Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Box Score
https://www.espn.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=401145327

upload_2019-11-14_22-2-44.png

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
For as bad as we have been, I didn't notice we were only 2 points out of 4th in the conference/ 2nd in Atlantic.

Dropping fast mind you but a chance to pick up some wins in these next 3 hopefully (better be).

Need better goaltending. Better special teams. Better out of our top guys. Just be better.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G
Skinner, Lazar, Joki
Scandella seemed ok
Mitts looked engaged

B
Eichel line didn't seem to get much going
Hutton
Special teams-specifically, the PP needs to stop trying to set up the perfect shot every time
Jimmy Vesey is a useless hockey player
Dahlin struggled again

U
Refs ruling that Risto getting tackled is a penalty on him and ignoring Skinner getting hooked off his skates

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
U : I’ve become so incredibly jaded against this team it feels like there’s no hope. This is 95% the same team as last season and the results are...the same.

If this is negatively affecting you it'd be healthy to take a break.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Good:
Third period
Lazar
Second line

Bad:
Hutton
PK
McCabe - Risto in pair
PP
Jack - Reino on one line
Coaching stuff need work better

Ugly:
7 lose in 8 games
Jason Botterill

Last edited:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
They showed heart after lazar goal.
Great effort skinner lazar mitts .. I thought erod was alright better than before but clueless didnt shoot on 2 on 1..shouldbt have been out there w two kids ot. Nearly got two points after looked like they gave up and played dead.

Lame effort til lazar goal.. Hutton definitely gets feasted on by good shooters.. Need to expect bad puck and ref luck..

Ugly ..result of last five.. Six..

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
For as bad as we have been, I didn't notice we were only 2 points out of 4th in the conference/ 2nd in Atlantic.

Dropping fast mind you but a chance to pick up some wins in these next 3 hopefully (better be).

Need better goaltending. Better special teams. Better out of our top guys. Just be better.

We were pretty positive like this in December and January of last year, then it took until games 81 and 82 for back to back regulation wins...

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Beating Ottawa, Chicago and Minnesota wont be satisfying, losing to them will be absolutely demoralizing.

How do we rise above this brand of hockey and start beating good teams with satisfying wins?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
G:
Lazar
ERod, GWG notwithstanding.
Mitts
Skinner

Meh:
Thought Jack had a mostly solid game outside the one GA
Thought Dahlin had a nice game outside the GWG
Not quite sure what Ralph was thinking in OT, especially on the faceoff leading to the GWG. 71/37/26?

B:
Hutton on the GWG

U:
Refs, especially in the 3rd. Reinhart play was a follow-through. No call on Larsson getting his knee hacked at like a log. Risto gets 2 min for.......what now?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
How many losses in a row will it take for a coach to try literally anything but Ristolainen in the top pair?

Because I’m willing to go for it at this point.

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
I liked Montour tonight, solid early in his return, but not as blazing as I remember him last year

Reactions: Zman5778

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
How many losses in a row will it take for a coach to try literally anything but Ristolainen in the top pair?

Because I’m willing to go for it at this point.

If it took an 0-82 season for them to fire McCabe and Ristolainen into the sun I think I can bite the bullet there.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
How do we rise above this brand of hockey and start beating good teams with satisfying wins?

It all starts with talent, and we're short on it. Especially with MoJo out. We've got basically 3 top-6 forwards and Olofsson who's being carried by Jack and Sam (though he does contribute some here and there).

Mitts is showing more glimpses than he did last year, but still not good enough. LOG is effective cycling and being kinda sorta dangerous, but they basically have no scoring touch.

Our defense is talented and it's starting to show. We've got 3 strong puck movers in Montour, Dahlin and Joker. Scandella has bounced back, mostly. Risto/McCabe? Risto shows glimpses, so does McCabe.....but neither are super effective at puck moving and prone to panic clears.

But it all comes down to talent.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Montour is also huge for this team. He creates offense through his skating ability unlike any of our other D AND he is playing solid defensively so far.

I cannot stress enough how big the gap between him and Risto as players are.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good:

- Skinner against his old team.
- Risto's OT sequence. Won a puck, exited clean, and was wide open for a feed before smoking Svech.
- Joker's (momentary) GTG.
- Larry on the GTG - took a hit and then a massive slash to set the screen.
- Lazar's goal. See that emotion? More please.

The Bad:

- That OT snafu with Rodrigues and Dahlin and Hutton all ****ing up.
- Speaking of Hutton... can you stop a puck shortside again? Please?
- Jack sucked tonight. The body language is terrible, but so are the decision making is just driving me nuts. Microcosm of his play - wins a puck, dances around three Canes and goes from the RW wall to almost the left point, only to softly backhand the puck immediately into one of the Carolina checkers.
- Mitts OT one-man play.
- Hello powerplay. ****ing simplify and put the puck to the net and crash it. Honestly, put LOG on the PP with someone like Skinner and Dahlin to just crash the ****ing crease. Stop being fancy.
- Daisy curls.
- Vesey. Please make him go away. Two assists in 14 games. All about that secondary scoring right? He is ass.
- Sheary. Please make him go away 2.0. Three days shy of a month since his last point.

The Ugly:

- 20 days since a win.
- NHL officiating is on brand.

Last edited:
Reactions: sabresfan3383

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Ralph's to do list:
Win a faceoff
Don't rely on a call up from the minors to motivate the team
Find a goalie who can play a game without giving up a bad goal
Get traffic in front of the net

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo

We need Botts to get off his hands and do something. He took all of last year to wait and see, he made some good moves in the offseason but we cant have another wait and see season. We have too many defenseman and not enough scoring, Theres talk of teams wanting E-Rod and Scandella, he needs to make a damn move, even if it's just a minor move, shake something up show the team we arent waiting and seeing again this year. Find out what Jersey wants for Hall, look at Winnipeg and Anaheim and see what they are willing to do for defense, everyone outside Dahlin and Joki should be available on defense, someone will have a middle 6 scoring option available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad