HUT Thread ; Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxOPPNOOBZxx

#ProduceForKing
Mar 24, 2012
Ontario
So finally bought this game yesterday, finally downloaded today. Played it before, never owned the game though. Decided to buy one of those Player Premium Pack, because I had money in my PSN for me to buy a pack. :laugh: Anyways got these guys, Hjalmarsson, Goodrow, Neauvirth, Gudas, Michaelek, Howard, Palmieri, Lee, Josi, Landeskog, Morris and Boyle.

Lines are now

Landeskog (Looking for Jets jersey)- Little - Cole (Jets)
Palat - Boyle - Panik
Marron - Thompson - Palmieri
Foligno - Strome (Sabres) - Stewart

Staal - Michalek
Hjalmarsson - Gudas
Josi - Ellis

Howard
Neauvirth

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I usually target players like Bobrovsky, Kesler, McDonagh, and Benn. They seem to be good for a few thousand coin fluctuation with each promo. For instance, last promo I bought 3 Keslers for 20k apiece and sold them all a day or two later for 25k. If I had the patience to wait another day or two, I would've gotten a couple thousand more apiece.

I also have my go-to player for flipping purposes, but I once told a certain Nashville moderator about him and he undercut my business.

Hey now, I have done no undercutting. I just pick up the scraps you miss when you are more focused on Madden or something. If it makes you feel any better I still haven't sold all the ones I bought when we were chatting. The ones I did sell I bought promo packs with to try and pull the TOTW Ovi, Z, or Parise. I got a TOTW Schenn.

WingedWheel1988

The Captain
Jan 29, 2013
Columbus, OH
I did Edmonton Collection yesterday and After I got Hall for around 118, everything else was dirt cheap.

What did I get from it? Nothing :(

Oh well, each time I do a collection I seem to sell back to the market for slight profit (5-10k total) so I can't complain.

I have done:

Buf, Cgy, Car, Cbj, Dal, Edm, NJ, STL, SJ, Tor, Van, Wpg for collections now, who is worth doing next? Ottawa and Philly look to be the next two cheapest? (besides Arizona/FLA which I'll do when I'm bored this weekend too)..

I just want to pull one of the big names from the teams I have left that I can't afford.. haha

Hawkeye71980

Sep 15, 2009
New Brunswick
Your donw some higher priced team already than Philly or Ottawa.

I believe OTT is the next cheapest and only Karlsson is expensive (around 45k on PS3)

MsuSpartans

Jan 6, 2014
This game can be so frustrating at times. I have a 2-1 win loss record but get out time on attacked in every single game. Every other game I get doubled up. Nobody skates forward without an open lane and I like to sit back and play D so it's never open...

cheap77

Go Kings!
Mar 19, 2011
My highest rated is 89 but that's way better than the days of all 88s. I finally spent my coins when they ultimate pack was out.

Side note: I liken division 1 and 2 like UFC red belt and black belt. In ufc I can do well in black belt either staying put or advancing but then red belt just hands me my ass. That's kinda like division 1. Three losses and you're done for the title. That's brutal.

I hate the higher divisions. Seems everyone knows how to get this 100% goals and constantly abuse it. I had way more fun back in D10 - D7

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
So yeah I'm 20-7-3 using a quick sell team on my 2nd account. 2 losses from me playing as the goalie and one i left because it was too laggy. Yesterday I beat a guy, sounded like a grown man on his microphone that had 200-300 record, and he had Stamkos, Crosby, Bure, Doughty, etc. not everyone takes the game seriously, and maybe he shares the account with his kid or something. Fun to play in lower divisions against people that aren't try hards. Gonna see if i can win a tournament with scrubs, 1-0 so far.

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
This game can be so frustrating at times. I have a 2-1 win loss record but get out time on attacked in every single game. Every other game I get doubled up. Nobody skates forward without an open lane and I like to sit back and play D so it's never open...

I'm like you only bad at defense, I just seem to scrape by. While its satisfying to beat those guys, it just gets... Boring... How easily amused does someone need to be to find the same exploits entertaining after hundreds of games? Then again, some people like golf, so I guess everyone's different. I just wish the game was balanced better so that there werent these easy goals every game :/ Like, the bacon slapper, though I dont see it as often anymore. They aren't 'glitch' goals, the goalie animations are just programmed terribly.

cheap77

Go Kings!
Mar 19, 2011
This game isn't hockey in the higher divisions. Not even close. Just a bunch of glitchers that never pass or do anything other than skate in circles until they can get a short side snipe goal. It's a ****ing joke. :shakehead

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
If you restart your club, can you do collections again? Division 1 is no fun, but I did enjoy the early parts of this game. I won't carry over a stacked team, all my best players are untradeable and it's not fair anyway.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey

Same thing with me. Everyone I play sits in the corner for half a period just waiting for an opportunity yet when I go on attack, I do a quickstrike offense because I have fast players like Kessel and Hall who can snipe but I dont do that bad im 75-31-10 in D2 about to be D1. But the best is getting complaints after games saying "I have double the TOA, I shouldve won"

No you have double TOA cause you do circles in the corner

Domrie

go crazy [PS4]
Jun 18, 2012
I love it when I give up the first goal and they double watch the replay.

Then I score 8 unanswered goals and double watch everything to make it a 8-1 game.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Hey gang! Anyone know/think that Nate McKinnon will be getting either a milestone or hut live card for reaching 100 career points? I have a few Movember cards of him and Nyquist (both seem to bad investments so far) just wondering what people's opinions are!

Anyone have interest in Mov Getzlaf? He's about to get a milestone card for 200 career goals I believe.

Also watch out for people trying to scam you with a 50k glitch involving jersey trades or anything similar to that!

I've seen comments like this before and I keep meaning to ask, does a Mov card's ranking change to the milestone ranking if the player gets a milestone card? I'm really confused :laugh:

reillysmith38

Dec 22, 2013
I love it when I give up the first goal and they double watch the replay.

Then I score 8 unanswered goals and double watch everything to make it a 8-1 game.

I always get the urge to make everyone watch my goal replays after they feel like they have to watch their first goal scored.

I feel more inclined to do so when they have their mic on and are trash talking me the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad