Prospect Info: Hurricanes select G Jacob Kucharski #197

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Definitely. The owner of Des Moines has this love affair going with Durney, which is fine. He's a talented goalie.

I'm hoping that Kooch gets traded to Youngstown. Only about a 90 minute drive from here.

This idiom becomes uncomfortable when coming from someone who actually has a legit inroad to inside intel.

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania
I went to the Des Moines game last night, which was played just outside of Pittsburgh in the developing suburb of Cranberry. Des Moines pounded the Chicago Steel, 10-5.

Kooch got the start, and while his stat line didn't look great, he made some nice saves. He finished with 22 saves on 27 shots. It seemed like he had at least 25 saves though. The scorekeeper may have missed a couple of rebounds, which can be tough to see without the aid of video replay. The first goal he surrendered was a snipe from the left circle. Two of the other goals he allowed were on 2-on-1's where he was pretty much helpless. The fourth goal was on a pileup in front of the net in which the puck somehow found its way accross the goaline.

Kooch looked focused and fluid, and he tracked the puck very well. All in all, it was a pretty sloppy game defensively from both teams, which is to be expected this early in the season.

There were seven of us that went to the game, including his advisor. We decided to grab a bite to eat at Primanti Bros. afterward. It was a relaxed setting, so I asked Kooch's advisor about what was happening on the trade front. He said that he's been in Des Moines' GM's ear about trading Kooch to a team that's going to use him as the #1 goalie. He's basically demanding it. He said he goes back a ways with this GM (I forget his name) and his relationship with him is good. Anyhow, he's trying to get a deal worked out with Youngstown. I stated earlier that that would be perfect, as Youngstown is only about a 90 minute drive from Erie. I guess the two sides are fairly close to getting something worked out. Youngstown offered a sixth round draft pick, but Des Moines wants something higher than that. They just need to meet in the middle somewhere. I'll add that Scott said he doesn't expect Kooch to be wearing a Des Moines sweater a week from now.

So that's what I have for now. I'll keep y'all updated when I hear more. Take care!

Last edited:

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I went to the Des Moines game last night, which was played just outside of Pittsburgh in the developing suburb of Cranberry. Des Moines pounded the Chicago Steel, 10-5.

Kooch got the start, and while his stat line didn't look great, he made some nice saves. He finished with 22 saves on 27 shots. It seemed like he had at least 25 saves though. The scorekeeper may have missed a couple of rebounds, which can be tough to see without the aid of video replay. The first goal he surrendered was a snipe from the left circle. Two of the other goals he allowed were on 2-on-1's where he was pretty much helpless. The fourth goal was on a pileup in front of the net in which the puck somehow found its way accross the goaline.

Kooch looked focused and fluid, and he tracked the puck very well. All in all, it was a pretty sloppy game defensively from both teams, which is to be expected this early in the season.

So that's what I have for now. I'll keep y'all updated when I hear more. Take care!

Mike. Thanks for the ongoing updates. I hope it works out so Kooch ends up in Youngstown. I will be watching their boxscores if he does.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Sorry, guys. I just found out Kooch is being traded to Omaha, not Youngstown like I was told. Not sure what happened. Maybe Omaha offered more for him. I will try to find out. It's probably better for him though, because Youngstown's team is terrible.
That's hockey. As you said Omaha probably came back last minute with a better offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad