Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
rLTtSJo.png

They need to fire whomever taught him to grip a handgun like that, tbh

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Mistake. Het got heavily out coached in these playoffs.

Ridiculous.

He's one of the very best coach of the new generation. He's already done an outstanding job in Carolina turning things around for this franchise that was going nowhere and missing the playoffs year after year.

He's a solid coach, has an elite background, also great at creating ties and relationships and has an immaculate reputation. When/if the Hurricanes need to turn the page, there will be a long list of suitors for this guy.

He's going to outlast a lot of coaches in this league and has the potential to end up having one of the best career combo as player/coach since along Jacques Lemaire.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I probably wouldn't argue against Brind'Amour not being the best tactician yet, though he's probably improved over his first three years. I wouldn't be surprised if he leans on his assistants for that to a certain extent. But I can't think of many coaches I'd rather have from the standpoint of motivation, building a culture, getting buy-in from players, and just pushing the right buttons most of the time. I can't think of too many better realistic coaching options that would be a better fit for the Canes.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Mistake. Het got heavily out coached in these playoffs.

Sir if coaches got fired/not extended for getting out-coached in the playoffs, then the likes of Trotz, Cooper, Quennville, etc. would be looking for work. Shit happens.

Bottom line, not even Maurice or Laviolette could get the Hurricanes franchise to 3 straight playoff appearances. First division title and first Jack Adams nominee since 2006. Players like him, he's a team and community legend. Letting him go would have been a bad look.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
He got out coached by Nashville's coach too, for 7 games.

The series was over in six, what are you even talking about?

Obvious troll is obvious

I mean you’re trolling, but I would love to hear you explain this one.

I'm wondering if they are including the last 2 games of the reg season in their 7 game sample size. Either way it's a bonehead post. The Canes rested players the last 2 games so throw those out the window.

During the series, Hynes and Nashville had a gameplan and they stuck to it. It worked to some degree but still came up short. Canes were also without their #1D in Slavin for half the series and other injuries. Saros saved their bacon a number of times. That's not being outcoached. Rod had a gameplan as well and it worked. Would we have preferred quicker results? Sure but we lost 2 overtime games. If the Canes big guns showed up mid series when it mattered then it could have been a sweep.

The biggest problem I think the Canes have is when they get into these high scoring racetrack type games. They always seem to blow them. It happened against the Leafs at the next generation game. It happened against the Bruins last year and it happened against Tampa in game 4 this year. I don't know if it's D, forwards or goalies but collectively the team tends to fall flat when it comes to these high scoring back and forth games where they have multiple leads. That needs to change because championship caliber teams don't do that. They lock things down when it gets down to the wire.

Either way, we all have confidence in Rod and his staff. There's gonna be some player personnel changeover this off-season but the core is clearly in place.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
LOL, what? Even after a meh season, Svechnikov is the top scorer in his draft class.

I've noticed a trend of some Russian fans hating on Svech (and I guess Rod by extension now), possibly because he left for NA so early in his career... Seen many make comments alluding to him being considered a NA player not a Russian player, unless it was just Tripp rubbing off on them, I don't know

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad