Hurricanes Off Topic Lounge X: Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Mad-Mad-Mad...Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Pack baseball moves on.

One of the things that sucks about living in Valentine Commons is that the lights at Doak stay on until 3AM whenever there's an evening game. Those lights shine right into my windows and make it hard for me to sleep, as I'm one of those people who likes complete darkness to sleep in.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
One of the things that sucks about living in Valentine Commons is that the lights at Doak stay on until 3AM whenever there's an evening game. Those lights shine right into my windows and make it hard for me to sleep, as I'm one of those people who likes complete darkness to sleep in.

If you can find one, I recommend one of these:

ra-23617-01_s_fs_3_20130228-122746_13_en.jpg

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC

That would suck even though I sleep with a tv on.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
If you can find one, I recommend one of these:

I have blinds and a dark curtain up on the window, but it shines through the edge of the curtain based on the location of the field compared to my room. So it casts a bright light in the corner of my room towards the foot of my bed.

/rant

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I have blinds and a dark curtain up on the window, but it shines through the edge of the curtain based on the location of the field compared to my room. So it casts a bright light in the corner of my room towards the foot of my bed.

/rant

It's weird. I'm kinda the same way but different. My neighbours (both next door and across the alley) have bright porch lights that come through my blinds but I've grown used to them. Weirdly, what gets me is sunlight and not even bright, just that twilighty, grey//blue the sky is when the sun is coming up.

SCanedinavian

Sep 13, 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland
:(

If it's any consolation, I had to recreate my Shepard visually because of the botched face import bug at the time of release.

The worst thing is that I can't find my ME2 box anywhere, think I've lent it to someone and not got it back, so can't even try to fix it. Oh well. New Shepard it is.

On a somewhat (gaming) related note, what does everyone think about the Xbox One and PS4? I've always had an Xbox, and never owned a playstation console, but by the looks of things I'm going to have to seriously consider the PS4 this time.

I've really not been impressed by the Xbox so far, forcing you to have the kinect connected, having to connect to the Internet every 24 hours (for license purposes they claim, bet it has to do with updating the ads on your home screen as well) and the whole killing off used games thing (while they are so slow to lower the price on their on the demand games) has made me debate giving it a miss. All the TV stuff seems cool, but how much of that is gonna be available in Europe. I can't go PS3 because the controller is atrocious imo. At the moment leaning towards getting a new gaming PC at the end of the year, but will see how things shake out at E3.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Guess some Canadian fans were chanting racial slurs and making fun of her dad. Guess Leroux was justified.

Sydney Leroux's Twitter said:
Sydney Leroux ‏@sydneyleroux 7h
When you chant racial slurs, taunt me and talk about my family don't be mad when I shush you and show pride in what I represent. #America

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Had to google her to find out who she was. Trolling Canadian fans? Be still my heart. :laugh:

The Canadian announcer (Craig Forest) had some choice words for her to.

Saying her celebration was "Way to American." and that we could "Have her."

An interesting sentiment considering all she did was pop her jersey and "Shush" the crowd.

If stuff that insignificant gets his panties in a bunch, I wonder how he feels about teams celebrating like they live in a trailer park?

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Just found this on Reddit, thought I'd stick it here:

MuHoPWq.jpg

For me personally, only games there that I'd legitimately buy are MLB the Show, and possibly Uncharted. We'll see how things go once released, but I'm leaning towards switching to the PS4 at this point.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Just found this on Reddit, thought I'd stick it here:

MuHoPWq.jpg

For me personally, only games there that I'd legitimately buy are MLB the Show, and possibly Uncharted. We'll see how things go once released, but I'm leaning towards switching to the PS4 at this point.

Although it's a game that's lacking in action, Heavy Rain is brilliant. It's such a beautiful work of art.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I'll admit that I didn't watch the game, I'm on my fourth straight episode of House of Cards tonight after work...but I do have one thing to say. One thing that will probably make me sick to my stomach...let's go Gamecocks!

Excuse me while I go vomit.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Haha, I'm hoping for the rematch so it's a win-win with whatever happens in their super regional.

Yeah, I suppose...but that's only if the Pack win over the Heels.

After mentioning Heavy Rain earlier, I have a strong desire to play through the entire game again tomorrow on my day off. As I've said, it's a work of art...the intricacies of the game are incredible, although it lacks action and works more as a story or a movie than a game. Basically how well/poorly you interact in the game affects the way the story works out. If you fail a button-sequence, a character might die and be removed from the story. There's like 7 different complete endings to it, and I've only made it through the most-positive ending. It's really a shame that the developers didn't want to make a sequel-type game, although with new characters/story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad