Waived: Hurricanes waive Marcus Kruger and Josh Jooris (cleared & assigned to AHL)

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
At least we wouldnt have given them Bowers, and what looks like a top 5 pick next year only to remain awful.

At least the Sens have some players and hope for the future with our players and prospects not unlike the Habs with Subban and Sergachev.

Oops!

Well I suppose the Habs have a couple 2nd line wingers in Drouin and Galchenyuk though so not everything is lost.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
At least the Sens have some players and hope for the future with our players and prospects not unlike the Habs with Subban and Sergachev.

Oops!

Well I suppose the Habs have a couple 2nd line wingers in Drouin and Galchenyuk though so not everything is lost.
Like who? Can't wait for the sens to gift the avs Hughes because of Dorion. I know Bergevin is awful too, but thank f*** we dont have Dorion. I also wouldn't be talking about the future when your only good player is leaving due to a cheap owner.

Reactions: le_sean

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Like who? Can't wait for the sens to gift the avs Hughes because of Dorion. I know Bergevin is awful too, but thank **** we dont have Dorion. I also wouldn't be talking about the future when your only good player is leaving due to a cheap owner.

Don’t worry, I’m sure the new owner in either Seattle or Quebec City will be willing to spend :laugh:

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Pretty sure we can get better then that if we're retaining 25% on Kruger. I'd rather have Marek Langhamer in all honesty with where the franchise is with goaltending, wouldn't mind having him be the #3 in the org next season.

This is a sentiment I see on here a lot, which I believe is wrong. Just because you're retaining money (i.e. hurting your team) doesn't mean that the player suddenly has value if their value was previously negative.

By waiving him and assigning him to the AHL the Canes have decided they would rather have 0.975M in cap space than Kruger, why would another team give up an asset to take him at ~2.25M?

Reactions: Skobel24

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Like who? Can't wait for the sens to gift the avs Hughes because of Dorion. I know Bergevin is awful too, but thank **** we dont have Dorion. I also wouldn't be talking about the future when your only good player is leaving due to a cheap owner.

Only good player ?

Lol. . Your bias is extremely obvious .

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
True from a cap POV, so it depends on cap situation of a team. The reason Kruger was enticing to Carolina is they didn't care about the Cap, only real money. Kruger's actual salary this year (Chicago paid his bonus before the trade) was $1.475M. Next year, it's $2.3M, which is still high for what he brings.

I agree though. Would require salary coming back and/or retention, particularly for any team that has cap concerns next year.

What would the cost of Kruger be to the Leafs you think? Apparently the Leafs want some insurance at centre.

Kruger not playing well because he isn't into Carolina or just seems to have regressed entirely?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->