Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Info and Discussion - Part VII - Cliff Pu and other shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Jokipoikien kasvatti Ville Räsäsen ura jatkuu Yhdysvalloissa - "Kuulosti parhaalta vaihtoehdolta" (FIN)

Apparently he had back issues and a broken season in Jukurit. The back is good now, his agent made USHL sound like the best option with the small rink and all. Also the Hurricanes organization recommended USHL for him.

Also he spent the last summer training in Turku with the Finn physics guru Rautala group with guys like Rantanen and Laine. It's not bad company to train in I guess.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It's good thing that his ELC is bound to end at the same time either way (and a year early compared to the college UFA route) whether he is signed in this spring or the next. There is no pressure to get him done from that at least.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Adam Fox is probably the first dman ever to lead the NCAA in pts/gp and he even played a full season!

Disclaimer: I only went through like 30 years in EP.

But what I'm saying is that he is a special player and I think the majority of our fanbase underrates him severely.

I'd definitely not rank Bean above him, I think Fox is both more NHL ready and also has the higher potential.

I also find it very interesting that in Calgary he said that he wants to focus on school, but after he was traded to us, he said that he wants to make NHL as soon as possible.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I also find it very interesting that in Calgary he said that he wants to focus on school, but after he was traded to us, he said that he wants to make NHL as soon as possible.

2d2.jpg

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Yeah while it’s awesome Fox has put up a special year in production it’s really hard to say what will translate moving up. I feel he got a lot of his points being a pro qb, which is good for us especially as a righty but watching the tape I’ve seen I don’t know how great his shot is. He definitely distributes well. I’ll be curious to watch him in the tourney for sure against the best competition.

He’s not a big fella, there are questions about how great a skater he is, and points in the ncaa are exceesingly difficult to evaluate in terms predicting nhl success. Does he defend well at all? Does he turn the puck over a lot? We don’t know. All we have is a stat line. You can’t rate a stat line over Bean playing well as a pro right now.

Maybe he’ll step right into the NHL but it seems more likely he’ll need some time to adapt. As usual, I hope I’m wrong.

More important is whether or not he ever had any intention of signing for us. We’ll know that pretty soon.

Last edited:

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
What makes you say that? Because he's lighting up the NCAA?

Well I mean NCAA is pretty much already full of men, so it's not like he has dominated against kids. Will Butcher made NHL straight from NCAA and had even pretty good rookie season and Fox is much better.

He scored this season the highest pts/gp by U21 dman in NCAA since 95/96, has impressed in USNTDP, U18, U20 and dominated NCAA.

Meanwhile Jake Bean was fairly mediocre in juniors, WJC and even his AHL season while good, isn't that noteworthy.

And I also dont think there is huge gap between NCAA and AHL.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Well I mean NCAA is pretty much already full of men, so it's not like he has dominated against kids. Will Butcher made NHL straight from NCAA and had even pretty good rookie season and Fox is much better.

He scored this season the highest pts/gp by U21 dman in NCAA since 95/96, has impressed in USNTDP, U18, U20 and dominated NCAA.

Meanwhile Jake Bean was fairly mediocre in juniors, WJC and even his AHL season while good, isn't that noteworthy.

Yep, gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you pretty mightily here.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

Using world juniors to support your argument is just weak :laugh:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

I’m not trying to be dismissive, I like you’re bullish on the kid but I watched Will Butcher quite a bit his last year and I have no idea how you know or think Fox is better. I would hope it’s not just points.

Butcher stepped back this year but definitely was an impact player his rookie year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad