HUT Thread ; Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheap77

Go Kings!
Mar 19, 2011
This isn't the EA forums we don't trash on other peoples teams....

Needs more speed up front. How many coins do you have.

I currently have 45,000 but I'd like to remain around 30,000 so I can grab one of those 35k packs when they come out.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I currently have 45,000 but I'd like to remain around 30,000 so I can grab one of those 35k packs when they come out.

I would recommend not buying packs, I speak from experience :laugh::shakehead, but if that's what your into go for it. I would just recommend getting guys with more speed and shooting rather then defense and stuff.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I think I legitimately hate everyone I have run into playing online for one reason or another.

This last game I just played, he was ahead by 1 in the 3rd and with one minute left just kates around in his zone. and the whole game he was just skating around holding the protect the puck button. Why do people do this?!

A kid I ran into earlier was mad that I beat him and said I was scoring glitch goals on him. Mind you, I dont even know how to score glitch goals.
Then he tells me that I shouldnt be on xbox I should be in the kitchen making him dinner.
And to get back down on my knees where I belong.
Then said girls cant play because they are too sensitive. Which was funny, since he was the one freaking over a loss.

I lost a bit of faith in humanity.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Video game messaging is the last place to go if you hope to have faith in the human race. In 4 or whatever years of XBL, I think I've gotten no more than 2 nice-ish messages from opponents I didn't know ahead of time.

Ususally I dont get any messages.
I thought his messages were pretty funny because he was just so ignorant.
But at the same time, it is sad that people still say those things.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
My messages this year consist of "what do you want for Stamkos", "no goalie interference? lol", "lol ice tilt", and "lol go practice your tie ups and rebound glitch (gay slur)". Whenever a message begins with "lol" I know it's going to be a good one.

cheap77

Go Kings!
Mar 19, 2011
I would recommend not buying packs, I speak from experience :laugh::shakehead, but if that's what your into go for it. I would just recommend getting guys with more speed and shooting rather then defense and stuff.

I kinda want to test my luck on the packs again. Last pack of that I bought, I got a suter. I know most packs suck, but it's fun to open them and get pissed off.

Who would you recommend getting and were would I slot them in on my lines?

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
**** this bs game holy **** I get a phantom goalie interference with Parise right as he ties it are you serious such a ****in joke.

This is generally how I sound during every game.

oh my god. I was playing one earlier and a guy passed to his guy offsides and he tried to fight me after. I didn't go for it and somehow it ended up 4 v 4. I was like WHAT THE **** DID I DO?!

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
New TOTW out and a Brodeur card... I open a 60k pack and get no player above 85 overall or worth 1k in value

Okay EA. I've opened so many packs over the years and I get one decent card. :laugh: I'm convinced those who have all these amazing pulls spend only money :laugh:

StylesClashLSU

Dec 25, 2013
Courtney I'm surprised you're a female. Even with the name. So kudos for putting up with even more **** than most people online.

StylesClashLSU

Dec 25, 2013
Can someone please explain how to score in this game? I have over 200 games played and I still score one or less goals per game. It doesn't seem to matter who I add to my team or the amount of shots I get which is usually in the high 20's or low 30's. Quality of chances don't seem to matter. I just don't understand it.

It seems other teams have no trouble at all scoring against me.

Parise - Kopitar - Carter
Ryan - Thornton - Gaborik
Backes - M.Richards - Callahan
Vanek - Koviu - Pominville

Vlassic - Green
bouwmeester - Wisneski
Giordano - Johnson

Quick
Varlomov

Top 3 forward line are LA team
4th line is Minnesota

Top line defense is LA

Goalie both LA.

I'd like that team. Kinda jealous. Mostly parise Kopi and quick

StylesClashLSU

Dec 25, 2013
The many many ways to score.

1) Skate down the wing, do a 180 at the corner, walk into the slot, snipe short side.

2) Cross Crease passing one timers.

3) Shoot low for rebound on the far side and hope a winger picks it up. (NHL 13 was the way to go)

4) Cycle the puck to the point, get an opening and slapshot to the corners, top and bottom, with a screen in front, or shoot for deflection.

5) Find a way to curl in the front of the net and just roof it backhand after you skate pass the goalie.

6) Take random slapshots from anywhere on the ice.

7) Get lucky and pass it off the goalie/defenseman in for a goal.

One thing I like to do is, to not watch the player I have controlling the puck. I can see with my peripheral vision, the movements of the players around on the ice. This allows me to see openings all over the ice and really allows me to cycle the puck for a very long time. This does mean that I am prone to getting laid out by the opponent if I'm not careful enough.

But seriously, the short side wrister is the easiest way to score.

This is my team:
E. Kane - Johansen - Gaborik
Lucic - Krejci - Voracek
Cammalleri - Thornton - Burns
Marchand - Kelly - Eriksson

Ekman Larsson - Staal
McDonagh - Faulk
Hedman - Myers

Hiller
Mason

Currently 75-11, Swept division 1, top 100ish versus player on X1.

Hell of a record. Wish you could teach me. Lol

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Are there any players in particular whose value usually drops when there is a special pack out but pops back up once it is gone?

I usually target players like Bobrovsky, Kesler, McDonagh, and Benn. They seem to be good for a few thousand coin fluctuation with each promo. For instance, last promo I bought 3 Keslers for 20k apiece and sold them all a day or two later for 25k. If I had the patience to wait another day or two, I would've gotten a couple thousand more apiece.

I also have my go-to player for flipping purposes, but I once told a certain Nashville moderator about him and he undercut my business.

Domrie

go crazy [PS4]
Jun 18, 2012
"You're the first player I've ever played that actually dumps the puck.... and it works".

That's what the guy I was playing told me :laugh:

cheap77

Go Kings!
Mar 19, 2011
I'd like that team. Kinda jealous. Mostly parise Kopi and quick

I got a Suter out of a pack and after finishing the minnesota collection, I sold him so I could buy Quick. Parise and Kopitar were just from saving up forever. That 2x happy our they have sure helped a lot.

StylesClashLSU

Dec 25, 2013
I got a Suter out of a pack and after finishing the minnesota collection, I sold him so I could buy Quick. Parise and Kopitar were just from saving up forever. That 2x happy our they have sure helped a lot.

My highest rated is 89 but that's way better than the days of all 88s. I finally spent my coins when they ultimate pack was out.

Side note: I liken division 1 and 2 like UFC red belt and black belt. In ufc I can do well in black belt either staying put or advancing but then red belt just hands me my ass. That's kinda like division 1. Three losses and you're done for the title. That's brutal.

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
Hey gang! Anyone know/think that Nate McKinnon will be getting either a milestone or hut live card for reaching 100 career points? I have a few Movember cards of him and Nyquist (both seem to bad investments so far) just wondering what people's opinions are!

Anyone have interest in Mov Getzlaf? He's about to get a milestone card for 200 career goals I believe.

Also watch out for people trying to scam you with a 50k glitch involving jersey trades or anything similar to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad