:handclap:

That's 'way too Canadian'.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
want to hump

I see what you're doing, you're trying to bait me into posting photos of Hope Solo, but you won't get me.

We all know Alex is hot and such not, but she ain't no Hope Solo. Alex may make men swoon with her cheerful good looks, but Hope commands the same looks with her look of constant disdainful, haughty derision. She could break your neck with but a glance and make you enjoy it at the same time. :handclap::handclap::handclap:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I see what you're doing, you're trying to bait me into posting photos of Hope Solo, but you won't get me.

We all know Alex is hot and such not, but she ain't no Hope Solo. Alex may make men swoon with her cheerful good looks, but Hope commands the same looks with her look of constant disdainful, haughty derision. She could break your neck with but a glance and make you enjoy it at the same time. :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Didn't we have this debate at least once on this board before? With you and I the two posters (that I remember) who prefer Solo?

...although either one would be good. Both?:naughty:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I'll admit that I didn't watch the game, I'm on my fourth straight episode of House of Cards tonight after work...but I do have one thing to say. One thing that will probably make me sick to my stomach...let's go Gamecocks!

Excuse me while I go vomit.

Welcome to the dark side, PE. :laugh:

A shame Reptar is no longer with us, but win it for him!

Welcome to the strange, crazy world that is South Carolina baseball. What a shame that I have to go to Columbia this weekend and can't go to any of the games especially since Boshamer is but a short walk from here. :cry:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Alright, I need someone to explain to me why the Mummy is such a terrifying monster? It's not scary at all. Ya, it has super strength and stamina and such not, I'll give it that, but come on, it's soooooo slow. Like seriously, if you get caught by the Mummy, you deserve to die. It doesn't even look scary.

Personally, I like my movie monsters to elicit feelings of pure dread and that are terrifying down to the bone. For example:

tumblr_m9abrn9SJ81qervwxo1_1280.jpg

killershrews-old.jpg

The_Phantom_from_10,000_Leagues_03.jpg

leprechaun-tricycle.jpg

sharktopus3139.jpg

Or at the very least:

tumblr_mm03cq8iir1rlct23o1_400.gif

/rant

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Alright, I need someone to explain to me why the Mummy is such a terrifying monster? It's not scary at all. Ya, it has super strength and stamina and such not, I'll give it that, but come on, it's soooooo slow. Like seriously, if you get caught by the Mummy, you deserve to die. It doesn't even look scary.

Personally, I like my movie monsters to elicit feelings of pure dread and that are terrifying down to the bone. For example:

tumblr_m9abrn9SJ81qervwxo1_1280.jpg

/rant

Yeah, it's the hat that makes that one so scary.

(btw, is that the love child of Homer Simpson and Cookie Monster in the background?)

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I'll have you guys know, that those are *ALL* Oscar worthy, classic motion pictures.

The first is Creature from the Haunted Sea, followed by Attack of the Killer Shrews, Phantom from 10,000 Leaguyes, Leprecahun, Sharktopus and Ernest Scared Stupid

Fun facts, the first monster's eyes were cerated by gluing ping pong balls (pupils) on top of tennis balls and who ever designed the monster for the second one, has no idea what a Shrew looks like :laugh:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I'll have you guys know, that those are *ALL* Oscar worthy, classic motion pictures.

The first is Creature from the Haunted Sea, followed by Attack of the Killer Shrews, Phantom from 10,000 Leaguyes, Leprecahun, Sharktopus and Ernest Scared Stupid

Fun facts, the first monster's eyes were cerated by gluing ping pong balls (pupils) on top of tennis balls and who ever designed the monster for the second one, has no idea what a Shrew looks like :laugh:

Looks pretty accurate to me.:sarcasm:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well, in response to your initial question, it's usually because the mummy has some sort of Egyptian magic to go along with the enhanced strength and immortality. From controlling scarabs, vipers, scorpions, etc. to turning victims into dust, magic is often affiliated with mummies.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force! You are about to embark upon a great crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers in arms on other fronts, you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.
Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle hardened, he will fight savagely.
But this is the year 1944! Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man to man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our home fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned! The free men of the world are marching together to victory!
I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!
Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.
-- Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
My father was there at Omaha. The only time I ever saw him cry was when we saw <I>Saving Private Ryan</i> for the first time. He never liked to talk about it. Going through his things after he passed away, I found his bronze star he earned in France. To him and to every veteran living or dead, I thank you for stepping off those Higgins Boats and doing something thought impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad