Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Info and Discussion - Part VII - Cliff Pu and other shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
At this point the chances are high he will be allowed to go to the WJC. Only way I see Necas not being released is if they call him up to the NHL and he starts piling up points.

Canes want to boost Necas’s confidence and get him big minutes. WJC should provide both.
I would also find it positive to give a young player the chance to shine and show in a completely different team and position. Aho playing 1C in WHC for Finland certainly didn't turn out as a bad deal for the organization.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Stelio Mattheos quietly is tied for second position in WHL with 21 goals in 25 games. Not that bad for 3rd round pick. Let's hope he's another gem. I was impressed with Geekie last season.
Definitely looks to be a value pick. I wonder if the organization sees him as a C or RW. I think a line with three forwards who can all play center would have benefits. Perhaps Martinook/Wallmark/Mattheos in a year or two.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
This kid might be something seriously special. If he’s playing in the NHL and not wearing a Canes uniform it’s going to be quite upsetting.

Canes can offer him a 2 year acceleration to his ELC versus anyone else. If the Canes want Fox on their team they are going to have to roll out the red carpet, maximize his incentives, and (most importantly) remove the glut of RHD ahead of him. They would be very foolish to hinder this opportunity, the last NCAA player to look this skilled was Gaudreau (who similarly had a devisive reception among fans of prospects). Not counting an obvious Eichel.

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Canes can offer him a 2 year acceleration to his ELC versus anyone else. If the Canes want Fox on their team they are going to have to roll out the red carpet, maximize his incentives, and (most importantly) remove the glut of RHD ahead of him. They would be very foolish to hinder this opportunity, the last NCAA player to look this skilled was Gaudreau (who similarly had a devisive reception among fans of prospects).
Yup. Sign ELC with Canes next spring and play a game and he's done with his ELC 30.6.2020, a month and a half earlier than he would hit his Draft-related UFA and sign his ELC with someone else.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
i don't think people understand exactly how much equity a player stands to lose by going the ufa route if they're offered to burn a year of their elc after their junior season. not to mention the assumption of risk related to injury and other factors that make playing an extra year of college hockey unpalatable. it's literally passing up millions of dollars for no good reason and repeating a level you've entirely dominated, further stagnating your development and creating bad habits. it's bad from a financial, developmental, and public perception standpoint which might impact endorsement opportunities, etc. any agent worth his salt would advise his client to avoid it unless they were thoroughly convicted about their potential destination or simply didn't need the money. i haven't even given it a serious consideration that he might try to big time us. he was incredibly forthright in camp about his willingness to sign.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
That's bull****, he deserves more AHL starts, not going to the ECHL. He's being forced out by Darling and an underperforming Needaspellcheck. Are we trying to ruin his development?

Velucci too smart to continuously start a floundering Darling. Booth will be back to get his chance once Darling proves he can’t even be a decent AHLer which is a pretty safe bet.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
In an effort to do what was mentioned in another thread, I'm going to try to focus on some positives. Therefore...

NCAA Stats

FOX 12-4.jpg

WHL Stats

MATTHEOS 12-4.jpg

Discuss!

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
In an effort to do what was mentioned in another thread, I'm going to try to focus on some positives. Therefore...

NCAA Stats

View attachment 161483

WHL Stats

View attachment 161485

Discuss!

Matteos will be a fringe NHL player and Fox is going to be an all-star for another team after choosing to go the UFA route instead of signing his ELC. Did I do it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad