Waived: Hurricanes waive Marcus Kruger and Josh Jooris (cleared & assigned to AHL)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Why is Kruger taking so many O-zone starts for the Canes? Seems strange, he was always a guy who thrived on taking heavy D-zone starts and flipping the ice.

He's not when compared to other centers on Carolina. It's just that the Canes take more offensive zone faceoffs as a whole.

555hc0.png

MP7XYX8H5

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Come on we all know Bergevin is smart enough to wait for Kruger to be bought out.

That way he can re-sign him to an even worse contract. Bergevin loves his 4th line grinders after all!

Can't be more useless than Byron Froese.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Martin straight up for Kruger.

Kruger with higher cap, Martin with an extra year.

Canes don't care about the cap. Kruger's actual dollars were $1.475M this year (Chicago paid the bonus before the trade) and $2.3M next year.

Martin would cost the Canes $2.25M next year (same as Kruger) and an additional $1.75 the following year.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Canes don't care about the cap. Kruger's actual dollars were $1.475M this year (Chicago paid the bonus before the trade) and $2.3M next year.

Martin would cost the Canes $2.25M next year (same as Kruger) and an additional $1.75 the following year.
we'll give you the cash to pay the bonuses dw we got you

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Players on contracts like that never get claimed do they? I could see someone trading for Kruger but then salary would have to go the other way

Yeah. It's pretty typical to go down this path.

1) See if there are any takers on the trade market. None?
2) Waive them and see if anyone will take them for free. No?
3) Try to trade them with retention and/or with a contract coming back.
4) Send them to AHL or ride out the rest of the season and buy them out at the end of the season.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Some Rangers fans think we’re about to break Hfboards with a huge trade. Does that explain why Smith, Jooris, and Kruger were recently waived?

Which one of y’all has the crystal ball?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Players on contracts like that never get claimed do they? I could see someone trading for Kruger but then salary would have to go the other way

Colorado could make this one atypical because the team has open contract spots, it has the cap space, and if Kruger is still the player he was in Chicago, they could use him. So they could be interested in picking him up without having to send anyone the other way since Joe Colborne has ceased to exist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad