Hockey Ultimate Team: HUT Thread, Part 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Yeah !!

And the pack luck goes on... Decided to open one last 8750 pack before going to bed... I pulled D. Keith, P. Sharp and E. Kane all in the same pack! Woww!

1187122.gif

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
As i posted in the afternoon, the euopean release date is the 12th, but I managed to persuade the dude at gamestop to hand out a copy 2 days before:laugh:

Well, super pumped to start up this HUT thing, the only problem is...no longpapers at home?!? :rant:

As for collection lending on hf, I would really appreciate if this will somehow work out. ON HUT14 on XBOX360, I've lent to a good amount of people on hf(around 40 I'd say), and I got scammed once, by a big assed duchenebag...but I guess I know much better who to trust after all these months. The scam took place in november and I think i created this account in october, so one month in I didnt really know who to trust. Still made a good 5-10 Million pucks through lending, which i'm still thankful for @ everyboy(you know who you are;))

I know the lending kind of sucks for HUT15, but I think it would be pretty cool to get some kind of lending ring goin. Maybe one of us also gets very lucky opening the untradeable packs...

Off to the nightshop now getting those papes, prolly posting my ****** team from the starter pack later on. No free packs due to XBOX360->PS4 :cry:

Id totally be open and willing to start a lending ring. Great idea.

Best way I found is post a contract/scrub and offer trade you can do 4 players a time that way.

Right now the best players I got are Kopitar/Benn/E Staal.

The expensive ones are always the *****.

I'm dying to get my hands on a Chara/Bergeron.

Tomorrow I'll post what teams I have most from and who.

Then we can work towards filling them out.

Anyone else interested in joining for the One?

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
I got Tyler Seguin in a returning bonus pack and Max Pac in my hut ultimate bonus :) I am 5-0 so far, this game is awesome

Draisaitl

Dude, where's Makar?
Oct 18, 2013
Berlin
giphy.com
deke spam deke spam deke spam.....70+ dekes a game.....no team play...no passing...just deke deke deke....This is the worst one of them all for deke spammers.

Through the leggs is amazing, and I feel like the new windmills are the way to go. Neither have I played online yet (No PS+), nor VS mode offline (no 2nd controller ffs!), so maybe I cant tell how annoying the deeking will be, but so far I definitely like it.

:tvhappy:

how does some German TV crap end up as a gif on hf, insane! That guy is pretty cool though for TV standards...

Id totally be open and willing to start a lending ring. Great idea.

Best way I found is post a contract/scrub and offer trade you can do 4 players a time that way.

Right now the best players I got are Kopitar/Benn/E Staal.

The expensive ones are always the *****.

I'm dying to get my hands on a Chara/Bergeron.

Tomorrow I'll post what teams I have most from and who.

Then we can work towards filling them out.

Anyone else interested in joining for the One?

I'd totally be down for it, the only problem is that I changed teams to PS4. But to me it feels like its pretty much 50:50 on hf when it comes to console wars.

I got Tyler Seguin in a returning bonus pack and Max Pac in my hut ultimate bonus :) I am 5-0 so far, this game is awesome

So far this game is awesome to me too. Its 6:47 AM and I dont feel tired at all cuz I received Tyson Barrie from a super generous member on here. huge thanks once again!

My lineup is almost postable, haha...

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
My team so far, got a pre-order bonus pack + ultimate edition. Played 3 games, lost my first one and just won one 9-0:

Perron - Hanzal - Bourque
Foligno - Strome - JT Brown
Ryan Jones - Hendricks - Scrub
Scrub - B. Jones - Scrub

Martin - Stralman
Wiercioch - Klein
scrub - scrub

Johnson
scrub

Sold Hertl for like 3K, a Perron for 3.2K. So I've got about 6.5K pucks.

Draisaitl

Dude, where's Makar?
Oct 18, 2013
Berlin
giphy.com
After thinking that building a HUT team on day one is more important than resting, I ended up with 2 hours of sleep....

this is what my team looks like right now: (1 starter pack+ 1 pre-order pack(tradeable!!!)+3 games played+playing the market with barely any pucks+a nice dude on here sending me some players(Barrie+, insane!))

Haula - Perreault - B.Boyle
Korpikoski - Mitchell - Wilson
McLeod - Talbot - Beagle
Vey - Kennedy - Boll

Hejda - Barrie
Martin - Gudbranson
Benoit - Redmond

Giguere
bronze back up

Definitely needs some work here and there, but with a few more games played I can try and go for amazing players like Kadri, Barkov or O'Money!

MacKinnon and Duchene seem so far, but I'll get them eventually, not worried at all...more worried about prices for totw/toty/etc. players that will follow:cry:

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Collection lending just isn't worth it this year.

It's better for the HUT community if we just flip cards on the market to make profits.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Collection lending just isn't worth it this year.

It's better for the HUT community if we just flip cards on the market to make profits.

Aside from the teams where you get 12 packs, collection lending is a huge waste of time this year.

People exploiting it "ruined" it for everybody else I suppose.

The packs you get would cost what? 9K pucks. You can't sell them, and what you get in packs go down significantly in actual value as the months go on and card deflate.

It's just not worth the time. Playing the market is more efficient.

HUT is like real life, once you have a nice base of currency, it becomes very very very easy to increase it. The more coins you have, the faster and easier you can increase your coins.

Per example, players being sold will often fluctuate in price. With a player that sells for either 1000, or 1200, this fluctuation is very little. If you bought at 1000 and sold at 1200 you'd only make 80 pucks.

If you have a million pucks and can afford to buy players in the 6 figure range and there is one that you nab at 100k, and then sell for 120k, you just made 8k pucks with minimal work.

Continue that line of thought all the way through more expensive players. Last year on the PS3, Gretzky seemed to go for between 300k to 350k at one point. Meaning, if you bought on at 300k because the person listed at a bad time or went with the low value for buy it now, and flipped it for 350k, that's an easy 20k pucks.

And so on....

MattyB79

Feb 26, 2013
Well I've opened 19 packs so far. 12 were from playing last year. 2 from the HUT Edition and I bought 5 jumbo.

The only buzzworthy pulls I have had were Tavares and Wisnewski. I will probably end up selling Tavares as I make my expensive quest towards Crosby, but for now im 2-0-0 with no goals against.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
So somehow I ended up with a player i dont remember buying and it costed me double what he was worth (Giordano, worth 5k, somehow ended up with him for 8k)..... there goes my current team that i was trying to build

bozybo

Aug 28, 2012
Do you guys think that pucks will have more value this year because of the fact lending is a no go?
Or will prices go back up to where they were last year?

Last edited:

PegCityJets9

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
twitter.com
Spending real money on hut makes me feel ******.

I feel the same way. Makes me feel less accomplished.

This list of players has gotten me to 7-0. I got all players either from pre order packs or the Auction House:

Coyle, Gionta, Elias, Scheifele, Brunner, Frolik, Klingberg, Zach smith, Bolig, Spergeon, Trouba, Fistric, Jackman, Gudbrandson

can't remember the other 4 skaters.

Lindback in net.

Definitely looking to complete the Jets collection at some point.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Do you guys think that pucks will have more value this year because of the fact lending is a no go?
Or will prices go back up to where they were last year?

Market prices are always crazy first week. Theyll get to a point of stability.

Game first comes out people buy up a ton of packs or open whatever packs they got and can sell..market floods..

That whole new shiny feeling wears off and market thins out..prices inflate..

Sell sell sell.

Packs go on sale or theres a deal...market floods prices go down..

Such is HUT life. Keep a mental note or notebook of price averages for players you like or see often or just top guys and anytime you browse the market keep that in mind. Buy low sell high.

Sucks because soooo many cheap fast players are 1-2k pucks on the One right now. Anyone can build a pretty solid like 83-87ov team with 85+speed for like 12k pucks right now. Everyone is going to have pretty solid teams by the end of the week or already do.

I need to snag someone solid for cheap and get my puck count high myself so I can really start making money.

Not willing to sell Kopitar Benn or E Staal yet. Wait for market collapse first.

Last edited:

polassonde

Oct 26, 2013
Played the market a lot... and I also have been lucky with packs.

Here's my lineup so far :

P. Sharp - J. Staal - B. Ryan
M. Lucic - K. Turris - M. Boedker
T. Vanek - C. Smith - E. Kane
R. O'Reilly - B. Schenn - V. Nichushkin

D. Keith - E. Karlsson
D. Hamuis - J. Wisniewski
N. Hjalmarsson - J. Trouba

B. Elliot
C. Anderson

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I know it seems no one wants to do collections this year cause they cant basically cheat the system and get a ****tons of pucks but I'd like to get some collections going and some packs for it. Just to have more to do.

So if anyone on the Xbox One wants to start something to trade/lend so we can get some packs let me know. My tag is BruinsFTW.

We can post what teams to work on, how many players we have for each so far, which top guys we have for them..

I have Kopitar and J Benn so that will help since theyre about 100k each.

Have E Staal as well.

If I get any interest from people that want to get something started I'll make a new thread we can use and post how many players I got for what teams. Think most I have is 5-7 for some.

Lemme know guys and I'll put up a thread.

The packs have been pretty solid so far so why the hell not go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad