Waived: Hurricanes waive Marcus Kruger and Josh Jooris (cleared & assigned to AHL)

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Thought Kruger played well for the Hawks while he was there, surprised it didn't work out in CAR.

I guess Darling brought his bad luck and spread it around.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Is Kruger still Kruger? Or has he declined a bit, Canes fans?

He was AHL caliber when he left the Hawks and I haven't seen much of a difference in my viewings this year.

He's a shot sponge, but can't do much else. There's some value in that I suppose for a PK starved team, but he still has another year after this one at 3M+

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
giphy.gif

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Jooris might get claimed.

Other 2 are just brutal contracts. I highly doubt any team wants to touch those.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
As an Avs fan I'd love for them to claim Kruger. Avs are currently by far the worst faceoff team in the NHL (44.4%. 2nd worst in the league is 47.2%). I think faceoff stats are a little overrated but you need somebody to be able to play situationally and take those draws when it matters. Also, Colorado has no cap issues whatsoever. They may even struggle to reach the floor next year. They're currently playing Dom Toninato in that 4th line centre role and he's doing a good job as a rookie but bringing in Kruger would allow Toni to develop a little better for the rest of the year in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->