Value of: Huska to highest bidder, a la carte or package, pls make all offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers blessed in some areas, e.g., at goalie.
Have G guru Benoit Allaire to coach.
On his advice, we drafted Lindbom early 2nd round [30 something] and after a less than smooth start, he's starting to kick it.

Wall projects as Shesty's backup down the road unless Lindy takes that away from him.
We have Shesty backed by Hank at the varsity level.

I expect Geo to fetch a 2nd, and have been saying DET is landing spot I see, and with the Staal deal, I see increased possible mutual backscratch. So consider Geo out.

Odd man out is Huska. Ordinary, and green by NHL standards but seems to have had enough work to challenge for an NHL backup job now.

What are the bids, separately or in a package?
If we are talking only picks it could be
Huska + 3rd + (presumably smaller) conditional pick
for
2nd + (presumably larger) conditional pick
the conditions would be tied in to Huska performance.

something like that.

However, if a package
we are looking at the following possibilities:
Strome rfa, cut your own deal
Buch rfa 3.25 expiring
Deangelo, rfa cut your own deal, or pay more, NY will sign and trade 4 yrs, 6m per, and eat 1.5 per; for that, however, expect to add signif

obviously, you add to the package if you choose that door.
Obv, LaF, Kravtsov, Lindgren, K'Andre Miller, Morgan Barron are not available.

would a team like Chicago which we hear wants a cheap move on from Crawford be willing to do cheap [833,333 expires next season w/rfa] for swapping a 2nd down to a 3rd, with insurance on both sides?

All reasonable offers considered...

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Rangers blessed in some areas, e.g., at goalie.
Have G guru Benoit Allaire to coach.
On his advice, we drafted Lindbom early 2nd round [30 something] and after a less than smooth start, he's starting to kick it.

Wall projects as Shesty's backup down the road unless Lindy takes that away from him.
We have Shesty backed by Hank at the varsity level.

I expect Geo to fetch a 2nd, and have been saying DET is landing spot I see, and with the Staal deal, I see increased possible mutual backscratch. So consider Geo out.

Odd man out is Huska. Ordinary, and green by NHL standards but seems to have had enough work to challenge for an NHL backup job now.

What are the bids, separately or in a package?
If we are talking only picks it could be
Huska + 3rd + (presumably smaller) conditional pick
for
2nd + (presumably larger) conditional pick
the conditions would be tied in to Huska performance.

something like that.

However, if a package
we are looking at the following possibilities:
Strome rfa, cut your own deal
Buch rfa 3.25 expiring
Deangelo, rfa cut your own deal, or pay more, NY will sign and trade 4 yrs, 6m per, and eat 1.5 per; for that, however, expect to add signif

obviously, you add to the package if you choose that door.
Obv, LaF, Kravtsov, Lindgren, K'Andre Miller, Morgan Barron are not available.

would a team like Chicago which we hear wants a cheap move on from Crawford be willing to do cheap [833,333 expires next season w/rfa] for swapping a 2nd down to a 3rd, with insurance on both sides?

All reasonable offers considered...
You should move to Massachusetts Bern. If you could legally sell the stuff you smoke before you make proposals, you could be the Jack Daniels of weed.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Is this some sort of novelty account? From starting off with gushing praise over a backup in Sweden's second-highest league to believing an AHL replacement-level goalie is worth a bidding war, to grouping the probable first overall selection alongside someone named Morgan Barron as untouchables on the Rangers... this is, uh, just a very interesting post overall.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why does Huska have enough value to be worth anything in any capacity?

Some teams [we have seen CHI fans here outreaching for Geo and others] are looking for a cheap guy and will consider paying commensurate to his record -> demand.

Huska has not done a lot, but he is dirt cheap, and has studied under a master.

I did not consider moving from a 2nd down to a 3rd, with conditions to minimize long term risk, to be an expensive price.

A cheaper consolation given I expect Geo to be dealt to DET.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Some teams [we have seen CHI fans here outreaching for Geo and others] are looking for a cheap guy and will consider paying commensurate to his record -> demand.

Huska has not done a lot, but he is dirt cheap, and has studied under a master.

I did not consider moving from a 2nd down to a 3rd, with conditions to minimize long term risk, to be an expensive price.

A cheaper consolation given I expect Geo to be dealt to DET.
Bern, read my lips - No one wants a dime-a-dozen garbage goaltender like Huska. If you waived him he would clear with ease! No one would waste a contract on him even if he was free!

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Why didn't we get a 2nd for Mackenzie Skapski? The guy went 2-0 with a .5 GAA and 1 shutout. WTF happened to that guy?

Reactions: Morrison

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why didn't we get a 2nd for Mackenzie Skapski? The guy went 2-0 with a .5 GAA and 1 shutout. WTF happened to that guy?

They broke his spirit.
He played well enuf to stick in training camp after that great stint, but then was forced to go back to the A.
Then he got injured, and that was that.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern, read my lips - No one wants a dime-a-dozen garbage goaltender like Huska. If you waived him he would clear with ease! No one would waste a contract on him even if he was free!

I doubt it.
A freebie who studied under Allaire would not be of appeal to 80+% of clubs who have a settled netminder situation. Free or not, he'd be superfluous. But that still leaves a handful who would take him cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot