Value of: Huska to highest bidder, a la carte or package, pls make all offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Same reason you have to make sure that you are going to get what you are paying for and the guy you choose is going to bring the mail. It's not a good year to speculate on unknown commodities. COVID could hit any starter and put him out of commission unexpectedly. There's never been a better year to run a 1-1A plan and you're going to want a guy who can take about 10 starts in a row coming out of the bullpen without a problem.

but as that analogy rates here, we have more than enough depth to deal Huska.
Only need 1 team to bite on cheap insurance.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Until someone shows me a photo of Bern and Phil Esposito in the same place, I will always assume that Bern is actually Trader Phil. Espo was the closest thing this league has actually seen to the "creative genius" that is Bern.

You are way too kind here, serious or not, but thanks all the same for the kind compliment.

The irony is I always thought Espo was super overrated, preferred Rattelle and to this day hate Cat Francis for that trade.

He was no genius as a GM either.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'm sorry but Huska's not going to get any NHL games unless all the other Rangers goalies go down to injury. He had a so-so college career and his first full year in the AHL wasn't terrible but it wasn't good either. This guy hasn't shown me he has any real future. Allaire can tutor him but he's still the one who has to stop the puck and .894 would have been fine in the 1980's but it isn't now. I'm not sure he'd make our top 30 prospects.

I fully agree.
Do you concede just 1 other club might buy if cheap enuf?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
You are way too kind here, serious or not, but thanks all the same for the kind compliment.

The irony is I always thought Espo was super overrated, preferred Rattelle and to this day hate Cat Francis for that trade.

He was no genius as a GM either.
I don't want to bust your bubble Bern, but the comparison was not based on your net front presence...

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I fully agree.
Do you concede just 1 other club might buy if cheap enuf?

As a rule I'm almost always against conceding on anything :) without an argument or a fight. But I really don't think anyone is going to be interested in Huska until at least he can show he's a top notch AHL goalie. He hasn't shown that---so no I really don't think there is a team out there interested in him to give us anything really worthwhile. At best his value is a 7th rounder.

Reactions: Ciao

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Rest of NHL:
iu

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but our AHL affiliation has their own goaltending coach, and it's not Allaire. Talbot worked with Allaire after attending training camp where Allaire wanted him called up.

Reactions: themelkman

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rest of NHL:
iu

Aww, why did you have to do this false narrative, an offer I could refuse?

Anyhoo, I see your Michael Corleone --- not too shabby --- but I raise you an Arthur Kirkland!

And if you/people don't get that reference, all I can say is something is wrong, really really really wrong.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Aww, why did you have to do this false narrative, an offer I could refuse?

Anyhoo, I see your Michael Corleone --- not too shabby --- but I raise you an Arthur Kirkland!

And if you/people don't get that reference, all I can say is something is wrong, really really really wrong.
iu

Reactions: bernmeister

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
He is a hidden gem.
More like a buried treasure that nobody want to waste their time digging up.

Hey boys i got this garbage goalie that will never make the NHL and would be around 10th in your goalie depth chart.. How about a draft pick for him.

Reactions: Ciao

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
If the Leafs , like most other teams, weren't already stocked with their own goaltending prospects (Joseph Woll and Ian Scott) and as many AHL and EHCL goaltenders than they can play at once, they might offer a non-roster player like Kristians Rubins. He is a European defenceman who, like Huska, doesn't need to clear waivers and is a real longshot to ever become a starter in the NHL.

I think you're looking at a minor league deal here, Bern, not a swap of second- and third-round draft picks.

Every other team has their own Huska already, if not two or three of them.

Last edited:

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Huska off an injury filled season wouldn't bring back more than a 6th. No reason to deal him. Let him play in the AHL if that season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad