Post-Game Talk (GBU): Hurricanes - Sabres 11.14.2019

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
How on earth do you have ERod taking d zone draws multiple times in OT and not put in Larsson (and then let him switch)?

Sinter Klaas

Aug 19, 2006
Making Lists
U: The Penalty Kill - Good for a goal against or two per game. Unacceptable. Too many passive players that are not willing to block shots, dig down in the trenches, hit, etc. that you need on a good PK. That is essentially a microcosm of this team.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
We need Botts to get off his hands and do something. He took all of last year to wait and see, he made some good moves in the offseason but we cant have another wait and see season. We have too many defenseman and not enough scoring, Theres talk of teams wanting E-Rod and Scandella, he needs to make a damn move, even if it's just a minor move, shake something up show the team we arent waiting and seeing again this year. Find out what Jersey wants for Hall, look at Winnipeg and Anaheim and see what they are willing to do for defense, everyone outside Dahlin and Joki should be available on defense, someone will have a middle 6 scoring option available.

Don't expect much. He's been punting for three years. One day, someday... maybe. Just wait. It's coming.... maybe.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
G:
Risto in beast mode all game
Olofsson 3 straight games with ES points
Lazar > Suckbotka and Vesey Leino
Joker
Montour
Erod in regulation
We got a point?

B:
Hutton
Eichel's body language all game
Faceoffs
Erod in OT

U:
Fluke goals against game after game
Refs boning us game after game
PK boning us game after game. CHANGE SOMETHING FFS.
Haven't won a game in nearly a month..feels like last year all over again
Risto in beast mode all game so refs take him off the ice.
Reinhart ejected/Johansson injured thus leading to Erod getting walked in OT

Reactions: Fearnot

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
We need Botts to get off his hands and do something. He took all of last year to wait and see, he made some good moves in the offseason but we cant have another wait and see season. We have too many defenseman and not enough scoring, Theres talk of teams wanting E-Rod and Scandella, he needs to make a damn move, even if it's just a minor move, shake something up show the team we arent waiting and seeing again this year. Find out what Jersey wants for Hall, look at Winnipeg and Anaheim and see what they are willing to do for defense, everyone outside Dahlin and Joki should be available on defense, someone will have a middle 6 scoring option available.

We have no cap flexibility at all. Any move Botts CAN likely move right now is probably nothing of any significance and won't alter our trajectory.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Don't expect much. He's been punting for three years. One day, someday... maybe. Just wait. It's coming.... maybe.

That's it though, he keeps kicking the can. Everyone knew last year Housley wasnt the answer and he refused to make a move until the offseason, where would the Blues be if they had that mindset? He should have made a coaching change the minute he found out Q was available. This year it's going to be the same thing "we will watch how the players work in Krugers system and evaluate at end of the season" I can hear it in my head already. Not saying Kruger is the problem and I think he is what we need at coach, just tired of the approach they are using. I dont give a damn if they trade Eichel at this point, they'd get a kings ransom and everyone would immediately understand they are expendable.

Sorry just venting because I'm tired of this crap, I dont know how Edmonton has done it for so long. I seriously have tried watching other teams but they all look better than us and theres no emotional investment with other teams. I think I should just stop watching hockey all together.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
We have no cap flexibility at all. Any move Botts CAN likely move right now is probably nothing of any significance and won't alter our trajectory.

That makes it all so much worse. Knowing we are at the cap and look this bad on a regular basis is infuriating.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That's it though, he keeps kicking the can. Everyone knew last year Housley wasnt the answer and he refused to make a move until the offseason, where would the Blues be if they had that mindset? He should have made a coaching change the minute he found out Q was available. This year it's going to be the same thing "we will watch how the players work in Krugers system and evaluate at end of the season" I can hear it in my head already. Not saying Kruger is the problem and I think he is what we need at coach, just tired of the approach they are using. I dont give a damn if they trade Eichel at this point, they'd get a kings ransom and everyone would immediately understand they are expendable.

Sorry just venting because I'm tired of this crap, I dont know how Edmonton has done it for so long. I seriously have tried watching other teams but they all look better than us and theres no emotional investment with other teams. I think I should just stop watching hockey all together.

The conversation about Krueger's system has already come to the surface with them retaining players who were drags on others like Sobotka and Scandella and Ristolainen last year. And then they acquired another poor choice at forward in Vesey, soaking up more cap space.

He's made this roster. He's given them two backup goalies, too many defensemen, a pop-gun offense that's lead by two outsized contracts. I'm still waiting for him to be the hockey mind we were told we were getting.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Could be worse. We could have the Leafs cap issues. At least all of our cap issues dissolve once the season ends.

Yes, and they have all of these guys percolating up from the minors to take those UFA's jobs and contribute. Wait. Shit.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Post-Game Report: 11/14 vs. Carolina

Posted on November 14, 2019 by Ian Ott | Leave a comment

Final Score
1st2nd3rdOTSOFinalSOG
Hurricanes
(11-7-1)
Sabres
(9-6-3)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Game Summary
Event Summary

Top Notes
  • With tonight’s goal, Jeff Skinner has scored in each of his four career games against his former club, totaling five goals and one assist in those contests.
  • Skinner’s plus-4 rating tonight tied a career high (previously: 3/30/11 vs. MTL and 10/20/18 at LAK).
  • Curtis Lazar, who made his Sabres debut tonight, scored on his first shot as a Sabre in the second period.
  • Lazar became the 56th player ever to score in his Sabres debut and the first since Kyle Okposo did so on Oct. 16, 2016 at Edmonton.
    • Jack Eichel and Zemgus Girgensons are the only other current Sabres who have scored in their debuts.
  • Evan Rodrigues, who assisted on Skinner’s goal, now has three points (1+2) and a plus-3 rating in four games against the Hurricanes since the beginning of last season.
  • Rasmus Dahlin appeared in his 100th NHL game tonight. His 56 career points (10+46) trail only Phil Housley (30+64) for the most by a Sabres defenseman through his first 100 games.
Tonight’s Goaltenders

Tonight’s Stats
TeamGoaltenderDecisionGASA
HurricanesMrazekW433
SabresHuttonOTL529
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Updated Season Stats
TeamGoaltenderRecordSV%GAA
HurricanesMrazek9-3-1.9042.62
SabresHutton6-3-2.9132.62
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Post-Game Audio
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Curtis Lazar
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres defenseman Henri Jokiharju
Hurricanes head coach Rod Brind’Amour
Hurricanes forward Andrei Svechnikov
Hurricanes forward Teuvo Teravainen
Hurricanes defenseman Dougie Hamilton

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Rodriguez played well and Joker that's about all I noticed from row 8 of the game. Eichel was absolutely terrible. The refs were equally as bad.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Hopefully a rejuvenated Erod Added to a healthy Mojo leads to a good 2nd line. Assuming they would be kept together.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Every single time I see Vesey on the ice he is shying away from contact, falling and not pressuring anything. He is useless and either doesn't wanna be here or doesn't have the urge to play hockey it seems. How can management not see that and simply call up ANYone hungry?? ASPLUND? Anything??

I agree, Vesey sucks balls.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Hopefully a rejuvenated Erod Added to a healthy Mojo leads to a good 2nd line. Assuming they would be kept together.

I'd almost want to put this version of E-Rod with Mitts. Keep Skinner and MoJo together. E-Rod with Mitts. Rotate Sheary and Vesey through those 2 lines until something fits.......or one of them gets hurt and we call up Tage?????

Reactions: joshjull

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Every single time I see Vesey on the ice he is shying away from contact, falling and not pressuring anything. He is useless and either doesn't wanna be here or doesn't have the urge to play hockey it seems. How can management not see that and simply call up ANYone hungry?? ASPLUND? Anything??
I blame his parents. Never name a kid Jimmy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad