Value of: Huska to highest bidder, a la carte or package, pls make all offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Huska might return a 7th if another team likes him.

huska + 3 for a 2nd is laughable

Reactions: Ciao

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Frankly, all goales in Hartford not named Shestyorkin struggled last season. I'm not counting out Huska from having NHL backup potential down the road, but right now you're looking at a 7th round pick or a project prospect of similar value.

Thus there's no sense in trading him. If he starts out well in Zvolen this year they can bring him back to Hartford. If he contiues to struggle they can loan him to Europe all season and decide weather to qualify him next summer or not.

Odd thread.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Bern with another gem ? I guessing his/her mother never loved him/her enough as a child and he/she will take attention even if it’s negative.

Of course I am joking like this thread is a joke so keeping with the theme. Neal 1 million retained

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Huska has not done a lot, but he is dirt cheap, and has studied under a master.

Benoit Allaire is no *master.* His brother, Francois Allaire is the one that gained the huge reputation for his work with Patrick Roy and Jean Sebastian Giguere.

You grossly exaggerate Allaire's resume like you grossly exaggerate Huska's trade value.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Habs managed to move a dime-a-dozen goalie prospect Hayden Hawkey for a 5th round pick a couple of years ago so I don't know, maybe someone might actually like Huska and trade a late round pick for him. But no GM would ever be stupid enough to even consider moving a 2nd rounder to get him.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Benoit Allaire is no *master.* His brother, Francois Allaire is the one that gained the huge reputation for his work with Patrick Roy and Jean Sebastian Giguere.

You grossly exaggerate Allaire's resume like you grossly exaggerate Huska's trade value.

Frankie's accomplishments do not diminish those of his brother. Success may vary, but pretty much most NYR Gs do well.

As to Huska's value, upgrading from a 3rd to a 2nd with conditioners for insurance is not excessive.

And if timing is not right, we can still give him a few games cup o coffee, showcase and see who will bite.

I'm just willing to do a deal now. We typically do draft/sign a guy or 2 every year-ish, and moving Huska will keep that assembly line in order.

But no urgency to do that immediately.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
He should’ve been added in the Staal to Detroit deal. NY just may have been able to keep that 2021 2nd.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Huska might return a 7th if another team likes him.

huska + 3 for a 2nd is laughable

Agree to disagree.

Frankly, all goales in Hartford not named Shestyorkin struggled last season. I'm not counting out Huska from having NHL backup potential down the road, but right now you're looking at a 7th round pick or a project prospect of similar value.

Thus there's no sense in trading him. If he starts out well in Zvolen this year they can bring him back to Hartford. If he contiues to struggle they can loan him to Europe all season and decide weather to qualify him next summer or not.

Odd thread.
Constructive feedback, thank you.
Overlooks one thing.
Some teams need a guy esp at a cheap price.
If his stock goes up, so does his price.
Doesn't pay to move him for the 5th or so he is worth in a vacuum.

But as a sweetener in a bigger deal, or to flip, it could be possible to the right team.

Bern with another gem ? I guessing his/her mother never loved him/her enough as a child and he/she will take attention even if it’s negative.

Of course I am joking like this thread is a joke so keeping with the theme. Neal 1 million retained

Your entire post is a rude joke.
You don't even have to be the weakest link.
goodbye!

Habs managed to move a dime-a-dozen goalie prospect Hayden Hawkey for a 5th round pick a couple of years ago so I don't know, maybe someone might actually like Huska and trade a late round pick for him. But no GM would ever be stupid enough to even consider moving a 2nd rounder to get him.
In a vacuum I see a 5th-ish, but if that's the case, it could mean
add w/a 4th to get a 3rd
or
add w/a 3rd to get a 2nd

Just emphasizing I did not say 2nd alone.

He should’ve been added in the Staal to Detroit deal. NY just may have been able to keep that 2021 2nd.
No.
That would have required a Georgiev level return.
Huska is not there.
And there is no guarantee he quite gets there.
But he may be a serviceable, elc cheap stopgap for a handful of teams now.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

SML2

Jan 1, 2018

Much respect to your Avatar, but Benoit Allaire has done some impressive work turning no names into pretty good Goalies behind Lundqvist.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
There's truly known commodity Goaltenders falling all over the place this offseason. I don't know why anyone would give up anything for an unproven guy right now.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
There's truly known commodity Goaltenders falling all over the place this offseason. I don't know why anyone would give up anything for an unproven guy right now.

Agree, but the known commodity guys are all gonna be more expensive than an elc, right?
We are in a flat cap construct.
Lot's of teams have to pinch every penny and that is not counting those who also have an internal real cap.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Agree to disagree.

Overlooks one thing.

But as a sweetener in a bigger deal, or to flip, it could be possible to the right team.

goodbye!

add w/a 4th to get a 3rd
or
add w/a 3rd to get a 2nd

No.
Huska is not there.
Sarcasm my friend.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
So, Jets can ask for a first plus an add for Berdin then? I mean he can outscore most goalies.
Always good to know...

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Agree to disagree.

Overlooks one thing.

goodbye!

add w/a 4th to get a 3rd
or
add w/a 3rd to get a 2nd

No.
Huska is not there.

As for my comments being a rude joke I guess maybe a little . Was meant to be rude but more funny but I can see your point after the fact so I apologize for that . Actually I think for the amount of abuse you get you stay pretty level headed . As for some of your post I just find they always lopsided in NYR favour. I get it you want your team to become contenders. I want my Oilers to contend too but we had Chia that set us back 5years .

I will show myself out now but will add good luck with your team rebuild . NYR has some nice looking pieces

Reactions: bernmeister

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Agree, but the known commodity guys are all gonna be more expensive than an elc, right?
We are in a flat cap construct.
Lot's of teams have to pinch every penny and that is not counting those who also have an internal real cap.
Same reason you have to make sure that you are going to get what you are paying for and the guy you choose is going to bring the mail. It's not a good year to speculate on unknown commodities. COVID could hit any starter and put him out of commission unexpectedly. There's never been a better year to run a 1-1A plan and you're going to want a guy who can take about 10 starts in a row coming out of the bullpen without a problem.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Agree to disagree.

Overlooks one thing.

goodbye!

add w/a 4th to get a 3rd
or
add w/a 3rd to get a 2nd

No.
Huska is not there.
Until someone shows me a photo of Bern and Phil Esposito in the same place, I will always assume that Bern is actually Trader Phil. Espo was the closest thing this league has actually seen to the "creative genius" that is Bern.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Frankie's accomplishments do not diminish those of his brother. Success may vary, but pretty much most NYR Gs do well.

As to Huska's value, upgrading from a 3rd to a 2nd with conditioners for insurance is not excessive.

And if timing is not right, we can still give him a few games cup o coffee, showcase and see who will bite.

I'm just willing to do a deal now. We typically do draft/sign a guy or 2 every year-ish, and moving Huska will keep that assembly line in order.

But no urgency to do that immediately.

I'm sorry but Huska's not going to get any NHL games unless all the other Rangers goalies go down to injury. He had a so-so college career and his first full year in the AHL wasn't terrible but it wasn't good either. This guy hasn't shown me he has any real future. Allaire can tutor him but he's still the one who has to stop the puck and .894 would have been fine in the 1980's but it isn't now. I'm not sure he'd make our top 30 prospects.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I'm sorry but Huska's not going to get any NHL games unless all the other Rangers goalies go down to injury. He had a so-so college career and his first full year in the AHL wasn't terrible but it wasn't good either. This guy hasn't shown me he has any real future. Allaire can tutor him but he's still the one who has to stop the puck and .894 would have been fine in the 1980's but it isn't now. I'm not sure he'd make our top 30 prospects.
.894 is Grant Fuhr numbers in the 80's. He might win a Vezina if he can find a way on to the 84 Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad