HUT Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquid swords

bring the ruckus
Apr 17, 2006
buffalo
uhhh did anyone else see that user "Victorious" said he has spent $800+ on HUT this year to get players? please tell me you mean pucks?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Dear god, 800?

I think at most over a year i spend like maybe 100 (I don't have to this year, thanks returning user bonus :D)

Like usually a couple packs is enough to give you a solid core or at the least it gives you stuff to sell which you can then turn it into whatever you see fit....why the hell would you spend that much?

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Hey guys got a couple questions about the HUT Online season (trying to write an online trophy guide) and my internet here isn't the greatest for playing online matches (tend to lose my connection alot). Whats the difference between the League title, Playoff Championship, and conference title?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
God and i thought i spending 100 over a year was overkill :S

Thankfully i have more important things to buy like school books....and alcohol >_>

On topic: Shattenkirk has been very underwhelming

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Just completed the Lethbridge Hurricanes collection (WHL), I do like the idea of trading collections for another one. I'm on XBOX.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd recommend bouwmeister or bogosion. both are good dmen that i've used with success

Oh man that pairing was money for me in '13

Couldn't produce for **** on offense but they were shut down caliber on D

Right now my D looks like:

Garrison/Shattenkirk
Girodano/Schenn
Tyutin/Michalek

That pairing would slot in perfectly

nerdybeard

Oct 1, 2011
Oakland, CA
Tempted to sell my Howard pre-promo pack and pick up a young'n to pump up.. anyone else unsatisfied with their 87+ ovr goalies that are worth like 60k+ pucks??

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
On topic: Shattenkirk has been very underwhelming

This was my impression of him last year (I actually owned the SOTW Shatty) and I kind of stayed away from him this year because of that. Same goes with Pacioretty and Derek Stepan. I thought Stepan might be better this year since his OVR is higher, but plays just like he did last year.

Love my D this year:

Suter-Yandle (C)
McDonagh-Bogosian
Hedman-Carlson

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This was my impression of him last year (I actually owned the SOTW Shatty) and I kind of stayed away from him this year because of that. Same goes with Pacioretty and Derek Stepan. I thought Stepan might be better this year since his OVR is higher, but plays just like he did last year.

Yeah for a guy with an 87 SKT rating, dudes seem to blow right past him.

I had him last year too and i seem to recall him being servicable...but then again he was on my 3rd pairing, which is why i can't fathom why he's worth 25K

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
About to finish 2 more collections

Abbotsford - done
Milwaukee - done
Iowa - 2 more players (Kuemper and Medvec)
Worcester - 1 more player (Comrie)

I'm on the PS3. If anyone wants to borrow the collections for pucks (to be negotiated) or to swap for another collection temporarily to get both parties a bonus reward

If interested let me know

Also for the goalies, Niemi is my man. Funny thing about him is he makes incredible saves on tough shots but lets the easy ones in...

Silky Mittenz

Sep 26, 2013
Oh man that pairing was money for me in '13

Couldn't produce for **** on offense but they were shut down caliber on D

Right now my D looks like:

Garrison/Shattenkirk
Girodano/Schenn
Tyutin/Michalek

That pairing would slot in perfectly

Hedman and Bogosion is my best d pairing by far this year, I feel like Hedman plays much better then his ovr

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Like everyone else I like Bogosian. Another guy that I haven't seen mentioned is Hamhuis. He's been my top guy for a while and I'm very happy with him.

Kylington

Slim Shady
Jan 17, 2013
Guys!!!! what is up with Brandon Saad?!?!

I traded in my ps3 for Xbox to play with friends, and pulled this kid from my gold jumbo package. He's a f**king beast! He feels untouchable, nothing except for a clear open ice hit sits him down. He's way faster than the stats say! Currently my top scorer with 19 goals in 14 games. Closest to him is Matt Read with 12. If you haven't you should try him out!

Also got Bernier and way better than Cam Ward that i had on my Ps3 account.

Awesome thread btw, glad i found it! Cheers my lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad