 Florida win, and gave up 4 goals including 3 in the 3rd for a 3rd period collapse in a 5-3 Panthers win.. Hutchinson delivering on return of 4 points for his former team against them in this years playoff race.

If the final results are Florida is IN and Leafs are OUT then that would have been a successful sabotage and they will have our draft pick as salt in the wound as a double whammy.

Lets hope :crossfing it doesn't come to this and despite the boat anchor, Leafs prevail and beat out the Panthers for that #3 playoff spot in the Atlantic.

This is freaking brilliant!

Whom do we sue???

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
Leafs gave up their 2020 5th round pick to acquire Hutchinson from Florida, and I would be surprised if any team claimed Hutchinson for free today.

Its almost like Florida knowingly gave Leafs a boat anchor to help drag them down in this years head to head playoff race.

Head to Head Hutchinson gave up 4 goals in an 8-4 Florida win, and gave up 4 goals including 3 in the 3rd for a 3rd period collapse in a 5-3 Panthers win.. Hutchinson delivering on return of 4 points for his former team against them in this years playoff race.

If the final results are Florida is IN and Leafs are OUT then that would have been a successful sabotage and they will have our draft pick as salt in the wound as a double whammy.

Lets hope :crossfing it doesn't come to this and despite the boat anchor, Leafs prevail and beat out the Panthers for that #3 playoff spot in the Atlantic.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Didn’t think he was a world beater when he came over but also didn’t expect the sheer incompetence we observed on so many occasions. In a way he’s lucky to have even gotten a second chance when Keefe came on but he really didn’t deserve it. Kind of curious where his next assignment will be. Ricoh Coliseum doesn’t quite seem far enough away...

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

If you dig a little deeper Mess, you’ll also notice that he was a Bruins draft pick too. I refuse to believe in coincidences. Definitely a plant...

Reactions: uncleben

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
We hardly knew ye.

I blame myself, I missed posting the last GDT that he started in. I was unbeaten to that point on Hutchinson games. I went to make it and saw that Warden of the North beat me to it. ... wu...wait.....

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
He did not work out but he wore our uniform and served Leaf Nation for a time, however brief. I hope someone takes him and it works out for him. I don't think we want him on the Marlies taking games from kids so this could end badly for him.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If you dig a little deeper Mess, you’ll also notice that he was a Bruins draft pick too. I refuse to believe in coincidences. Definitely a plant...
Yup Hutch was an inside job. :)

Too bad we couldn't sniff this out in the preseason as his 4-9-1 record on those 10 losses on his record this year cost the Leafs 19 of a possible 20 points in the standings.

Even if he was a .500 backup and posted a 6-6-2 record Leafs would have an additional 5 points and a little more breathing room.

Hutch is the #1 reason Leafs are scrapping for a playoff spot.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Waived? Okay. I would have preferred shot from a cannon, but...
This just in!
giphy.gif

Reactions: Havoc

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

And a 3rd (at least, unless its a 2nd) to get Hutch's replacement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad